Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Never Trumpers
This shiny new catch phrase has been all the rage for the last month or so.

I was thinking this morning about it and I don't think it means what Trump thinks it means.

Trump seems to use the phrase to attack anyone who disagrees with him or thinks he may have done something wrong.

But, to me, it better suits people from both parties that kind of knew that Trump was in over his head wanting to be POTUS.  He wasn't a "Mr. Smith goes to Washington" type: young, ideological, wanting to do good.  He was old, set in his ways and had demonstrated a personality that couldn't handle criticism, showed no desire to learn since he "knows more" than everyone about everything and without any real ideology other than "only I can fix things"....even if they are not broken.

Sure, there are lots of "Never Trumpers".  Not only are they not what Trump paints them as when he's playing the victim card, but they were right about him.

Every time he tweets about them proves that.

Just my opinion on it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
This isn't a new term. The Never Trumper movement is one that consists of principled conservatives that have been criticizing Trump from the start and many have denounced the Republican party since his nomination. They have been highly critical of Trump and Republican officials that have supported and defended his very non-conservative activities.

What has happened, however, is that we have seen many of the original Never Trump movement become sycophantic boot lickers as time goes on. Take Lindsey Graham, for instance. He was considered to be a part of the movement in the early days, but look at him now. Most of the elected Republicans at the federal level as well as party officials have either been supportive from the beginning, or they have put on the public face of support while (supposedly) tut-tutting behind closed doors, showing they lack any sort of fortitude or bravery to stand up to what is wrong.

Some conservative journalists, activists, and strategists have maintained a strong opposition to Trump. Folks such as Max Boot, Rick Wilson, David Frum, and others have maintained an anti-Trump position and have criticized the GOP for falling for him. Others that started off in opposition have, like the politicians, taken on a a more agreeable tone with him. Glenn Beck is an example of this.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(11-14-2019, 11:12 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: This isn't a new term. The Never Trumper movement is one that consists of principled conservatives that have been criticizing Trump from the start and many have denounced the Republican party since his nomination. They have been highly critical of Trump and Republican officials that have supported and defended his very non-conservative activities.

What has happened, however, is that we have seen many of the original Never Trump movement become sycophantic boot lickers as time goes on. Take Lindsey Graham, for instance. He was considered to be a part of the movement in the early days, but look at him now. Most of the elected Republicans at the federal level as well as party officials have either been supportive from the beginning, or they have put on the public face of support while (supposedly) tut-tutting behind closed doors, showing they lack any sort of fortitude or bravery to stand up to what is wrong.

Some conservative journalists, activists, and strategists have maintained a strong opposition to Trump. Folks such as Max Boot, Rick Wilson, David Frum, and others have maintained an anti-Trump position and have criticized the GOP for falling for him. Others that started off in opposition have, like the politicians, taken on a a more agreeable tone with him. Glenn Beck is an example of this.

Ok, not "new" but it's been pushed more recently since the Impeachment Inquiry started getting testimony from people Trump was normally demand to be "loyal" to him.

And I agree that many flipped when he won because they have no souls or ethics.  Maybe that's why they are in politics?  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I think it's interesting he calls people he appointed never Trumpers....

This guy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
[Image: McMullinforPOTUS.png]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]