Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Never read the comment section...
I tell myself this all the time, but one of my dad's redneck cousins liked a picture that then showed up in my Facebook feed.

Did I miss something during the halftime show?  We had the television on, with sound, but as it was a party I didn't really pay attention.

Anyway, I usually block out the names of random posters but these fine folks seem to take great pride in their opinions so they deserve to have their names known!

[Image: 020816.jpg]

Again, did she do or say something out of line that I missed?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
If you're not reading the comments, you aren't living.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-08-2016, 05:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: I tell myself this all the time, but one of my dad's redneck cousins liked a picture that then showed up in my Facebook feed.

Did I miss something during the halftime show?  We had the television on, with sound, but as it was a party I didn't really pay attention.

Anyway, I usually block out the names of random posters but these fine folks seem to take great pride in their opinions so they deserve to have their names known!

Again, did she do or say something out of line that I missed?

The general consensus was that the uniforms her and her back ups were wearing were an homage to the Black Panther Party.  This is rather reinforced by their backstage pre show pic.

[Image: beyonce-mom-black-power-instagram.jpg]

Sorry I know it's from Breitbart, but it's the first copy I found.  I do feel dirty about it though.

Quite simply, I don't really care if she was or not.  The whole racial identity politics of the present day are getting effing old though.
I didn't really know what she was saying. Something about afros.

Since I know there's no boobs, I generally tune out the half-time show.
People who do the Black Panther salute need the type of validation the people who respond by comparing them to gorillas can only give. Circle of life, and all that.
(02-08-2016, 06:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: People who do the Black Panther salute need the type of validation the people who respond by comparing them to gorillas can only give.  Circle of life, and all that.

So damn true.  Sadly the media generally chooses to portray all of us by our worst examples.  The more competition for "viewers" there is the worse it gets.
(02-08-2016, 06:27 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So damn true.  Sadly the media generally chooses to portray all of us by our worst examples.  The more competition for "viewers" there is the worse it gets.

I guess my point is that if someone does the Black Panther salute and I start telling that person he/she is a lower form of life I have just validated the reason that person might sympathize with the Black Panthers in the first place.

EDIT: er wait, you're agreeing with me.
(02-08-2016, 06:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I guess my point is that if someone does the Black Panther salute and I start telling that person he/she is a lower form of life I have just validated the reason that person might sympathize with the Black Panthers in the first place.

EDIT:  er wait, you're agreeing with me.

Yes, yes I am.  I just tacked on how the media perpetuates it endlessly for their own benefit as well.
She is packing a lot down there. I never really paid much attention to her. Has she always been that big? Beautiful face though.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Isn't celebrating the people who killed Malcolm X a racist thing to do?
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(02-08-2016, 07:47 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Isn't celebrating the people who killed Malcolm X a racist thing to do?

Dude, the FBI killed Malcom X, don't you know anything?  Seriously though, the nation of islam had him killed, not the BPP.
(02-08-2016, 06:53 PM)michaelsean Wrote: She is packing a lot down there.  I never really paid much attention to her.  Has she always been that big?  Beautiful face though.

Yes, she's always been thick.  I happen to find that body style attractive.  I guess that it's all a matter of preference/natural selection.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
If you ever want to feel smarter just read the comments section of almost anything on Facebook. My personal favorite is occupy democrats. Social media thinking is pretty much summed up as, "oh this meme fits my preconceived bias? It clearly must be true then."
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Beyonce took the opportunity to send out a message of politics and division. It was truly sad.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-08-2016, 07:49 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Seriously though, the nation of islam had him killed, not the BPP.
Oops, I knew that.
(02-08-2016, 06:21 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The general consensus was that the uniforms her and her back ups were wearing were an homage to the Black Panther Party.  This is rather reinforced by their backstage pre show pic.

[Image: beyonce-mom-black-power-instagram.jpg]

Sorry I know it's from Breitbart, but it's the first copy I found.  I do feel dirty about it though.

Quite simply, I don't really care if she was or not.  The whole racial identity politics of the present day are getting effing old though.

Love the diversity...
(02-08-2016, 09:26 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: If you ever want to feel smarter just read the comments section of almost anything on Facebook. My personal favorite is occupy democrats. Social media thinking is pretty much summed up as, "oh this meme fits my preconceived bias? It clearly must be true then."
I haven't checked in a while, but being Being Liberal would always accidentally troll itself by posting a pro-libertarian meme or a quote from Ayn Rand or someone.
(02-08-2016, 09:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, she's always been thick.  I happen to find that body style attractive.  I guess that it's all a matter of preference/natural selection.

A girl doesn't have to be a waif, a strong dancer's type body is very attractive, but that's a bit big for me.  To each his own.

Yea, I didn't notice any of this. I could have used less Beyonce and Bruno Mars and more Coldplay.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Who are these people and why should I be offended?

I've heard their names before, but I'm still stuck in 70's and 80's music.

Are they any good or is it more of "It all sounds the same to me" type of music?
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.