Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Never seen a bengals playoff win?
I've been looking for this video online for years and someone finally posted it. 

The last time the Bengals won a playoff game... Enjoy it while it's still up.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Born October 91 never been alive for one Sad
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 02:08 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Born October 91 never been alive for one Sad

You were alive. I just doubt that you remember it, being 8 months old.  Wink

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I dont remember the last playoff win. I was born a few days after our last Superbowl loss. It's sad I cant remember it when I'm 30
Reply/Quote
Lots of good names in this vid. We will be there again fella's.

Reply/Quote
I do remember some playoff game wins and two crushing Super Bowl losses. I’m ready for a win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 04:47 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I do remember some playoff game wins and two crushing Super Bowl losses. I’m ready for a win

Would be safe to say most of us agree.  Cool 

Reply/Quote
Hell we saw 'em win one 3 years ago... It feels and looks just like that. Just without the utter bufoonery that followed Burfict's interception.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 02:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You were alive. I just doubt that you remember it, being 8 months old.  Wink

Our last playoff win was in January 1991, so if he was born in October 1991, it's possible he was conceived around that time.

So basically, I blame TSwigZ parents for this mess.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 05:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Our last playoff win was in January 1991, so if he was born in October 1991, it's possible he was conceived around that time.

So basically, I blame TSwigZ parents for this mess.

Ya...someone had some wacky math going on there.  Shocked

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 04:47 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I do remember some playoff game wins and two crushing Super Bowl losses. I’m ready for a win

The last super bowl appearance was soooooooooooooooooo winable. I remember when Montana's pass came out of our defender's hands for an easy INT and likely victory seal on Montana's last winning drive. We did get the ball back with less than a minute i think but it was like a quick 4 and out and game over.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 05:26 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: The last super bowl appearance was soooooooooooooooooo winable. I remember when Montana's pass came out of our defender's hands for an easy INT and likely victory seal on Montana's last winning drive. We did get the ball back with less than a minute i think but it was like a quick 4 and out and game over.
Thirty four seconds, a phrase that will be stuck in my head like a bad pop song until the day I die.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 01:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I've been looking for this video online for years and someone finally posted it. 

Thanks for posting. I haven't seen this since it actually happened. Brooks with broken thumb and the replay showing it bent with announcer commentary brought back memories!  
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 05:26 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: The last super bowl appearance was soooooooooooooooooo winable. I remember when Montana's pass came out of our defender's hands for an easy INT and likely victory seal on Montana's last winning drive. We did get the ball back with less than a minute i think but it was like a quick 4 and out and game over.

The dropped interception actually came early in the 4th quarter if I recall correctly.  I believe it was the very play before Jerry Rice caught a TD to tie it at 13 apiece.  However, I do think it could have really changed the outcome of that game regardless.  How draining would that have been for the Niners to have driven all that way just to have the ball intercepted in the endzone.  Alas, we'll never know.
Reply/Quote
I had a rad mullet when that video was made.

Reply/Quote
I've seen em all. Sometimes it seems like it was a different lifetime. Fingers crossed it's coming to an end soon.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 01:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I've been looking for this video online for years and someone finally posted it. 

Last time I've seen a playoff win. also started watching bengals games in 1988. Then made them my team in 89 superbowl. Been down hill since. I'll be 42 in june. I've been a fan for 30 yrs will be 31 yrs this year. I've cried, tried leaving a lot of times, quit buying clothes ect. Now I just watch the games
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 07:10 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: Thanks for posting. I haven't seen this since it actually happened. Brooks with broken thumb and the replay showing it bent with announcer commentary brought back memories!  

That, and it's just such a stark reminder of just how bad a play by play guy Don Criqui was. 

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 11:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That, and it's just such a stark reminder of just how bad a play by play guy Don Criqui was. 

Ha! Yep, he was basically telling everyone to turn their TV off and the Bengals had won before halftime even. Probably had a roast in the oven he was worried about burning and needed to get out of there.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 07:15 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: The dropped interception actually came early in the 4th quarter if I recall correctly.  I believe it was the very play before Jerry Rice caught a TD to tie it at 13 apiece.  However, I do think it could have really changed the outcome of that game regardless.  How draining would that have been for the Niners to have driven all that way just to have the ball intercepted in the endzone.  Alas, we'll never know.

Lewis. *****. Billups. 

Could have been a huge legend in Cincinnati sports lore had he held on to a ball thrown right to him. He catches that ball, I think they win that game and my son's name would have been Lewis. 
Reply/Quote