Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Never too early....
...to look at what we need to do to get back to this point and actually get the win and get that elusive Lombardi. I know some may want to reside in their dissapointment and not think about football for a bit which is fair enough, but I bleed orange and black and already am thinking on what we can do this offseason to improve ourselves.

First things first:Simply have to improve the O-line. Yes I know some guys are banged up, but let's be blunt here; even when we are fully healthy we are still not that dynamite imo on the o-line. Draft best o lineman available? I think so sure.

New punter? Check
A true pass rusher? Check

Anything else?

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:24 AM)The American Dream Wrote: ...to look at what we need to do to get back to this point and actually get the win and get that elusive Lombardi. I know some may want to reside in their dissapointment and not think about football for a bit which is fair enough, but I bleed orange and black and already am thinking on what we can do this offseason to improve ourselves.

First things first:Simply have to improve the O-line. Yes I know some guys are banged up, but let's be blunt here; even when we are fully healthy we are still not that dynamite imo on the o-line. Draft best o lineman available? I think so sure.

New punter? Check
A true pass rusher? Check

Anything else?

Very doubtful LC is ready to start the season.  Darnell Wright is the #1 RT tackle in college.  Awuzie is questionable as well, thus a CB is a high priority. 

We will also need a LB and safety depth to cover for Pratt & Bates.

Reply/Quote
If we had a functioning OL protecting Burrow, we win tonight. Cost us the SB last year, cost us the AFC this year.
Reply/Quote
Don’t have three injured o line. Winning last week and losing in the last seconds this week is pretty damn good with three backups.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Carman played pretty well. That’s about it. Adeniji and others were abused.

Need OL and edge rusher
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:31 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Don’t have three injured o line. Winning last week and losing in the last seconds this week is pretty damn good with three backups.

This ^, here come the fans who never post on here and dont realize that no team has quality oline depth. 

Reply/Quote
Well, we have some free agents we might lose too. And Burrow might get paid $50 million.
Reply/Quote
We need to do what we can to win the division, which means becoming more physical like the Ravens and Browns. The lack of a running game is what bit us in the end. Even when Burrow wasn't getting sacked, he was throwing the ball into the dirt, and even that caught up with us the last time he tried it. We could not milk any clock nor sustain any drives.

We will not be able to afford all of these receivers anyways, and I really don't think it is necessary to have all of them. Burrow is good enough to make even adequate receivers work, especially if we have the threat of a run game to get guys more open, and to keep defense from pinning their ears back the whole game. That is why Mahomes was able to hit #11 so many times, because we were afraid of Pacheco getting loose.
Reply/Quote
A hard look has to be taken at Simmons. When you're keeping guys who are complete liabilities at their positions like Morgan around "because ST's", your coverage and return units can't struggle this badly. Gave up a huge PR late and did nothing returning kicks and punts.
Reply/Quote
Trenches, Trenches and Trenches. A right tackle than can handle speed and pass rushers. Can give a qb 4 seconds.
Reply/Quote
I feel like we need to keep the core of this team around and add a game changing 3T to this team. A Chris Jones level player would be nice.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Mahomes lost Hill and while that made their offense less "spectacular," Mahomes played within the system much better than in previous years, and that might have enabled him to avoid his erratic half that he had in last year's game.

Whatever we have to do to get more balanced on offense, that is what is going to have to happen.
Reply/Quote