Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New 2020 7 round Mock
1ST ROUND-JOE BURROW-QB-LSU

2ND ROUND-BRANDON AIYUK-WR-ARIZONA ST. OR KENNETH MURRAY IF HE'S THERE.

3RD ROUND-LOGAN STENBERG-OG-KENTUCKY

4TH ROUND-EVAN WEAVER-ILB-CALIFORNIA

5TH ROUND-REGGIE ROBINSON-CB-TULSA

6TH ROUND-RODRIGO BLANKENSHIP-K-GEORGIA

7TH ROUND-KHALIL TATE-QB-ARIZONA
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
Ehhhh nah. Murray more than likely won’t be there at 33 and that means we are left with Evan Weaver at backer which is not an upgrade at all to our starting linebacker group. He will be another role player. I like the Kentucky guard but overall just being honest not a fan at all.
Reply/Quote
After we take Burrow and with Jonah coming back, I see us going Defence in the rest of the draft unless we do a trade (not for the 1st pick) and we take an o-line guy with 1 of our picks
Reply/Quote
I like it much better with Murray then with Aiyuk. But if we got Murray in the 2nd then I’d prefer the Bengals use the fourth on a different spot then another linebacker. Maybe double up on Offensive line. Also, while I like Blankenship, I think you can get him as an UDFA.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 09:27 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Ehhhh nah.  Murray more than likely won’t be there at 33 and that means we are left with Evan Weaver at backer which is not an upgrade at all to our starting  linebacker group.  He will be another role player.  I like the Kentucky guard but overall just being honest not a fan at all.

I see Evan Weaver as Rey Maualuga.
Weaver is expected to have limited speed but found way after way to make plays in college using his instincts.
He's also good against the run, which the Bengals do need.
But will his instincts compensate enough for his lack of speed at the NFL level?

Weaver would have made a lot of sense on a Marvin Lewis team.
On a Zac Taylor team though, they probably want someone with more speed/range.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 08:19 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: 1ST ROUND-JOE BURROW-QB-LSU

PLease get this right,we are taking defense in rounds 2-4.Remember that,we do not NEED wrs.We have plenty,we need defense and we are taking defense,I know this for a fact,my bengals fans. ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 01:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I see Evan Weaver as Rey Maualuga.
Weaver is expected to have limited speed but found way after way to make plays in college using his instincts.
He's also good against the run, which the Bengals do need.
But will his instincts compensate enough for his lack of speed at the NFL level?

Weaver would have made a lot of sense on a Marvin Lewis team.
On a Zac Taylor team though, they probably want someone with more speed/range.

Evan Weaver is no where near the talent Rey Rey was coming out of USC and Rey Rey’s game didn’t really translate when coming into the league he had maybe a few good ears but wasn’t ever the backer we needed him to be outside his rookie year. I don’t see Evan Weaver coming in and becoming the linebacker we need. I can see him becoming a role player backup backer but haven’t we drafted enough of those type of backers yet already. No thanks
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 05:48 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: PLease get this right,we are taking defense in rounds 2-4.Remember that,we do not NEED wrs.We have plenty,we need defense and we are taking defense,I know this for a fact,my bengals fans. ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp

LOL.  We are not automatically taking defense in 2-4.  When you draft a QB at #1, you need to make damn sure he's set up for success.  If we pass on a stud OG or OT at #33 I will puke.  You very easily could get a 1st round caliber WR at #65.  

I'm all for going offense in the draft.  The defense will be better with a healthy Carl Lawson and played much better at the end of the year.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 06:15 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Evan Weaver is no where near the talent Rey Rey was coming out of USC and Rey Rey’s game didn’t really translate when coming into the league he had maybe a few good ears but wasn’t ever the backer we needed him to be outside his rookie year.  I don’t see Evan Weaver coming in and becoming the linebacker we need.  I can see him becoming a role player backup backer but haven’t we drafted enough of those type of backers yet already.  No thanks

You may be undervaluing Evan Weaver or overvaluing Maualuga coming out of college.

They played in the same conference and Mauluga had better talent around him than Weaver had.
Both played 4 years, but Weaver had over 400 tackles whereas Maualuga only had 273.
Weaver had 1 more TFL and 0.5 sack less than Maualuga.

I think they are more similar than you think.

Just like topic on Vigil, just because I talked about Weaver having good instincts and ability against the run doesn't mean I think he's going to be a great 3-down NFL LB. 
I acknowledged he doesn't have good cover skills, just like Maualuga didn't.
I even stated he probably doesn't make sense on a ZT-led team though, provided they continue to look to use LBs the way they did in 2019.

I don't think he's an ideal fit in a 2-LB scheme that requires the LBs to fly around the field and make plays.
I do think he could be a 2-down LB that specializes in run defense, which is what Maualuga should have been used more as.
That can still be a starter technically, as plenty of 2-LB teams will deploy a third LB for run defense at times.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I think Evan Weaver is GREAT value for the 4th round. His instincts are good and I could definetly see him starting over what we have now.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
If you're going to draft a kicker, draft Tyler Bass.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 08:19 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: 1ST ROUND-JOE BURROW-QB-LSU

Hate the Stenberg pick with a passion.  Kid can't pull, so he's not a scheme fit at all, and he's a Day 3 guy on top of that.  I would be down with Aiyuk or Murray in the 2nd depending on who's there and I think Weaver could develop into a decent starter in a couple of years.  Don't really get the QB in 7 at all, as we've got Finley and Dolegala as developmental QB's.  
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 08:16 PM)Whatever Wrote: Hate the Stenberg pick with a passion.  Kid can't pull, so he's not a scheme fit at all, and he's a Day 3 guy on top of that.  I would be down with Aiyuk or Murray in the 2nd depending on who's there and I think Weaver could develop into a decent starter in a couple of years.  Don't really get the QB in 7 at all, as we've got Finley and Dolegala as developmental QB's.  
I wouldnt count Finley as anything. I saw his act. He might have a great amount of football smarts, but he can't throw a rock across a 4 lane street.

Sounds like maybe he should be helping Jordan coach...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Evan Weaver performed better at the Combine in the 50, 3-cone, and shuttle than I think most thought.
4.21 shuttle (tied for 2nd best among LB)
7.02 3-cone (8th among LB)
4.76 40 yard dash

Not enough to warrant a Day 2 pick, but I'd definitely consider him as a backup MIKE in Rds 4-5.
Those measurables with his elite instincts and tackling ability make found a very reliable (albeit unspectacular) LB for a NFL squad.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 01:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Evan Weaver performed better at the Combine in the 50, 3-cone, and shuttle than I think most thought.
4.21 shuttle (tied for 2nd best among LB)
7.02 3-cone (8th among LB)
4.76 40 yard dash

Not enough to warrant a Day 2 pick, but I'd definitely consider him as a backup MIKE in Rds 4-5.
Those measurables with his elite instincts and tackling ability make found a very reliable (albeit unspectacular) LB for a NFL squad.

We don’t need a backup linebacker our roster is filled with em. We need starting caliber linebackers
Reply/Quote
I thought Stenberg disappointed at the combine.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 02:17 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: We don’t need a backup linebacker our roster is filled with em.  We need starting caliber linebackers

Well that's false, as the Bengals only have Germaine Pratt and Jordan Evans signed to the roster right now, so they clearly need both starters and backups.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 02:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Well that's false, as the Bengals only have Germaine Pratt and Jordan Evans signed to the roster right now, so they clearly need both starters and backups.

I had high hopes for Evans and boy what a let down he has been. 
Reply/Quote