Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Bengal - BJ Finney
Seems like a great move at first blush. 

He was good enough to win games on the Steelers when asked to fill in at G or C. He was good enough to be paid around $4 mil/year in FA. Maybe he can help to lower Joe Burrow's life insurance premiums - which is a huge step in the right direction going forward. 

PS: what is the empirical qualification for being "just a guy"? What happens when you find a player who is a tic better or worse than "just guy" status? 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 12:26 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Seems like a great move at first blush. 

He was good enough to win games on the Steelers when asked to fill in at G or C. He was good enough to be paid around $4 mil/year in FA. Maybe he can help to lower Joe Burrow's life insurance premiums - which is a huge step in the right direction going forward. 

PS: what is the empirical qualification for being "just a guy"? What happens when you find a player who is a tic better or worse than "just guy" status? 

He’s just a guy until he makes a name for himself. Whether it’s good or bad.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 09:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Look at that flow...

[Image: https%3A%2F%2F12thmanrising.com%2Fwp-con...0x560.jpeg]

That's not Finney.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 01:05 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: That's not Finney.

Haha woops. Damn google images...

Here he is (tough looking SOB)

[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fstillcurtain.com%2Fwp-cont...03228.jpeg]

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 11:21 PM)Benton Wrote: When you have a line full of 'just guys' then adding another to the mix is whatever.

Yep. I don't expect anything more from Finney or Spain than we're currently getting from Price/Redmond.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 01:23 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. I don't expect anything more from Finney or Spain than we're currently getting from Price/Redmond.

Price would have never lasted 4 years in Pittsburgh. I’m willing to bet this guy is at least better than him.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 01:23 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. I don't expect anything more from Finney or Spain than we're currently getting from Price/Redmond.

Depends, what's his penalty history? That would take him over the top with Redmond. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Mike hasnt had a Bj since 1980 ,he couldnt refuse the deal
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 04:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Exactly.

No one should expect him to magically emerge as a quality starter.
Bengals need bodies, as you said.

Maybe our coaching staff can make him into a star.
Reply/Quote

Finney, no.

Spain, yes.
Reply/Quote
PLAYOFFS NOW!

OH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 09:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Finney, no.

Spain, yes.

I just looked both of them up on PFF and they're almost the same player. Both are very good in pass pro and average to below in run blocking. 

Finney only has 3 penalties against in his career (mostly a backup but with a handful of starts).

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
At this point with all the injuries & lackluster play what can it hurt to see what he's got in the tank. Could be a upgrade.
Reply/Quote