Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New CB signed to PS, Brian Allen
BIG corner at 6’3” 215. Drafted in 5th round by Steelers in 2017 out of Utah.

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-sign-brian-allen-to-practice-squad-released-kendall-donnerson
Reply/Quote
Seems like a nothingburger move.

27-year-old with 6 total tackles (4 solo) in 4 years with no other stats.

This is his 4th team in just 2020 alone.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 06:25 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: BIG corner at 6’3” 215. Drafted in 5th round by Steelers in 2017 out of Utah.

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-sign-brian-allen-to-practice-squad-released-kendall-donnerson

Can he rush the passer? This team needs sacks.
They are currently 28th in the league at 1.4 sacks per game.

Tangent - The Bengals' two wins are against teams who have a worse pass rush than the Bengals.
TEN - 1.0 sack per game (30th in league)
JAX - 0.9 sack per game (last in league)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Maybe they are trying him at Lb, since they cut one and he has the size (on the lighter end) and doesn't look like he'll make it in the league as a cb.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 07:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Can he rush the passer? This team needs sacks.
They are currently 28th in the league at 1.4 sacks per game.

Tangent - The Bengals' two wins are against teams who have a worse pass rush than the Bengals.
TEN - 1.0 sack per game (30th in league)
JAX - 0.9 sack per game (last in league)

I'm thinking he's just around for ST's depth, as with his size, he's probably a decent blocker on returns.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
ST's pick up. Liked him at Utah but as TLL said, has done next to nothing in the NFL in his time.

Looking for a trade for a pass rusher speaking of Ocho's thoughts here. We have a little time to study up.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 09:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: ST's pick up. Liked him at Utah but as TLL said, has done next to nothing in the NFL in his time.

Looking for a trade for a pass rusher speaking of Ocho's thoughts here. We have a little time to study up.

I'm not down on the pickup, ST's are important.  How long has it been since we had a return to the house?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 10:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not down on the pickup, ST's are important.  How long has it been since we had a return to the house?

We got close against the Titans there...

Wilson definitely has it in him and we can block well on ST's under Simmons.

Been awhile though, probably when Adam was here.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 07:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm thinking he's just around for ST's depth, as with his size, he's probably a decent blocker on returns.

I was joking. He's a CB, I don't expect him to play edge lol.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 11:42 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I was joking. He's a CB, I don't expect him to play edge lol.

You never said, and I never thought or implied that you said edge.  I just thought maybe you meant to put him in Nickle and blitz him, from his CB position.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 07:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You never said, and I never thought or implied that you said edge.  I just thought maybe you meant to put him in Nickle and blitz him, from his CB position.

Been our best pass rush all season.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 07:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You never said, and I never thought or implied that you said edge.  I just thought maybe you meant to put him in Nickle and blitz him, from his CB position.

Fair.
My intent was to joke that he play edge.
Epic fail on my part.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 08:04 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Been our best pass rush all season.

You ain't lying...
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 10:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not down on the pickup, ST's are important.  How long has it been since we had a return to the house?

Well hell you get like one chance a game sometimes and I’m not talking shutout. We all know Ericsson isn’t breaking a punt.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote