Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New CD
So every now and then I get these wild and crazy ideas to make cds.  Just like when we were kids and would make these mixed tapes.  Well, I never really got rid of that bug as I grew up.  So yesterday's cd I've called 'Pickin' On A Sunday Afternoon'.  I'll try to stop back and put in the You Tube video's of the songs, but I just don't have the time for that now.  But all these songs are out on YouTube if you wanna go out and check them out.  A couple of these songs came from a couple members here.  So for that, I thank you!

1. Dueling Banjos- Deliverance soundtrack
2. In Hell I'd Be In Good Company- The Dead South
3. The Devil Wears a Suit and Tie- Colter Wall
4. Wayfaring Stranger- Jack White
5. The Devil Went Down to Georgia- Primus
6. Iron Horse- Mean Mary
7. American Outlaws- Whiskey Myers
8. Livin' Hell- Blackberry Smoke
9. Make it Rain- Ed Sheeran
10. Too Old to Die Young- Brother Dredge
11. Thunderstuck- Steve n Seagulls
12. You Can Have the Crown- Sturgill Simpson
13. Keep the Wolves Away- Uncle Lucius
14. Hippies and Cowboys- Cody Jinks
15. Outlaw Shit- Waylon Jennings Forever
16. Fate's Right Hand- Rodney Crowell

A damn fine collection of Outlaw Country, if I do say so myself. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 12:52 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: So every now and then I get these wild and crazy ideas to make cds.  Just like when we were kids and would make these mixed tapes.  Well, I never really got rid of that bug as I grew up.  So yesterday's cd I've called 'Pickin' On A Sunday Afternoon'.  I'll try to stop back and put in the You Tube video's of the songs, but I just don't have the time for that now.  But all these songs are out on YouTube if you wanna go out and check them out.  A couple of these songs came from a couple members here.  So for that, I thank you!

6. Iron Horse- Mean Mary

Gonna see Colter Wall and Tyler Childers next Thursday.

I've only recently caught on to Whiskey Myers. They're pretty badass. I love that Uncle Lucius song... Can never get enough Jinks.

About two months ago I was putting a new hardwood floor in a guy's house. He was probably 65 or so. Anyway... One day he poked his head in the room, and asked "What is that?". I didn't know what he was talking about. "What is that you're listening to?... Is that bluegrass? What is that?" I told him it was just Pandora. He wanted names. So I rattled off Colter, Jinks, Stapleton, Ward Davis, Sturgill. He's just putting them in his phone as quick as he could. Poked his head back in about an hour later. "Ever heard Band of Heathens?" He asked. I just smiled.

The next day I ring his doorbell. I'm waiting there for 4-5 minutes. He finally answered the door looking really rough. A little while later I see him carrying an empty bottle of tequila to the trash. "Too much outlaw country last night." he moaned as he walked by... I was so proud.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Also... You ever hear Lone Pine Hill by Justin Townes Earle? Sometimes I'll listen to that song three times in row.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 09:40 PM)jason Wrote: Also... You ever hear Lone Pine Hill by Justin Townes Earle? Sometimes I'll listen to that song three times in row.

No, but I'll put it down. There might be another cd in the works. :)

I really like the Pine Box Boys song Will You Remember Me? Should have added that in in this one.
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 10:06 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: No, but I'll put it down. There might be another cd in the works. :)

I really like the Pine Box Boys song Will You Remember Me? Should have added that in in this one.

Never heard them. I'll do the same.

Justin Townes Earle is Steve Earle's son. Named after Van Zandt... He's as much hipster folk as he is country. Kinda John Prine-ish too.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 12:52 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: So every now and then I get these wild and crazy ideas to make cds.  Just like when we were kids and would make these mixed tapes.  Well, I never really got rid of that bug as I grew up.  So yesterday's cd I've called 'Pickin' On A Sunday Afternoon'.  I'll try to stop back and put in the You Tube video's of the songs, but I just don't have the time for that now.  But all these songs are out on YouTube if you wanna go out and check them out.  A couple of these songs came from a couple members here.  So for that, I thank you!

6. Iron Horse- Mean Mary

Mighty fine selection.  I caught Colter Wall, Blackberry Smoke, Dawes, and a cat named Parker Millsap back home at our music festival this summer.  Good show.

http://www.mastermusiciansfestival.org/

....been some pretty impressive acts over the years.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 08:51 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Mighty fine selection.  I caught Colter Wall, Blackberry Smoke, Dawes, and a cat named Parker Millsap back home at our music festival this summer.  Good show.

http://www.mastermusiciansfestival.org/

....been some pretty impressive acts over the years.

Would that be Ronnie Milsap's boy? He's my wife's favorite old school singer. Sounds like a pretty decent show.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 09:44 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Would that be Ronnie Milsap's boy?  He's my wife's favorite old school singer.  Sounds like a pretty decent show.

No, but I dig some Ronnie too.  I've seen Steve Earle, Dwight Yoakum, Billy Joe Shaver, Willie Nelson, Old Crow Medicine Show, JD Crowe, Kenny Wayne Sheppard, Robert Randolph and the Family Band, and others at that festival over the years.  Not bad for a small town festival.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 10:06 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: No, but I'll put it down. There might be another cd in the works. :)

Pine Box Boys get two thumbs up.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
used to make CD's

probly haven't stuck a CD into a CD player in over 6 years now... Digital music is the way to go
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 11:27 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: used to make CD's

probly haven't stuck a CD into a CD player in over 6 years now...  Digital music is the way to go

The sound clarity of a CD is better than that of digital downloads.  Better bitrate. :andy:

Reply/Quote
Colter Wall and Tyler Childers brought it last night in Columbus. Colter talked with the wife and I after he played and took a picture with us too. Humble guy. If he comes through Iowa go see him man.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote