Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New DC frontrunner?
(02-21-2019, 04:08 PM)Wyche Wrote: 24th is still better than 32nd. Sad

I'm not pumped about it either, but these are NFL level coaches, so I'll play the wait and see game.  I'm actually pretty pleased with the offensive side, sans Turner.  I'll just say I'm glad there is finally a DC and leave that at that.

Hey, I parroted a salary earlier this year and got burnt too....lol.  It happens.  Captain Lou is officially our DC now, hope he gets some good position coaches under him.

Hey, I'll give him a shot just like anybody. Just can't say I'm in love with it. At least it's not the status quo, eh?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 04:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hey, I'll give him a shot just like anybody. Just can't say I'm in love with it. At least it's not the status quo, eh?

About all you can say.....lol.  I wasn't thrilled with Austin, but he had a track record as a DC.  This guy is a whole ball of unknown.  No, I'm not exactly thrilled, but I'll give him a shot.  The thing is, we're getting late in the game, they had to get a guy and fill out the rest of the staff.  Now we're on to that phase, at least.  HC is comfortable with him, so there shouldn't be a huge learning curve there....just getting acquainted.  Just get right to work.  

"Every silver lining's got a touch of grey". Wink

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 04:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Really what will make or break him is IF we add 2 new starting LB's. IF we do that, our defense should be a lot easier to coach.

Very true.  It's a very meh hire, no doubt.  If he gets improvement at the LB position, he's have to be an absolute turd of a coach to do much worse than last season....lol.

Reply/Quote
Fixing the LBs will obviously be key or we can expect another 32nd ranked defense. That should be the focus regardless of who's coaching

Let's give all of our coaches a chance. It's almost a whole new staff. Some might pan out and some might fail. That doesn't mean the Zac Taylor experiment as a whole will be a total bust. I think this guy might be a good fit but of course, we'll have to wait and see the results when they start playing.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 04:15 PM)Wyche Wrote: About all you can say.....lol.  I wasn't thrilled with Austin, but he had a track record as a DC.  This guy is a whole ball of unknown.  No, I'm not exactly thrilled, but I'll give him a shot.  The thing is, we're getting late in the game, they had to get a guy and fill out the rest of the staff.  Now we're on to that phase, at least.  HC is comfortable with him, so there shouldn't be a huge learning curve there....just getting acquainted.  Just get right to work.  

"Every silver lining's got a touch of grey". Wink

But there's "no play for Mr. Grey" - The great Walt Frazier

The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 04:17 PM)Wyche Wrote: Very true.  It's a very meh hire, no doubt.  If he gets improvement at the LB position, he's have to be an absolute turd of a coach to do much worse than last season....lol.

The only way I think we could stay bad on defense is if they decide to keep Burfict and rely on him to improve and he plays like last year or is hurt/suspended most of the year.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 05:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The only way I think we could stay bad on defense is if they decide to keep Burfict and rely on him to improve and he plays like last year or is hurt/suspended most of the year.

At this point, I'd rather clean the LB house, and maybe rely on Preston Brown to anchor the middle, and load up at the position draft/FA.  

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 04:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: But there's "no play for Mr. Grey" - The great Walt Frazier

Is there a worse look anywhere than a wrinkled ol' mug framed by a mess of black hair?  Does anybody really think Mick Jagger has never gone gray?

If one is prematurely gray, that's a different story.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 05:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The only way I think we could stay bad on defense is if they decide to keep Burfict and rely on him to improve and he plays like last year or is hurt/suspended most of the year.

Even without considering the danger of the sheer number of concussions, Burfict would have to make a massive turn around of seemingly impossible proportions to even consider keeping him around.

If they really want to keep paying him, put him on the coaching staff and let him teach how not to play LB in today's NFL.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 07:59 PM)McC Wrote: Even without considering the danger of the sheer number of concussions, Burfict would have to make a massive turn around of seemingly impossible proportions to even consider keeping him around.

If they really want to keep paying him, put him on the coaching staff and let him teach how not to play LB in today's NFL.

I saw a stat that over 5 years he missed 37 of the past 80 games.
Reply/Quote