Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Defensive Coordinator Ideas
(01-07-2018, 12:50 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/1/5/16855992/oakland-raiders-paul-guenther-baltimore-ravens-james-urban

Gotcha!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 12:55 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Has anyone heard if Vic Fangio has had any interviews?   Or is he under contract in Chicago?

He was denied to interview with us but would be allowed to interview with us on Wednesday because he would no longer be under contract.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Have not read entire thread but what about Dom Capers
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 01:46 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He was denied to interview with us but would be allowed to interview with us on Wednesday because he would no longer be under contract.

Hope we Hire him. Game changer DC.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 10:38 PM)bonesaw Wrote: I think we were counting on Vance Joseph getting fired and coming back here to DC.  Then Elway took a look at the pool or replacement head coaches and foiled are plans by retaining him.

Planning on someone getting fired isn't much of a plan. Plus, nobody knew Fat Paulie was going anywhere for certain, so this makes no sense.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 01:46 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He was denied to interview with us but would be allowed to interview with us on Wednesday because he would no longer be under contract.

Or, that could mean that Chicago wants to try to get a deal done with him.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 07:16 AM)Utts Wrote: Planning on someone getting fired isn't much of a plan. Plus, nobody knew Fat Paulie was going anywhere for certain, so this makes no sense.

When Marv started mulling about staying Paulie G started being linked to go coach with Jon Gruden.  Translation.. I've been waiting to get this head job now it's not gonna happen, I'm not thrilled I'm gonna go coach with Jon Gruden.

It was widely speculated that Vance was getting canned.  He was rumored to be offered HC in waiting type stuff here before he left.  Not sure if that was true but it was known we were really high on him.  Just guessing but I'm almost positive if he got canned in Denver we would've made him DC with a nod to the HC job when Marv goes to pasture in 2 years.
Reply/Quote
Del Rio has been mentioned quite a few times in the thread.  I don't see it happening.  He brought a crummy Raiders franchise back from the dead and stumbled due to QB injury and replacement of the OC.  There is no way he is going to take a DC job.  He is going to wait for a HC shot.

John Fox was also mentioned some where.  The man took two teams to the SB as a HC.  Again, he is not going to regress to a DC job.

Something I find intriguing is that the team has not made any mention of Kevin Coyle as an internal candidate.  He didn't do well in Miami as DC, but he took the same system we had been running there, and I don't know that he had the personnel to run it.  If Marvin wanted to stay the course for the system, I would think that might be the way to go.  As there has been no mention of him being a candidate, I think they are looking to change it up.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 02:11 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Del Rio has been mentioned quite a few times in the thread.  I don't see it happening.  He brought a crummy Raiders franchise back from the dead and stumbled due to QB injury and replacement of the OC.  There is no way he is going to take a DC job.  He is going to wait for a HC shot.

John Fox was also mentioned some where.  The man took two teams to the SB as a HC.  Again, he is not going to regress to a DC job.

Something I find intriguing is that the team has not made any mention of Kevin Coyle as an internal candidate.  He didn't do well in Miami as DC, but he took the same system we had been running there, and I don't know that he had the personnel to run it.  If Marvin wanted to stay the course for the system, I would think that might be the way to go.  As there has been no mention of him being a candidate, I think they are looking to change it up.

Jack Del Rio will wait by the phone a few days but he won’t get a call to interview for head coach anywhere. Marvin Lewis should be texting Jack once an hour because Jack will take a defensive coordinator job over not working at all.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 09:27 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Jack Del Rio will wait by the phone a few days but he won’t get a call to interview for head coach anywhere.  Marvin Lewis should be texting Jack once an hour because Jack will take a defensive coordinator job over not working at all.

How is it that you came by this knowledge of the inner workings of Mr. Del Rio's situation?

I don't mean to sound snarky, but why aren't we all privy to this information?
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 10:40 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Or, that could mean that Chicago wants to try to get a deal done with him.

I think that Fangio could be just what this defense needs at this point in time.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 09:35 PM)Dark-Net-Axon Wrote: How is it that you came by this knowledge of the inner workings of Mr. Del Rio's situation?

I don't mean to sound snarky, but why aren't we all privy to this information?

This isn’t snarky. I came to the “knowledge of the inner workings of Mr. Del Rio’s situation” by logic and reason. Head coach interviews are being scheduled as we speak and so far Jack Del Rio has not been contacted by anyone. The “hot names” for head coaching jobs are Josh McDaniel and Matt Patricia from New England. Jon Gruden already has the job in Oakland, and places like Indianapolis, Chicago, Arizona, and Detroit are scheduling head coach interviews too and now that four teams have been eliminated from the playoffs more coordinators will be available for interview.

Jack Del Rio will be either a defensive coordinator or he’ll go to the broadcast booth or end up on one of those sports analysis shows. If Marvin Lewis wants a shutdown, physical defense, he’ll call Jack immediately.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 10:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This isn’t snarky.  I came to the “knowledge of the inner workings of Mr. Del Rio’s situation” by logic and reason.  Head coach interviews are being scheduled as we speak and so far Jack Del Rio has not been contacted by anyone.  The “hot names” for head coaching jobs are Josh McDaniel and Matt Patricia from New England.  Jon Gruden already has the job in Oakland, and places like Indianapolis, Chicago, Arizona, and Detroit are scheduling head coach interviews too and now that four teams have been eliminated from the playoffs more coordinators will be available for interview.  

Jack Del Rio will be either a defensive coordinator or he’ll go to the broadcast booth or end up on one of those sports analysis shows.  If Marvin Lewis wants a shutdown, physical defense, he’ll call Jack immediately.

Unless he or his agent have told you this, it is speculation.  We only know of contact with a candidate if it is reported.  No report does not equal no contact.  For example, the Raiders had basically agreed to terms with Gruden before anyone ever reported they had any interest in him.  The Buccaneers were the only team known to have reached out to him at that point.  Hell, the Raiders completed their compliance with the Rooney Rule without anyone knowing, meaning they had interviewed minority candidates.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 10:41 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If he has defensive coordinator experience....

...and Green Bay fired Dom Capers.

Hi guys  new to the scene but not as a fan.whooodey
Reply/Quote
I got family in the chi that want Vic Fangioas head coach I wish we could got him a def coordinator
Reply/Quote
The bears may have screened themselves by blocking us. The packers are interested in fangio as their dc. May face him 2 a year vs 1 every 4. Serves them right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote