Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Dey Bengals
I am usually an optimistic person in all aspects of life. Even during this time of being a Bengals fine, I have always tried to look at the positives of this team. Upon being an optimist, I am also a realist. And the realist in me is trying to figure out what is the identity of the New Dey Bengals? Zac Taylor was supposed to be this offensive minded coach and was supposed to show the organization how to do things in a new way per Mike Brown in the introductory press conference.
Zac Taylor MAY be trying to change the culture in the locker room and in the building, but it's not translating to the field. Even on the field, I cannot put my finger on the identity of this team. As we a passing team, a running team, a balanced team, a complete team that wins all three phases.....WHAT? The flashes of offense aren't enough to convince me. This draft class isn't enough to convince me. An emerging Jessie Bates isn't enough to push us over the top.
Come to think of it, did Zac Taylor EVER talk about the identity of his New Dey Bengals? Yesterday showed that we aren't ready to compete with the big boys and are we even close? We have dudes with competitive attitudes (Burrow, Higgins, Bates) but as a team we don't have an edge. So I ask again, who are the New Dey Bengals???
Thoughts???
Reply/Quote
We are a “pass happy, play soft defense, with a not know how to finish mentality”.
Reply/Quote