Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New England Offensive Line: Mind Blown!
(01-23-2018, 04:10 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: They are also amazing at not getting flagged. Quite a few holding(s) in the Jags game. That being said, as I was coached always preached. You can find holding in every play, it is just calling it that changes it. They didn't call it.

Ref is all smiles and why not? His team is headed to SB again.
[Image: hey_friends.jpg]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 03:48 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: New England holds their players accountable. If one of their players on the offensive line sucks hes either going to get bitched at by Brady or benched by Bellichick. If one of our guys sucks then he will continue to play like nothing ever happened.

Interesting.

Where did you hear this?
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 11:25 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Yes, they spy.  Yes, they deflate balls.  These two things are incontrovertibly true.  Still, I must give credit where credit is due — and it’s time to give mad props to Dante Scarnecchia, the Patriots’ masterful offensive line coach.  What I saw in the AFC Championship blew my mind and here’s why:  Tom Brady often has up to ten seconds to throw a pass but I finally figured out WHY:  Dante teaches a blocking method where each lineman stays locked up with a defensive player UNTIL TOM BRADY RELEASES THE PASS.  I’ve been watching offensive lines for decades and I’ve never seen this before.  The Patriot linemen do not stop blocking until that ball is GONE.  This is why Tom Brady is so confident:  His pocket rarely collapses.

I saw this happen on one pass play, then two, then ten.  I truly hope Frank Pollack teaches this technique to Cincinnati because it’s actually easier than the “backpedal and wave your arms” method Paul Alexander taught.  The other part of Dante’s technique involves moving forward INTO the defenders.  This makes for a bigger pocket and uses the offensive linemens’ energy in the right direction.

I don't know about the deflate gate stuff but i do agree that Scarnecchia is probably the best O-line coach in the NFL.

What is nice is Pollack has been right up there with him lately.

Also agree with others that the Pats should of been called for holding atleast 5 times in that game.

Brady just doesn't panic. He stays comfortable and even if he is going to get hit he always steps into his throws.

I hope we can coach the panicking out of Dalton, probably my biggest problem with our QB.
Reply/Quote
Is this really a thread saying the Patriots line is so good because they block until the ball is gone? What an amazing concept. I bet no other team in the league teaches this.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 04:31 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Ref is all smiles and why not? His team is headed to SB again.
[Image: hey_friends.jpg]

If I'm not mistaken this was the TD where James White was unnecessarily tackled like 7 yards deep in the end zone. I'm pretty sure the refs were breaking up the ensuing scuffle and this is the aftermath but good one. It's actually funny because there could'v been a personal foul on the Jags on this play not to mention the 20 or so missed holding calls against the Jags on defense. Some of yall need to stop hating and just appreciate greatness while you'r a witness. 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 10:25 AM)Wyche Wrote: There's truth in both points of view.....and they do get away with holding.  Brady does move in the pocket well, but he doesn't have a center getting shoved in his lap every play either.  I noticed the same thing in the AFCCG last season, and even commented on it.  Look back at the pass to Hogan in the back of the end zone against the Stoolers.  I counted 10 seconds as well, and he barely moved in the pocket.  FiK is right, their line play is very good.  Brady is arguably the greatest of all time, but like another great, Joe Montana, he has enjoyed some good protection.....which gives you confidence, and time to move around in the pocket.  Of course, he gets the ball out quickly at times too.  It's a combination of a lot of things in New England.....mainly stellar coaching.  No one in the league has Darth Hoodie.....especially not the Bengals with Mediocre Merv. 

To those that say Scarnecchia is getting too much credit.....he retired for one year, the Pats had their worst year blocking, they called him back, and are going to their second straight SB since his return.  I'm not saying he's the reason they win SBs, but if you're selling him short, you don't understand the importance of competent line play.
Apparently neither Mikey nor Merv understand it either.  Alexander didn't.
Reply/Quote
Tom Brady holds the ball up where he can easily throw it and moves around.

Dalton often brings the ball down and goes into oh shit mode.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 07:40 PM)whodey4life84 Wrote: Is this really a thread saying the Patriots line is so good because they block until the ball is gone? What an amazing concept. I bet no other team in the league teaches this.

*Ahem*.....he was making fun of Paul Alexander's line...... Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 07:50 PM)Derrick Wrote: Apparently neither Mikey nor Merv understand it either.  Alexander didn't.

I agree....we KNOW Mikey doesn't, he "doesn't value those positions."

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 10:53 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Also worth noting the OL's rounds in which they were drafted...
LT = Nate Solder - 1st (2011)
LG = Joe Thuney - 3rd (2016)
C = David Andrews UDFA (2015)
RG = Shaq Mason - 4th (2015)
RT = Cam Fleming - 4th (2014)

Pretty impressive given the youth of the players and the fact only one was drafted within the first two rounds of a draft.
You don't need all Day 1 and Day 2 picks if you have good coaching.

Joe Thuney is a local kid.  Played on my daughter's first soccer team when they were 5...haha.

He was rated as a 5th or 6th rounder.  I was telling the Bengals about him and his versatility.  Played all spots at NC State, etc.  He is also a very smart kid.  His father is a Internal Medicine Physician here.  I was surprised when the Pats went all the way up to the 3rd to get him, but they obviously knew what they were doing.  
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 10:23 AM)Wyche Wrote: *Ahem*.....he was making fun of Paul Alexander's line...... Mellow

Uh, no he wasn't.

(01-22-2018, 11:25 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’ve been watching offensive lines for decades and I’ve never seen this before. 

Kind of hard to watch a Bengals game without seeing the opposing offensive line.  Or the Jags O-line in this playoff game he was watching.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 10:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Uh, no he wasn't.

Kind of hard to watch a Bengals game without seeing the opposing offensive line.  Or the Jags O-line in this playoff game he was watching.

Seemed pretty sarcastic to me.....but you'd have to ask the OP on that one.

Reply/Quote
Shouldn't this be under "Caption This Picture"?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 12:15 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: In order for a lineman to block until the ball is gone a lineman must first be able to block.

^^^ DING! DING! DING! We have a winner!

May good fortune fine its way to you my friend.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 11:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think it may have more to do with Tom Brady doesn't leave the pocket even if it is collapsing around him; he simply relocates in it. Tom was sacked 35 times this past season. Pocket collapsed plenty.  

No one moves in the pocket like pretty boy Brady.
Reply/Quote
Was listening to jaguars radio podcast and they had two DL who were injured in pregame. Campbell and Ingokwe (sp).

This had a lot more to do with their inability to get pressure.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 03:48 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: New England holds their players accountable. If one of their players on the offensive line sucks hes either going to get bitched at by Brady or benched by Bellichick. If one of our guys sucks then he will continue to play like nothing ever happened.

This just about sums it up for me.
Reply/Quote
Although it is satire it kind of makes you wonder .
https://youtu.be/fVtYT2itKuE
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 10:03 AM)grampahol Wrote: Although it is satire it kind of makes you wonder .
https://youtu.be/fVtYT2itKuE

Makes me wonder why you're posting it again when there's a whole thread dedicated to it?  Yes sir, it does.  Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
rfaulk34 Wrote:Makes me wonder why you're posting it again when there's a whole thread dedicated to it? Yes sir, it does. Cool

[Image: 7d4e7cc27866f86cea1253a457685cd8--karl-nerd-stuff.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote