Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New England's loss is Cincinnati's gain
https://www.bostonherald.com/2022/12/22/guregian-patriots-should-regret-letting-this-bengals-starter-walk/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_content=tw-bosheraldsports&utm_campaign=socialflow

Quote:FOXBORO — Every football team and every locker room needs a player like Ted Karras.

He’s a great leader, has the infectious personality that boosts team morale, does yeoman work in the trenches, and is a star in the community.

The Patriots had him for two successful tours of duty. His versatility as an offensive lineman was a godsend last year. Once he was inserted as the starter at left guard, the line’s fortunes changed.

The Patriots, however, decided Karras was expendable. They played games with him in free agency, lowering their initial offer, so Karras headed to Cincinnati.

And how did that turn out?

Bengals win. Patriots lose. Thus far, it’s been a rout.

Karras?

Speaking with him Tuesday night, he’s not complaining or tossing stones at the Patriots for how it turned out.

He signed a three-year, $18 million contract, is playing for a Super Bowl contender, snaps the football to Joe Burrow every day and is already a beloved teammate and captain.

One Bengals employee even refers to him as “the mayor of Cincinnati.”

Compared to all the dysfunction with the Patriots offense, Karras has it made. He’s not questioning the coaches, getting chewed out by his quarterback, or taking part in a conservative, unimaginative system

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Interior OL sometimes get overlooked by players picked up at higher profile positions, but Ted Karras has turned into a real leader for the Bengals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Ted Kickass has been a great addition to our line. Godsend so-to-speak.

Reply/Quote
Who woulda thunk it? A player lucked out big time leaving NE for Cincinnati lol wasn’t sure I’d live to see the day
Reply/Quote
i take it the 'chewed out by his quarterback' is an homage to Brady?
Reply/Quote
Karras is one of several grand slams the Bengals have hit in free agency over the last couple years. So glad we got him. The hoodie has made some great moves in his time. But if you look closely he's made a good deal of dumb moves as well.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 02:16 PM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: i take it the 'chewed out by his quarterback' is an homage to Brady?

Mac Jones who has been pissy towards his teammates

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 02:26 PM)pally Wrote: Mac Jones who has been pissy towards his teammates

So, chewed out by 2 QBs then..... Whatever
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 02:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Karras is one of several grand slams the Bengals have hit in free agency over the last couple years. So glad we got him. The hoodie has made some great moves in his time. But if you look closely he's made a good deal of dumb moves as well.

Yep, Alex Cappa is quietly having a really good season as well.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 02:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, Alex Cappa is quietly having a really good season as well.  

And honestly if Collins had not been hurt - which was always a risk - it would have been an amazing haul.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 02:16 PM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: i take it the 'chewed out by his quarterback' is an homage to Brady?

We can all thank Tom Brady for Karras being in Stripes. We had our sights set on Ryan Jensen and both sides were agreeable, but just before FA opened Brady unretires and talks Jensen into staying put. So we went with Plan B.

Karras has been a rock for the team and Jensen's season ended before it began. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Just another homerun signing.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 02:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We can all thank Tom Brady for Karras being in Stripes. We had our sights set on Ryan Jensen and both sides were agreeable, but just before FA opened Brady unretires and talks Jensen into staying put. So we went with Plan B.

Cappa too: he was supposed to stay if Brady stayed and he already signed with us before Brady came back...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 02:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We can all thank Tom Brady for Karras being in Stripes. We had our sights set on Ryan Jensen and both sides were agreeable, but just before FA opened Brady unretires and talks Jensen into staying put. So we went with Plan B.

And Tom retired so Cappa decided to agree to a deal with us....

Then Tom unretired...

All is good in the world lol
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 04:21 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Cappa too: he was supposed to stay if Brady stayed and he already signed with us before Brady came back...

Beat me to it by a second Truck.  Smirk
Reply/Quote

(12-22-2022, 04:21 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Cappa too: he was supposed to stay if Brady stayed and he already signed with us before Brady came back...

Thanks Tom

Now retire your old ass
Reply/Quote
Karras is going to be remembered in this city long after he retires (which hopefully is years and years down the road) and for all the right reasons.
Reply/Quote
Karras was the exact type of Center the Bengals needed

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 01:49 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Who woulda thunk it? A player lucked out big time leaving NE for Cincinnati lol wasn’t sure I’d live to see the day
Very true!
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 05:39 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Karras was the exact type of Center the Bengals needed

How long have we been wanting a good Center? Probably ever since the bone bruise....
Reply/Quote