Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New England's loss is Cincinnati's gain
(12-22-2022, 03:27 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Just another homerun signing.

Yep. Or at least a double or a triple. 

Reader. Hendrickson. Bell. Awuzie. Cappa. Karras. Perine. HR's on Reader & Hendrickson for sure. Probably the others as well. But at least a double or triple. 

Heck, even Apple has been excellent value. He's a double. Irwin & Taylor were on the street. As were Johnston, Bachie, & Davis. Singles. 

The only real whiff was Waynes, and that was caused by injury. 
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 06:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: How long have we been wanting a good Center? Probably ever since the bone bruise....

Too damn long
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 01:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Interior OL sometimes get overlooked by players picked up at higher profile positions, but Ted Karras has turned into a real leader for the Bengals.

And what Zac and the organization through his leadership did to set the culture with many like him.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
The Bengals have done a good job identifying those solid players that are on the bubble of they're team whether they can afford to retain them or not. Get a quality players for more reasonable price that isn't breaking the bank with a huge market.
Reply/Quote
Great player.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 12:42 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: And what Zac and the organization through his leadership did to set the culture with many like him.

Absolutely, after decades of mediocrity, it's a great time to be a Bengals fan!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Article on the home page talks about Karras has never felt as loved in any other city than Cincy, and he's never leaving.
Reply/Quote
Tyler Boyd "This is the most well
connected, playing
together team I have
ever been a part of,"
Boyd said. "It's a
mentality. None of
these guys want to
lose. We rally up each
other. It's so
connected, we help guys make plays for each other and just keep rolling.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 12:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Article on the home page talks about Karras has never felt as loved in any other city than Cincy, and he's never leaving.

I've been going to games since 1968.

Honestly this is the best group of fans I've seen.    I don't go to nearly as many games as I used to, but I saw some things that made me ashamed.   I've been really happy over the last couple of years.  The culture change is trickling all the way to us.

Looking forward to the Buffalo game!
Reply/Quote