Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New England should have signed Dalton
It is obvious Cam is a bust in NE. Dalton was a much better fit with N.E.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 02:03 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: It is obvious Cam is a bust in NE. Dalton was a much better fit with N.E.

Let me issue the standard disclaimer before making any statement about Andy Dalton: I don’t want him back and I’m happy we moved on.

Now, with that being said, you’re absolutely right. Here in Cincinnati Andy Dalton mastered playbooks under what? Three or four different offensive coordinators? Maybe five? He’s the most teachable quarterback I’ve ever seen.
Reply/Quote
Dalton would have done better than Cam, but I doubt he’d have much success overall up there. They have no weapons. It was even a problem for the GOAT last year. They need to go into full rebuild mode.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 10:53 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Let me issue the standard disclaimer before making any statement about Andy Dalton:  I don’t want him back and I’m happy we moved on.

Now, with that being said, you’re absolutely right.  Here in Cincinnati Andy Dalton mastered playbooks under what? Three or four different offensive coordinators?  Maybe five?  He’s the most teachable quarterback I’ve ever seen.
Not sure how you got NE should have signed Dalton means Bengals should sign Dalton. Unless you miss read the thread. I know one person I dont want on this team and that is Cam, hopefully we find a veteran backup or Allen shows us last 2 games he is that guy.  No idea when Burrow will be back next year and if he will.stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
Allen looks like he is a better backup than Finley.

Meanwhile Andy pretty much put on an exhibition against the Eagles in a critical game (it means next Sunday Dallas is win with Wash loss and be in the playoffs). It was fun to watch.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:33 PM)Joelist Wrote: Allen looks like he is a better backup than Finley.

Meanwhile Andy pretty much put on an exhibition against the Eagles in a critical game (it means next Sunday Dallas is win with Wash loss and be in the playoffs). It was fun to watch.

Yeah, Dalton is better off where he is. He’s playing for his home team, and has elite weapons. And has a chance at the playoffs. Wouldn’t have any of that in NE.

Reply/Quote
Could you imagine Dalton in some of the garb Cam wears?

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:49 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Could you imagine Dalton in some of the garb Cam wears?

Probably wouldn’t go over well in Texas. Well, maybe Austin...

Reply/Quote
Yeah. He has a good back and decent receivers. His OL is worse than ours but he has a much better system to play in and better play calling. We probably are a bit better at WR and have more depth at RB but our scheme is loony.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 10:14 PM)Joelist Wrote: Yeah. He has a good back and decent receivers. His OL is worse than ours but he has a much better system to play in and better play calling. We probably are a bit better at WR and have more depth at RB but our scheme is loony.

I’d say their WR’s are better because they have 3 (Cooper, Lamb, Gallup) to our 2 (Boyd, Tee).

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 10:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d say their WR’s are better because they have 3 (Cooper, Lamb, Gallup) to our 2 (Boyd, Tee).

Good point - I'll buy that. 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 10:14 PM)Joelist Wrote: Yeah. He has a good back and decent receivers. His OL is worse than ours but he has a much better system to play in and better play calling. We probably are a bit better at WR and have more depth at RB but our scheme is loony.

And Dalton throws well with low turnovers, might lead Dallas to playoffs
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 11:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dalton would have done better than Cam, but I doubt he’d have much success overall up there. They have no weapons. It was even a problem for the GOAT last year. They need to go into full rebuild mode.

Cam just not good at throwing,  Andy.just better at throwing the ball
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 10:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d say their WR’s are better because they have 3 (Cooper, Lamb, Gallup) to our 2 (Boyd, Tee).

Andy seem to raise their game of late.. good for him
Reply/Quote
I agree, but Bill knew that the patriots are weak at the pass catching spot, so he figured to go with a QB who can run. Newton has been awful this year, but he does have a lot of rushing touchdowns
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 12:58 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: I agree, but Bill knew that the patriots are weak at the pass catching spot, so he figured to go with a QB who can run. Newton has been awful this year, but he does have a lot of rushing touchdowns

maybe but newtons good running days were already a long way in the rear view before NE signed him
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 02:45 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: maybe but newtons good running days were already a long way in the rear view before NE signed him

He’s still going to give you at least 500 yds rushing. The only QB’s with more right now are Lamar and Murray.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 10:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Probably wouldn’t go over well in Texas. Well, maybe Austin...

Can't dress stupid in the land of the 10 gallon hat and ass-less chaps!

Anywho, I think NE just wanted a one-year rental at QB or else they were going to roll with Hoyer and Stidham. They'll probably be in a spot to draft Zach Wilson and build around him. That makes more sense than giving Dalton a few years as a starter.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 12:26 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Can't dress stupid in the land of the 10 gallon hat and ass-less chaps!

Anywho, I think NE just wanted a one-year rental at QB or else they were going to roll with Hoyer and Stidham.  They'll probably be in a spot to draft Zach Wilson and build around him.  That makes more sense than giving Dalton a few years as a starter.

I think been better signing Dalton to 2 3 yr contract still gives u ability to draft for future but also playing to win..
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 12:34 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I think been better signing Dalton to 2 3 yr contract still gives u ability to draft for future but also playing to win..

The Pats got Newton as a starter for almost half of what Dalton got to be a backup.  They were playing it chintzy, and I think Newton did about as well as could be expected.  We had our scenarios for the Pats to trade for Dalton and then sign Dalton and be instant contenders, but I admit we're biased.

Side note, I'm pulling for the Cowboys to make the playoffs by default so we can see if Dalton has a Dalton one-n-done meltdown.  Then again, he's on a team with a losing record in the playoffs but those teams are also 2-0 in their first game of the playoffs.
Reply/Quote