Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Enquirer Bengals Reporter
With Tyler Dragon moving on to USA Today, the Enquirer has replaced him with former Falcons and Ravens reporter, UC graduate Kelsey Conway (@KelseyLConway)

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I wish her luck. I honestly don't see the Enquirer surviving that much longer.

As someone who's been a daily reader for 3 decades it's pretty depressing to see it in it's current form. They seem to lose writers every month and the content they put out is a fraction of what it was even 10 years ago (and 10 years ago was a fraction of what it was 10 years prior to that).

It's a shame. I used to love reading the newspaper, especially Sunday mornings. I can't say I blame them, it seems to be happening to every local paper. But man does it suck thinking about it in it's heyday and then looking at it now.
Reply/Quote
Hey, a Babe in Conway over the Dragon. Wink

I like it. Cool

We will see how Kelsey does.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2021, 01:27 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I wish her luck.  I honestly don't see the Enquirer surviving that much longer.

As someone who's been a daily reader for 3 decades it's pretty depressing to see it in it's current form.  They seem to lose writers every month and the content they put out is a fraction of what it was even 10 years ago (and 10 years ago was a fraction of what it was 10 years prior to that).

It's a shame.  I used to love reading the newspaper, especially Sunday mornings.  I can't say I blame them, it seems to be happening to every local paper.  But man does it suck thinking about it in it's heyday and then looking at it now.

When I was in High School I delivered the Cincinnati Post. That was an afternoon paper that got delivered Mon-Sat. Over 300 customers in the Glendale-Wyoming region. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wasn’t a huge fan of Tyler Dragon. Didn’t ever seem very engaged with the team. Especially following Jim Owzarski who even got on these boards and engaged with the fans. Also liked Kat Terrell over Ben Baby, but Ben does seem to be more engaged than Dragon. Wishing Kelsey luck!
Reply/Quote
Too cute to be a reporter, very distracting. Ninja

That said, congrats on yer new job.
Reply/Quote
Wishing Kelsey the best of luck. I’ve always imagined being a sports reporter would be a really interesting job. I’m sure these folks work their absolute tails off, but for the right kind of person it has to be a dream job.
Reply/Quote
Best of luck to her, it's a tough industry to be in. She's probably hoping in a few years she's off to a national outlet.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2021, 09:54 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Wasn’t a huge fan of Tyler Dragon. Didn’t ever seem very engaged with the team. Especially following Jim Owzarski who even got on these boards and engaged with the fans. Also liked Kat Terrell over Ben Baby, but Ben does seem to be more engaged than Dragon. Wishing Kelsey luck!

Yeah, miss Jim O. Good buddy. Sad
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2021, 09:54 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Wasn’t a huge fan of Tyler Dragon. Didn’t ever seem very engaged with the team. Especially following Jim Owzarski who even got on these boards and engaged with the fans. Also liked Kat Terrell over Ben Baby, but Ben does seem to be more engaged than Dragon. Wishing Kelsey luck!

Ben at least responds to questions on twitter and he tweets regularly from practice and press conferences even if you do have to deal with updates from the cricket matches as well

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2021, 06:27 PM)pally Wrote: Ben at least responds to questions on twitter and he tweets regularly from practice and press conferences even if you do have to deal with updates from the cricket matches as well

I enjoy Ben's cricket updates. Bit too much boxing and MMA for my tastes though.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 02:53 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: I enjoy Ben's cricket updates. Bit too much boxing and MMA for my tastes though.

He is also one of ESPN's boxing reporters so that tweeting is part of his job

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2021, 03:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, miss Jim O. Good buddy. Sad

He should reach out to this new girl and tell her to get on this board.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 04:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He should reach out to this new girl and tell her to get on this board.

Yes, we promise we will be complete gentleman. Cool
Reply/Quote

You're in the VAST minority there lol; she was the clearest definition of, "using this job as a means to get something better." Didn't like the city, didn't like the fans, super-negative and full of pessimism/disdain. Ben actually relocated his whole life, to NKY and he appears to be here for a long time, plus, he is indeed much-more engaged, cooler and great give and take with fans.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 04:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He should reach out to this new girl and tell her to get on this board.

Yes I'm sure she would be eager to jump on board here if she reads this thread with already a few comments based on how the "new girl" looks instead of her new job.  I'm sure it would really appeal to her, not.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 09:32 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Yes I'm sure she would be eager to jump on board here if she reads this thread with already a few comments based on how the "new girl" looks instead of her new job.  I'm sure it would really appeal to her, not.

Well it would be another source of information if people just used a little manners on the internet as they likely do in person. 
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 10:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well it would be another source of information if people just used a little manners on the internet as they likely do in person. 

That I agree with.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 10:59 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: That I agree with.  

Maybe they ought to add a feature that every time you hit the reply button to type something, Joe Dirt's mom's voice plays saying "Is this where you want to be when Jesus comes back?"
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 09:32 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Yes I'm sure she would be eager to jump on board here if she reads this thread with already a few comments based on how the "new girl" looks instead of her new job.  I'm sure it would really appeal to her, not.

I'm fine with my post being taken down. It was a questionable joke but probably best kept to myself. That said...there are "probably" a couple other sexist comments that should be taken down as well, if we're going that way. /insert kermit meme here

On topic, most of the stuff i read anywhere online, i don't really pay attention to whatever else they post or how invested they seem. After a few perusals it becomes pretty clear where they lean. Hopefully she will bring quality content and have something good to write about (due to the team playing well). Fans love to read about their team when things are going good. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote