Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New FA period begins after week #1
After week 1, teams do not have to guarantee contracts to veteran player, so in essence a new FA period begins. Who will be signed as a result?

Newton?
Geno?

What OL possibly coming off injury?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 11:02 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: After week 1, teams do not have to guarantee contracts to veteran player, so in essence a new FA period begins. Who will be signed as a result?

Newton?
Geno?

I thought they might sneak Geno back on the roster, but after watching the D-line on Sunday, I just don't see a spot for him anymore. 
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 11:02 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: After week 1, teams do not have to guarantee contracts to veteran player, so in essence a new FA period begins. Who will be signed as a result?

Newton?
Geno?

signed by us?  probly no one...

WFT lost Fitzpatrick though so im sure they are looking at QBs
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 10:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I thought they might sneak Geno back on the roster, but after watching the D-line on Sunday, I just don't see a spot for him anymore. 

At this point Ill take a healthy Mike Daniels off the PS over Geno. 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 10:44 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: signed by us?  probly no one...

I saw where the Redskins picked up Shurmur.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 03:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I saw where the Redskins picked up Shurmur.

apparently IR is only 3 weeks now?
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 05:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: apparently IR is only 3 weeks now?

For a certain number of players.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 11:53 AM)kalibengal Wrote: At this point Ill take a healthy Mike Daniels off the PS over Geno. 

I was honestly surprised they put Daniels on the PS. I thought he played well last year. But if our DL can continue playing like they did in the opener I'm starting to understand.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 10:44 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: signed by us?  probly no one...

I just thought some vets (not signed by us) would get more looks now that no guaranteed contract is REQUIRED, teams can do it but most probably would not.

I ma surprised it has been so quiet. I am surprised WFT went with Schumur over Cam, they must love Heinike.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 01:08 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I just thought some vets (not signed by us) would get more looks now that no guaranteed contract is REQUIRED, teams can do it but most probably would not.

I ma surprised it has been so quiet. I am surprised WFT went with Schumur over Cam, they must love Heinike.

Cam's a cancer.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 01:25 PM)Stewy Wrote: Cam's a cancer.

His "aura" is too big..... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 01:25 PM)Stewy Wrote: Cam's a cancer.

To a certain type of NFL fan, yes.  

But not to his coaches or teammates.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 10:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I thought they might sneak Geno back on the roster, but after watching the D-line on Sunday, I just don't see a spot for him anymore. 

Yeah, as much as I love Geno, was mad when we cut him, and hoped we bring him back, our defensive line was impressive imco.

Maybe if we saw what he has left and brought him in on an incentive-based contract and just put him in for passing situations, but not as a full-time starter.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 01:08 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I just thought some vets (not signed by us) would get more looks now that no guaranteed contract is REQUIRED, teams can do it but most probably would not.

most signings now will be reactionary to injuries i think.    or guys finally being able to pass physicals that were hurt and free agents
Reply/Quote
I hope Geno lands somewhere, we are good though at DT right now, really good with our guys.

Larry O and BJ Hill look great.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2021, 02:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I hope Geno lands somewhere, we are good though at DT right now, really good with our guys.

Larry O and BJ Hill look great.

wonder what the hold up is hes been cleared for a bit now... from what i read.  Maybe teams are not inclined to pay what hes worth yet.

A Saints or Dallas team could potentially use him

(just dont go to cleveland plz lol)
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2021, 03:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: wonder what the hold up is hes been cleared for a bit now... from what i read.  Maybe teams are not inclined to pay what hes worth yet.

A Saints or Dallas team could potentially use him

(just dont go to cleveland plz  lol)

Yeah, no Cleveland or even in the Division for that matter.

Hope one of the 2 you mention grabs Geno up as they looked really good in the first game and he might have a chance at a 
Playoff win at the very least. Must be something about the money he is seeking but that doesn't seem like Geno. Has he even
been worked out yet?
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2021, 06:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, no Cleveland or even in the Division for that matter.

Hope one of the 2 you mention grabs Geno up as they looked really good in the first game and he might have a chance at a 
Playoff win at the very least. Must be something about the money he is seeking but that doesn't seem like Geno. Has he even
been worked out yet?

he worked out for Seattle late August.

thats the only one i heard of.
Reply/Quote