Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Fan Base
Let's face it....New England is a turd storm with a great coach, some aging vets, and a noodle arm QB. They aren't cool or fun, and history be damned, people want a team that is fun to watch TODAY.

The steelers? The pig has been sent to slaughter, and their talent is aging and their roster is merely adequate.

The Browns? They have a really good roster, but issues at QB and way too much drama has made them a frustrating team to root for.

The Colts? A solid roster but how many kids see themselves running out and buying a Carson Wentz jersey?

The Lions? In the words of Adam Schein, "Rebuilding since 1957".

The Bears? Starting over, again, with new coach and GM.

The Titans? A very solid team with a great coach. QB might be their weakness against the elite teams (and secondary if the pass rush doesn't get home).

What do all these teams have in common? They are within about 300 miles of Cincinnati. There are fans of these teams spread out all over. Younger kids that play more fantasy football than cheer for a team. The Bengals have miraculously become one of the most fun teams to watch and root for with a group of fun, energetic characters.

If the Bengals win today, that fan base will continue to grow. I am not going to be "get off my lawn" guy and say "no bandwagon fans", as I am actually thrilled to have more and more fans of our team! When I was in Florida a couple weeks ago, I was amazed at the Bengals jerseys, t-shirts, etc. that I saw on people in town. Not at the airport, but walking around in Fort Lauderdale. Sure, that is a vacation town, but still....and people commented on my Bengal gear.

A win today, and this fan base grows even larger.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The LSU fanbase has really jumped on the bandwagon. I've been getting text/calls from alumni all season.

And they are more than welcome.
Reply/Quote
Burrow and Chase are both extremely marketable players. We haven’t really had anyone with that kind of star power since Chad.

Reply/Quote
Any fans are welcome.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 11:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Let's face it....New England is a turd storm with a great coach, some aging vets, and a noodle arm QB.  They aren't cool or fun, and history be damned, people want a team that is fun to watch TODAY.

The steelers?  The pig has been sent to slaughter, and their talent is aging and their roster is merely adequate.  

The Browns?  They have a really good roster, but issues at QB and way too much drama has made them a frustrating team to root for.

The Colts?  A solid roster but how many kids see themselves running out and buying a Carson Wentz jersey?

The Lions?  In the words of Adam Schein, "Rebuilding since 1957".

The Bears?  Starting over, again, with new coach and GM.

The Titans?  A very solid team with a great coach.  QB might be their weakness against the elite teams (and secondary if the pass rush doesn't get home).  

What do all these teams have in common?  They are within about 300 miles of Cincinnati.  There are fans of these teams spread out all over.  Younger kids that play more fantasy football than cheer for a team.  The Bengals have miraculously become one of the most fun teams to watch and root for with a group of fun, energetic characters.  

If the Bengals win today, that fan base will continue to grow.  I am not going to be "get off my lawn" guy and say "no bandwagon fans", as I am actually thrilled to have more and more fans of our team!  When I was in Florida a couple weeks ago, I was amazed at the Bengals jerseys, t-shirts, etc. that I saw on people in town.  Not at the airport, but walking around in Fort Lauderdale.  Sure, that is a vacation town, but still....and people commented on my Bengal gear.

Right on. Winning, Burrow, & Chase could spark a new era of Bengals fans which is sweet.
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals end up with bandwagon fans over the next couple of years I can go to my maker saying, “I’ve actually seen everything.”
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I know it’s good for the franchise & all, but I’ve lived and suffered through this 31 year drought and the thought of a bunch of bandwagon fans jumping on now makes me ill. I’m the little red hen.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 12:22 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I know it’s good for the franchise & all, but I’ve lived and suffered through this 31 year drought and the thought of a bunch of bandwagon fans jumping on now makes me ill. I’m the little red hen.

Embrace it. If we become the Golden State Warriors of the NFL, so be it.
Reply/Quote
They need to apply first. We dont want just any ex-squeeler or ex-raider fan unless they've gone through a recovery program first. Tongue
Reply/Quote
I think most of the bandwagon type fans are currently riding the Buccaneers right now after they jumped off the Patriots wagon. Maybe some will end up here after this season.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 12:55 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I think most of the bandwagon type fans are currently riding the Buccaneers right now after they jumped off the Patriots wagon. Maybe some will end up here after this season.

Chiefs probably have their fill as well.

Reply/Quote
I sure as hell don’t want Stoolers bandwagon fans repping the black and orange.
Reply/Quote
Hope to see plenty of Orange in Nissan Stadium today!
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 11:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burrow and Chase are both extremely marketable players. We haven’t really had anyone with that kind of star power since Chad.

True.

Plus all the LSU fans that converted to the Bengals once Chase & Burrow were drafted by Cincinnati.  Cool
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I don't really care one way or another, but GET OFF MY LAWN! I just like saying it..I never really had a lawn before..  Tongue
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 11:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Let's face it....New England is a turd storm with a great coach, some aging vets, and a noodle arm QB.  They aren't cool or fun, and history be damned, people want a team that is fun to watch TODAY.

The steelers?  The pig has been sent to slaughter, and their talent is aging and their roster is merely adequate.  

The Browns?  They have a really good roster, but issues at QB and way too much drama has made them a frustrating team to root for.

The Colts?  A solid roster but how many kids see themselves running out and buying a Carson Wentz jersey?

The Lions?  In the words of Adam Schein, "Rebuilding since 1957".

The Bears?  Starting over, again, with new coach and GM.

The Titans?  A very solid team with a great coach.  QB might be their weakness against the elite teams (and secondary if the pass rush doesn't get home).  

What do all these teams have in common?  They are within about 300 miles of Cincinnati.  There are fans of these teams spread out all over.  Younger kids that play more fantasy football than cheer for a team.  The Bengals have miraculously become one of the most fun teams to watch and root for with a group of fun, energetic characters.  

If the Bengals win today, that fan base will continue to grow.  I am not going to be "get off my lawn" guy and say "no bandwagon fans", as I am actually thrilled to have more and more fans of our team!  When I was in Florida a couple weeks ago, I was amazed at the Bengals jerseys, t-shirts, etc. that I saw on people in town.  Not at the airport, but walking around in Fort Lauderdale.  Sure, that is a vacation town, but still....and people commented on my Bengal gear.

Good post. I was thinking the same thing just awhile ago. Fan base will continue to grow but a win today and it explodes!!! Can only imagine the number of Bengal fans across the country and world if we should reach the Superbowl. You will see Burrow and Chase jerseys from Key West, FL to Utquigvik, AK .
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 01:12 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: I sure as hell don’t want Stoolers bandwagon fans repping the black and orange.

The Steelers have been spiraling down now last 4 years or so. I could see a mass exodus from that wagon coming soon.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 11:54 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: The LSU fanbase has really jumped on the bandwagon. I've been getting text/calls from alumni all season.

And they are more than welcome.

Kind of interesting the cycle with Brian Kelly now being their coach...they might be a fun team to watch for some time.  He may be a bit of a moron, but as a coach, what he did with ND was nothing short of impressive.  
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 01:53 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Good post. I was thinking the same thing just awhile ago. Fan base will continue to grow but a win today and it explodes!!! Can only imagine the number of Bengal fans across the country and world if we should reach the Superbowl. You will see Burrow and Chase jerseys from Key West, FL to Utquigvik, AK .

Chris Paul on Twitter saying he needs a Chase Jersey...

People coming up with new nicknames for Smokin Joe Burrow (probably my fav).

A friend in Lexington said her son was a Chiefs fan (because of Mahommes) and she had a friend with extra tix to the Bengals game in a luxury box.  Her son left that game a Bengals fan.  That's how it starts.  Memories of amazing plays.  
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 11:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burrow and Chase are both extremely marketable players. We haven’t really had anyone with that kind of star power since Chad.

I think CJ is the same way.  He was on GMF earlier and they absolutely love him.  

He isn't the same talent, but he's sort of the senior "Mr. Reliable".  Him, and Boyd.
Reply/Quote