Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New IR rule
Owners approved a new rule allowing 3 players to be designated for return. Last year it was 2 and the Bengals used both and probably would have used the 3rd.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
This was one of those things I yelled about for years. I can't believe it took them so long to allow even ONE to possibly return.

Remember when a rookie QB taken #1 overall would get paid more than the best veteran QBs in the league? Sometimes it seems they move very slow to address obvious problems. Since everyone wants the best players on the field I don't see why it has taken them so long to make these adjustments to the IR rule.
Reply/Quote
Good rule change

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Agree, this is a good rule change for everybody. With Fred in wondering why it took them so long to figure this one out?

It only makes the game more entertaining.

Sucks for teams when they cannot bring back their talented players that have been on IR.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2020, 05:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agree, this is a good rule change for everybody. With Fred in wondering why it took them so long to figure this one out?

It only makes the game more entertaining.

Sucks for teams when they cannot bring back their talented players that have been on IR.

Part of my mind can understand why the NFL was so slow to move toward a "designated to return" situation.  Here's why I think that way.  A lot of aging veterans are still fantastic players when fully healthy, but the rigors of game in, game out all season long takes it's toll on their already worn down bodies.  Allowing more players to be "shelved" for half the season allows teams to effectively "backload" for a stretch run in the playoffs, while getting their developing players a ton of PT in the first half of the season.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2020, 06:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Part of my mind can understand why the NFL was so slow to move toward a "designated to return" situation.  Here's why I think that way.  A lot of aging veterans are still fantastic players when fully healthy, but the rigors of game in, game out all season long takes it's toll on their already worn down bodies.  Allowing more players to be "shelved" for half the season allows teams to effectively "backload" for a stretch run in the playoffs, while getting their developing players a ton of PT in the first half of the season.

That is a great point.Hmm
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2020, 06:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Part of my mind can understand why the NFL was so slow to move toward a "designated to return" situation.  Here's why I think that way.  A lot of aging veterans are still fantastic players when fully healthy, but the rigors of game in, game out all season long takes it's toll on their already worn down bodies.  Allowing more players to be "shelved" for half the season allows teams to effectively "backload" for a stretch run in the playoffs, while getting their developing players a ton of PT in the first half of the season.

What's wrong with that though?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Great, now someone can join AJ and JR
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Allowing players to return from IR makes all the sense. I honestly think the designation to return should be allowed to more then just 3 players.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
One of those rules you hope you never have to utilize
Reply/Quote