Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New LB coach-Al Golden
Lions are the "other" team that have struggled with developing lb's. Folks have a point about Golden.

The only good thing going on around this Organization is Burrow, and he'll likely be ruined here soon given nothing has changed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 12:47 PM)jj22 Wrote: Lions are the "other" team that have struggled with developing lb's. Folks have a point about Golden.

The only good thing going on around this Organization is Burrow, and he'll likely be ruined here soon given nothing has changed.

He's been their LB coach for 2 seasons, so no, nobody has any point.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
terrible signing, but the way I see it Zac Taylor and his whole crew will be gone in a year so its no big deal. drew sample

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 01:03 PM)Okeana Wrote: terrible signing, 

Who did you want.

Whop would have been a "good signing"?

(01-17-2020, 01:03 PM)Okeana Wrote:   drew sample

Anyone who judges a player after his rookie year doesn't know much about the NFL.

You know what TEs Delani Walker and Ben Watson have in common other than the fact that they both had at least 3 seasons with 60 rceptions?  They both had fewer receptions their rookie season than Drew Sample.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 01:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Who did you want.

Who does Whop currently coach for?

As to the OP: What ever. I wasn't stoked with dude they took last year and I'm not stoked about this dude, but I'm not condemning it before the first snap.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 01:02 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He's been their LB coach for 2 seasons, so no, nobody has any point.

Why don't you go back on self-imposed exile? 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 01:02 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He's been their LB coach for 2 seasons, so no, nobody has any point.

And they have had one of the worse lb groups in the league during this time. A simple google search (and lb's being mocked to them since 2018) can help understanding some of the skepticism.

It's okay for folks not to have blind faith in these signings. Have anyone earned fans benefit of doubt?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 01:15 PM)jj22 Wrote: And they have had one of the worse lb groups in the league during this time. A simple google search (and lb's being mocked to them since 2018) can help understanding some of the skepticism.

It's okay for folks not to have blind faith in these signings. Have anyone earned fans benefit of doubt?

Don't have blind faith; I have 0 anything.

It can be a good hire, it can be a bad hire; we have no clue how this will shake out.

I can point to his successes in college and say that a former HC is coaching our LBs and that its the greatest thing ever.

But that has 0 bearing on how he will perform as our LB coach, just like a previous year with a different personnel and coaching staff, should have 0 bearing on how he does here.

Go into things without high or low expectations; just take it as it comes and then you won't find yourself griping about things you A; don't know about and b; have no control over.

It expends so much energy being pissed off and displeased, so why not save it for something you know will be shitty?
Reply/Quote
I remember him wearing a shirt and tie on the sidelines when he was HC at The U.

That's about all I got on the guy.
Reply/Quote
Regardless of the sensible post people are clapping for this is till a bad hire. Same ole bengals.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 01:24 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Don't have blind faith; I have 0 anything.

It can be a good hire, it can be a bad hire; we have no clue how this will shake out.

I can point to his successes in college and say that a former HC is coaching our LBs and that its the greatest thing ever.

But that has 0 bearing on how he will perform as our LB coach, just like a previous year with a different personnel and coaching staff, should have 0 bearing on how he does here.

Go into things without high or low expectations; just take it as it comes and then you won't find yourself griping about things you A; don't know about and b; have no control over.

It expends so much energy being pissed off and displeased, so why not save it for something you know will be shitty?
Aren't you the guy who said "Willie Anderson wasn't good enough to play left tackle"?
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 12:32 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: These are the same garbage replies I got when I was screaming about the Capt. Lou Albano and Jim Turner. Bad coaches with bad track records. Uninspiring hires. Golden was just fired by the Lions. The Lions. For doing what we expect him to do well here. "Why is he a bad hire?"

Freaking tell me why he's a GOOD one. Please. 

Overreact much? Calm down Becky. Just maybe Golden was a good coach on a shitty staff or had very little to work with. 
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 01:36 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Regardless of the sensible post people are clapping for this is till a bad hire.  Same ole bengals.

You nothing about the guy, just finding something to whine about.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 01:39 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Aren't you the guy who said "Willie Anderson wasn't good enough to play left tackle"?

First of all, you're putting words in my mouth.

He wasn't good enough his first year (he got killed), so they moved him and ne never went back to LT afterwards. I mean, when Levi went down, they moved Steinbach to LT, instead of Willie. That speaks a lot.

Secondly:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AndeWi00.htm

The guy is my 4th favourite Bengal ever, but he is our third best lineman after Munoz and Whitworth.

Thirdly: HTF does Willie not playing LT have to do with me having no expectations for anything?

Try again, cupcake; you're seemingly throwing stones for no damn reason.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 01:24 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Don't have blind faith; I have 0 anything.

So what you are saying, essentially, is this (Correct me if I'm wrong)...

1.) Our opinions have no bearing on success or lack thereof?
2.) Past performace doesn't always dictate future performance. ( Different circumstances, yada, yada, yada..)

Basically, we won't know until we know, and talking about it doesn't change the fact.

See, I could dig that if not for one simply reason: You pick and choose when to apply this logic.

If someone posts a littany of facts to support the idea that Joe Burrow will be great, or that Jonah Williams will elevate the line then your post is nowhere to be found. Why is that?

If a guy gives a bunch of reasons why he thinks Zak Taylor is poised for success in year 2 are you there to remind him that he has no clue how things will shake out and it's something he has no control over? No. No, you aren't.

But when a guy post the reverse, here's why I think X is a bad hire you hit him with this garbage.

It's such a cop-out, made in back-tracking from a stance you either can't refute or don't won't to.

There is nothing wrong with people sharing kpinions and giving their predictions on the results. That's what the board is for. And you seem to be fine with that, as long as you agree with the narrative. So be fine with it across the board. It's not at all fair to pick and choose when to remind people they have no control over the results.

Basically, what I'm saying, is your logic here is total bs.  :andy:
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 09:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Talk about writing a guy off before he even gets off the plane.....

(01-17-2020, 10:23 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: And you're basing this on?...

(01-17-2020, 12:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Who were you guys hoping for?

Or did you have no clue who you wanted and decided to just complain about whoever we hired?

(01-17-2020, 12:23 PM)sandwedge Wrote: How so? Tell us why it's a shit hire.

Really guys? Did you do any research on the guy?

(01-17-2020, 12:32 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: These are the same garbage replies I got when I was screaming about the Capt. Lou Albano and Jim Turner. Bad coaches with bad track records. Uninspiring hires. Golden was just fired by the Lions. The Lions. For doing what we expect him to do well here. "Why is he a bad hire?"

Freaking tell me why he's a GOOD one. Please. 

Thank you, beat me to it. This is yet another lazy hire of a guy with a poor track record. This is becoming typical under Zac. I’m sorry if I can’t get excited by yet another weak hire.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 09:00 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Why was he fired from the Lions after 1yr? Was it because he sucked or some other reason? Just briefed through his Bio and was not really impressed.

He was there 3; Two as TE coach, one as LB coach.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 02:03 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Really guys? Did you do any research on the guy?

Thank you, beat me to it. This is yet another lazy hire of a guy with a poor track record. This is becoming typical under Zac. I’m sorry if I can’t get excited by yet another weak hire.

ZT hasnt done anything yet to attact better names to his crew...  So he gets the guys he knows.  at least we know they can work together.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 09:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, not who I was hoping for but he did coach at Linebacker U for a bit.

Problem is Miami hasn't been Linebacker U for a long time now.

He worked at Penn State and Virginia as LB coach (and D-Coord) as well. He's developed a few good LBs (James Farrior, Jamie Sharper). My curiosity with this is his defensive knowledge is mostly a 3-4.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 01:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Who did you want.

Anyone who judges a player after his rookie year doesn't know much about the NFL.

You know what TEs Delani Walker and Ben Watson have in common other than the fact that they both had at least 3 seasons with 60 rceptions?  They both had fewer receptions their rookie season than Drew Sample.

Marcus Freeman, Pete Kwiatkowski, Al Holcomb (just picked up by panthers), Greg Manusky, George Edwards

I can go on and on, but why not Rex Ryan?  get his toes back into coaching and put him in line for promotion to DC if things don't improve this year.

Heck even Rob Ryan would be better

And anyone who can justify Drew Sample in the 2nd round doesn't know anything about the NFL.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote