Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New LB coach-Al Golden
(01-16-2020, 09:58 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I'd rather have kept Haslett...

I watched Haslett ruin a good Saints team. Then SP came in and the Saints are perennial contenders.

No thanks! Never, ever liked the Haslett hire. Ts, not big on this one either.

The players seem to like Taylor, but he's shown nothing outside of that locker room that says he's capable of being a good HC. This hire doesn't help his case much.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 02:21 PM)Okeana Wrote: Marcus Freeman, Pete Kwiatkowski, Al Holcomb (just picked up by panthers), Greg Manusky, George Edwards

Golden's resume was clearly better than Freeman's or Kwiatkowski's.

What makes Holcomb, Manusky, or Edwards a better option than Golden?
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 02:03 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Really guys? Did you do any research on the guy? 

Yes I did.  He was a successful DC in college and a formr HC.  He also has NFL experience.

So who did you want again after doing all of your research?
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 01:42 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Overreact much? Calm down Becky. Just maybe Golden was a good coach on a shitty staff or had very little to work with. 

Do you even know who Golden is? Doesn't appear you do, by the reply.

So, "Cheryl," don't question those who do.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 03:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes I did.  He was a successful DC in college and a formr HC.  He also has NFL experience.

So who did you want again after doing all of your research?

Being a successful DC in college and a former head coach means nothing. His track record as a linebacker coach is subpar, to put it nicely. We could have done way better than this.

And for the record I wanted Manusky, how about you? Your old favorite buddy Chuck Bresnahan, perhaps? Whatever or do you not really care and just planning on stirring **** up from the get-go like always?
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 03:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Golden's resume was clearly better than Freeman's or Kwiatkowski's.

What makes Holcomb, Manusky, or Edwards a better option than Golden?

Didn't Manusky throw his entire Defense under the pass at a press conference? I would pass on that
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 04:40 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: And for the record I wanted Manusky, how about you? Your old favorite buddy Chuck Bresnahan, perhaps? 

Interesting fact about Chuck Bresnahan.  As a DC he never had a defense as bad as Manusky's 31st rated unit with the Redskins last year.

Honestly, I never had a favorite choice for our new LB coach.  As for Golden there is nothing to get me really excited about him, but I just think it is childish to squeal and cry about how every single move the Bengals make is terrible.

If you look back at last offseason you will see that I questioned the staff they put together, but I had legitimate concerns about the fact that neither our HC nor either one of our Coordinators had ever prepared a team for a season as a coordinator.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 02:20 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: He worked at Penn State and Virginia as LB coach (and D-Coord) as well. He's developed a few good LBs (James Farrior, Jamie Sharper). My curiosity with this is his defensive knowledge is mostly a 3-4.

Good to know. Thanks, wonder if we are going to go to more of a hybrid Defense. Going to have to add more LB's though.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 09:58 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I'd rather have kept Haslett...

I would rather them hire Mary Poppins than to have kept Haslett as LB coach.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 10:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: HELL TO THE NO ON THAT!!! HASLETT WAS THE WORST COACH WE HAD IN A LONGTIME!!!

Worse than Tem, at least the LB's improved under Tem all be it slowly. Our LB's just got worse and worse under Haslett.

Even Burfict looked terrible with this guy at LB coach. Mellow

Personal opinion, Haslett has been more successful in the NFL than Golden.

My comment was NOT meant to be an endorsement of Haslett.  It was a statement that we have moved backwards at the position.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 11:10 PM)Shepdawg Wrote: I would rather them hire Mary Poppins than to have kept Haslett as LB coach.

NOW we're talking! Pervert
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 08:41 PM)pally Wrote: Al Golden was most recently the LB coach for the Lions.  He was fired from that job at the end of their season along with the entire defensive staff.  Previously he was the Univ of Miami's head coach

let the complaining begin

Being let go is no big deal , probably 90 percent of coaches hired have been let go..a bit of overreaction 
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 03:13 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Do you even know who Golden is? Doesn't appear you do, by the reply.

So, "Cheryl," don't question those who do.

He turned around Virginia's defense. Taking them from 108th in the country to 18th in his time there. Had Miami winning football games again after the NCAA deathblow. Went to the Lions and coached the TEs for 2 years and coached the LBs this year. Patricia fired the DC and the new DC brought in his own staff. Anything more you want me to teach you?
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 11:30 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Personal opinion, Haslett has been more successful in the NFL than Golden.

My comment was NOT meant to be an endorsement of Haslett.  It was a statement that we have moved backwards at the position.

As a player Haslett has been more successful. Haslett has been a terrible LB coach in the NFL.

Just ask London Fletcher, or anyone that watched our LB's go from pretty good to completely out of position under him in one season.

Golden has experience and I will give him a chance. Like I said he wasn't my ideal choice but we cannot say whether we moved backwards or not on this hire. He has a damn talented LB in Pratt to work with and we will add at least one more talented LB pretty damn sure.
Reply/Quote