Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Linebackers Coach
(01-13-2020, 06:09 PM)pally Wrote: Joe Brady has agreed in principle to a 3 year $3 million extension with LSU.  Meaning he is still a free agent but will cost a whole lot of money to get him

They paid Gruden more than that to stay here...and that was a while ago.  I would love to see this guy here.  He will likely ascend to the top of the college ranks quickly, though, so I think he would need to see that opportunity in the pros.  If he came here and won as an OC, I think he would have a TON of doors open for him.  The guy took the most archaic offensive strategy in the college game to a high-flying, creative offense in ONE SEASON.  

Say what you will about having the players, etc, but that is an incredible feat...especially in college with hourly restrictions on practice.  

Very happy for this guy and coach O.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 06:09 PM)pally Wrote: Joe Brady has agreed in principle to a 3 year $3 million extension with LSU.  Meaning he is still a free agent but will cost a whole lot of money to get him

Joe Brady would impede on Zac Taylor's genius offense anyway, so probably better that he doesn't come to Cincinnati.  Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 03:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You know Mike Brown and Zac Taylor are gonna for sure keep Turner because of the turnaround the OL made in the running game, right? 

After they first changed the scheme and made it the worse running game in the league, then went back. Took them half a season to figure that out. And Pollack told them, which makes it an even bigger boneheaded move.

Reply/Quote
you think this guy might want to try his hand at coaching?

Even if just as an assistant or some other entry level title?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/14/luke-kuechly-announces-retirement/
Reply/Quote
Any opinions on this? Seems to be making some buzz.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 12:46 PM)jmahon316 Wrote: Any opinions on this? Seems to be making some buzz.

Didn't watch much of the Arizona State Linebackers this year. Think I watched one game.

Nothing stands out in my mind.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 12:46 PM)jmahon316 Wrote: Any opinions on this? Seems to be making some buzz.

His name never popped up until after he worked under defensive guru Marvin Lewis at Arizona State.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 11:33 PM)jj22 Wrote: Keep an eye on Zimmers ex-DC with Dolphin ties in George Edwards who has spent the last 6 years with Zimmer and crossed paths with ZT and Lou in Miami.

A candidate for Cleveland DC spot, but could return to his role as LBC here if that falls through.

Also Kris Richard has yet to find a spot and will likely take DB coach position again since getting a DC position looks to be out.

I thought Edwards made so much sense. He would have been my choice, (along with Brady) and Kris as the new DB coach.

The problem with this front office is everyone on this message board could run the team better than the Brown family. I have no doubt.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 02:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: In house- Mark Duffner

Outside- Chris Shula

Neither.

I remember the last Shula to work for this organization.
Reply/Quote