Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
New Look Offensive Line
(03-29-2021, 02:52 PM)GodFather Wrote: So you gave up with all the negativity and start your thread off calling fans "chicken littles"?  Yeah... that makes sense.

Those chicken littles have valid points not believing the Bengals are "turning" it around with the product they've shown on the field these past 4+ years with two different coaches, until they do chicken little away...

Joe Burrow is the man and the future of our team, but this offensive line is going to need a hell of an improvement if you even want to give Burrow a chance to succeed and stay healthy. Pollack is a great offseason pickup but he's no miracle worker and the majority of the offensive line are not "starter" material. Guys like Spain are good depth guys but we need an overhaul on the line. Till that happens things will look the same they always have.

Just to be clear, I meant over the top negativity ABOUT THE BENGALS. I don’t give a RA about silly back and forth between posters.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2021, 10:36 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Never under estimate what a,good oline coach can do for a unit.
Turner is no scapegoat. He just flatout cannot coach up a oline to be dominant or at least
Be on the same page. 
Look at his resume. What olines under his watch have been considered well coached?
Thats what when he,was shown the door teams were lining up for his oline expertise, right?
No he is he drinking his Sam Adams Lager today waiting for a call from anyone dumb 
Enough to hire his Sgt.Carter antics

If 1st RDs picks were everything how come Paul Alexander was 1 and done in Dallas?
Talent is nothing without coaching in the NFL.

I bet you anything Brian Callahan got a bit of wisdom from his dad  who is oline coach
In Cleveland and passed it to ZT about overhauling the oline.

Can anyone name me how many 1st RD picks the highest graded oline in the league.
Its 1. 
The Browns have Jedrick Willis.thats the 1st RDer
Bitonio is a 2nd RD from 2 regimes ago. Tretter is FA from GB. Wyatt Teller the best OG in the NFL
was a afterthought in a trade. 
And Jack Conklin a FA from the Titans.
But they only got to that level cause,of the arrival of Bill Callahan. 
The Browns in 2020-added 2 new pieces plus the coach....boom. Best oline in the NFL
Then in the Steelers playoff win they had a no name start at RG for Bitonio. 
Didnt miss a beat up front.

Thats coaching folks.

Also a good reminder given the circumstances what happened when they sign the toys (OBJ, Landry, Hunt, Njoku, Higgins) to the delight of the media and fan wanting the skill players. It got their coaches and GM fired. Zac take note. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2021, 09:54 PM)jj22 Wrote: Also a good reminder given the circumstances what happened when they sign the toys (OBJ, Landry, Hunt, Njoku, Higgins) to the delight of the media and fan wanting the skill players. It got their coaches and GM fired. Zac take note. 

It works both ways though. Take the 2019 Patriots. GOAT QB, decent RB, strong o-line but WR’s and TE’s in disarray. Brady worst year since his rookie year and many were calling him done, toast and were laughing at the Bucs for signing him.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2021, 10:22 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: It works both ways though.  Take the 2019 Patriots.  GOAT QB, decent RB, strong o-line but WR’s and TE’s in disarray.  Brady worst year since his rookie year and many were calling him done, toast and were laughing at the Bucs for signing him.

I wasn't laughing.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2021, 10:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I wasn't laughing.

I wasn’t laughing either. It’s a false narrative that a great QB can ‘make’ even average receivers great.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2021, 07:04 PM)Synric Wrote: Trey Hopkins, Quinton Spain, and Riley Reiff are 3 solid veteran linemen that are average to above average. Jonah Williams will be going into his second year playing coming off a solid rookie year. That is 4 offensive linemen that all have experience and are good football players.

The other guard spot and the depth is the big question. Day 2 and early Day 3 will have a few different options for the Bengals to explore. 

Dillion Radunz and D'Ante Smith are a couple of my favorite prospects for the Bengals. Radunz is a G/T prospect that will fit well in a wide zone. He will be able to compete his rookie year for that final guard spot with XSF and Hakeem Adeniji. D'Ante Smith will likely go in the 4th as a developmental Tackle. Smith has the size, length, and athletisim teams covet but will need a year to get stronger and develop into a possible starter or the very important backup swing tackle.

Sorry calling Spain and Hopkins average to above average starters isn’t accurate. Below average is more accurate. I could live with one of them. I could maybe live with two if the other guard was an all star. But Jonah is average with potential to be good. Reif is solid. Neither is a stud right now that you can leave on an island to support others. Problem is the interior is weak and if they don’t improve it then the whole offense struggles.

Boyd and Higgins are good. A decent round two WR3 who gives us what Higgins gave us last year means we are young and very good at WR. Chase definitely makes it better but our current WRs are better than current OLine so use earliest pick on OLine
Reply/Quote
We have stats in three threads now that show the same thing. Spain IS above average. And when both he and XSF were in there the interior line play was actually good.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote