Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Biggest Rival
My order would be,

4. San Francisco 40 Whinners
3. Baltimore Ratbirds
2. Pittsburgh Squeellers
1. Cleveland Stains

I know many of you will put the Steelers number 1 but I just can't do it. The Browns are and always will be the Bengals biggest rival in my book.

As for the 49'ers, they beat the Bengals twice in the Super Bowl and it was because of Bill Walsh and the stupidity of Paul Brown not hiring him as Bengals head coach.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis. Think of how many times in a row now he has beat the Bengals in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
The Steelers are not our rival.  OUur fans wish, hope and really really want to act like the Steelers/Bengals is a rivalry.   It is far from it. 
6 straight Pittsburgh wins

In the 2010s  -  Pittsburgh has 14 wins . Bengals have 3

In the 2000's - Steelers 15 .  Bengals 6

90s -  13 steelers win vs   7 Bengals wins
Over the course of the last 3 decades:  Steelers 42 wins  v  Bengals 15 
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2018, 04:04 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: My order would be,

4. San Francisco 40 Whinners
3. Baltimore Ratbirds
2. Pittsburgh Squeellers
1. Cleveland Stains

I know many of you will put the Steelers number 1 but I just can't do it. The Browns are and always will be the Bengals biggest rival in my book.

As for the 49'ers, they beat the Bengals twice in the Super Bowl and it was because of Bill Walsh and the stupidity of Paul Brown not hiring him as Bengals head coach.

Agree with your pick for No. 1. There's more shame in losing to Cleveland than any other NFL team imo. Don't expect that to change. WTS, the stoolers are a special kind of enemy. I'd have to ban myself if I completely expressed my thoughts. Whenever they lose, wherever the game is played, and however they do it makes that day one the best days of my life. Every time.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Steelers. And it’s not even close.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
1.)That team from that state East of here

Forty thousand miles of space

2.)The Browns (not for me, they are my second favorite team, but a distant second...that being said, the history of the two franchises)

3.)The 49ers (Two TDs from being the team of the 80s)

4.)The Texans (Marv's personal nemesis)

5.)The Packers (A bit off the radar, but the games are usually outstanding...and we created Brett Favre by knocking out Majkowski)
Reply/Quote
The lack of ownership that wants to be great.
Mediocre is good enough attitude.
Reply/Quote
Fans who 'think' the Steelers are our #1 rivals are delusional.

You cant win 15 out of 57 games spanning the last 3 decades and call that a rivalry.
Reply/Quote
Call me delusional because I think Pittsburgh is our biggest rival. Regardless of the W-L record, these two teams go for blood every time they meet. There is a lot of hatred between the two teams and also the fan base. For those of us who have been privileged enough to go to a Bengal/Steeler game, the atmosphere is electrifying. Sad there are so many fights that break out between the fan bases, but I guess the adrenaline mixed with pride and alcohol is the perfect recipe for violence. As a past season ticket holder, I will tell you that no other games even come close to the blood pumping barbaric excitement that engulfs your spirit than when the Steelers come to town.

Reply/Quote
Biggest? I've never measured them before soooooo.... I need to see the spec sheets.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 10:43 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Biggest? I've never measured them before soooooo.... I need to see the spec sheets.

Hilarious

You knew what I meant you silly little Gamma Ray Tan.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 10:43 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Biggest? I've never measured them before soooooo.... I need to see the spec sheets.

We’re talking boobs right?

Teams I hate in order.
1. steAlers- I won’t spell their name their way ever again. Douchebags
2. 9ers- if I ever meet John Taylor in a dark alley I will do bad things to him for making a certain 11year old cry over a Super Bowl.
3. Patriots- cheatin’ uppity Bastards from Boston.
4. That’s it’s. I could care less about the rest of the nfl.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Steelers and then I believe it is with our own fans sometimes for 2nd place.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Rivalries change over time. For instance back in the day the Houston Oilers were a big rival. I'm not so sure the 49ers have ever been a true rival ? We don't play them regularly. A hated team no doubt but even my hate for them has mellowed a lot over time.

The Steelers are for sure currently our biggest rival ! After that the Ravens I suppose.
Reply/Quote
That's true. I remember the hatred for the Oilers & Glanville. I'd say Steelers now.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2018, 04:10 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Marvin Lewis. Think of how many times in a row now he has beat the Bengals in the playoffs.

Well, you almost make a good point.  While it's true that the Bengals have seemed to shoot themselves in the foot, playoff games.  One must first get to the playoffs, in order to shoot themselves in the foot.

While it is miserable to watch them go down in flames in playoff games, I also remember the decade before Marvin took over.  I'll take "at least being in the hunt" over "dead friggin' last", any year on the calendar.

Oh, and as for biggest rival? Gotta be the Steelers. You can't be the bully of the block, until you kick the crap out of the current bully of the block.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
1.) Steelers- hate is an understatement when it comes to them
2.)browns
3.) Ravens
4.) Texans
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote