Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Nickname: BLANDY Dalton
Cincinnati local sports radio guys James Rapien & Mo Egger have a podcast on the iHeart Radio app under "James Rapien" that I listen to regularly. Sometimes these are just excerpts of their live on-air broadcasts and sometimes it's something they just recorded for the podcast. Last week James came up with the nickname Cedric Ole'he, as in the Spanish "Ole'!".

This week James nicknamed Andy Dalton "Blandy Dalton".

I have to be honest, I LOVE it. Your thoughts?
Reply/Quote
As improbable as it may sound I actually have better things to do with my time than coming up with silly nicknames for players and coaches. Now nicknames for Money Mikey is more important than anything anyone can even imagine. After all, who embodies the ideas of the Charles Dickens character Scrooge more than Money Mike?
Sadly I don't think we'll hear any true life detective stories about Mikey being visited by the ghosts of Christmas past, present nor future any time soon, but there's always hope.   
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2017, 12:06 PM)grampahol Wrote: As improbable as it may sound I actually have better things to do with my time than coming up with silly nicknames for players and coaches. Now nicknames for Money Mikey is more important than anything anyone can even imagine. After all, who embodies the ideas of the Charles Dickens character Scrooge more than Money Mike?
Sadly I don't think we'll hear any true life detective stories about Mikey being visited by the ghosts of Christmas past, present nor future any time soon, but there's always hope.   

I didn't come up with it... But I wish I had! Blame the radio guys - it's their job to entertain with the Bengals.

Ghosts of Whodey past?
Reply/Quote
And the process of running another QB out of town is on.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I was listening to them on the radio when he brought up the name Blandy.

Its basically in reference to how bland Andy's game has gotten. Stare down the receiver to throw to at snap, if not there then either goes to checkdown back or scrambles into the line or something like that.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Dandy Alton
Reply/Quote
Dalton is such a better QB than Bengals fans and media give him credit for. People can talk about how the game has changed, but not every QB comes in and puts up the numbers that Dalton does. He's good, maybe even really good. No, he's not elite, but he is definitely good enough to win with.

If we want to label the guy bland for setting franchise records, being in the MVP hunt (if only for 1 season), being a multiple Pro Bowler, helping to make the franchise respectable, helping lead the team to 5 consecutive playoff appearances, and being an amazing person in the community, then I can only imagine what we should call every other Bengals QB before him.
Reply/Quote
I don't blame Blandy Dalton...

I blame Marvin Blewits
Reply/Quote
I don't know who this Mo guy is--a Stooge, I guess. But I'd like to see how well he could do his job if his sound man sukked and his producer was being pushed back into his face all day.

Radio talking heads are one step above internet blogger.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2017, 01:25 PM)McC Wrote: Radio talking heads are one step above internet blogger.

Mo would probably agree with you. But it wasn't he who came up with the name. It was his producer, James Rapien. James is a guy that goes into the locker room to get quotes for the show every week. 

We'll see how that turns out, since Burfict already confronted him once last season for something they said on the air. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Blandy Dullton
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2017, 01:30 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Mo would probably agree with you. But it wasn't he who came up with the name. It was his producer, James Rapien. James is a guy that goes into the locker room to get quotes for the show every week. 

We'll see how that turns out, since Burfict already confronted him once last season for something they said on the air. 

Ah, the idiot producer, the guy not talented enough to get on the air.  

Reply/Quote
Will not be using it although get where it comes from being Dalton is not very flashy.

Not flashy does not equal not good though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Andy is not the guy. He eyes one guy and if it's not there he's looking for a place to fall or he's scrambling to throw it away.. We need to draft a QB. I like Mason Rudolph from Oklahoma State.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
I'm pretty frustrated with Dalton at this point but he's done enough here to at least earn my respect. I'm certainly not going to start calling him names or anything. I just think his time here might be coming to an end.

Ced Ole-he is pretty good though lol

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2017, 01:18 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I don't blame Blandy Dalton...

I blame Marvin Blewits

^ Oh that's golden! +Rep
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2017, 01:32 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Blandy Dullton

Hilarious!
Reply/Quote
Reminds me of Kitna's old nicknames. I think the Angry Guys used to call him Jon CANTna. Others called him Jon kINTna.

Did Palmer have any nicknames? I think people showed more respect for him, at least until 2010. I think "P6P" (pick six Palmer) was popular.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2017, 07:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Did Palmer have any nicknames? 

Carson "Stop throwing shit on my lawn and harassing my wife at the store, you idiot, mid-western rubes" Palmer.  Never really stuck, though.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2017, 01:11 PM)McC Wrote: And the process of running another QB out of town is on.

Yep! This sure does sound familiar. Hopefully no statues will be harmed.
Reply/Quote