Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Nickname: BLANDY Dalton
BlownupBodine
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I used to entertain myself by referring to Kitna as "Jonny Squirrelpaws"....Dalton used to be known to me as "Red Kitna" but I got bored with that one. Never came up with anything for Palmer....I guess chalk one up to missed opportunity.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2017, 11:54 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Cincinnati local sports radio guys James Rapien & Mo Egger have a podcast on the iHeart Radio app under "James Rapien" that I listen to regularly. Sometimes these are just excerpts of their live on-air broadcasts and sometimes it's something they just recorded for the podcast. Last week James came up with the nickname Cedric Ole'he, as in the Spanish "Ole'!".

This week James nicknamed Andy Dalton "Blandy Dalton".

I have to be honest, I LOVE it. Your thoughts?

Stupid, disrespectful, and ignorant....

The nickname, not you Pdub.

Dalton has been a very good QB since he has been here, but he has had two our of three games this season with pretty disappointing numbers.  Of course, the blame will fall on Dalton, and that is ok, but he has not had Eifert, Ross, a legit OC, or an offensive line that could block my mother on her way in to Kroger's.  

I would wait until he has something like 14 our of 16 games with poor performances, despite all the handicaps of being the QB of this squad.  Two games?  No.  Honestly, I would give him next year under a real HC before I gave up on the guy.  

With respect to the actual nickname, he may come across as a little bland but I love the guy for what he does in the community as well as what he doesn't do in the community (rape, pay, get away....DUIs, drug abuse, etc).  I know that seems like the bar is set kind of low, but look at Piggy and Johnny Manziel.  Both first round picks.  Scumbags.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2017, 01:18 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I don't blame Blandy Dalton...

I blame Marvin Blewits

LOVE this! I can't stand Marvin! Dalton is regressing but I'll give him a few more games before I start complaining. 
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
Props to Andy today. Hell of a job. Maybe Blandy will ride the pine a few games.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 05:19 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Props to Andy today. Hell of a job. Maybe Blandy will ride the pine a few games.

Or maybe it was just that Zampese was awful and Dalton is and always has been a good QB?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 05:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Or maybe it was just that Zampese was awful and Dalton is and always has been a good QB?

:hooked:

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 05:19 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Props to Andy today.  Hell of a job.  Maybe Blandy will ride the pine a few games.

He looked good today. He's believing in what Lazor is selling. 

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 05:40 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He looked good today. He's believing in what Lazor is selling. 

Agreed, but I guess the next time Andy has a shitty day it'll have to be the new guy's fault.  Andy had a good game, let's leave it at that.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 05:49 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Agreed, but I guess the next time Andy has a shitty day it'll have to be the new guy's fault.  Andy had a good game, let's leave it at that.  

Left.

Reply/Quote
His last 2 games, Dalton has completed 80.7% of his passes (46/57), thrown 6 TDs, and 0 INTs. He posted a 121 passer rating in Week 3 and a 146 in Week 4. Fans are still calling for McCarron. He never had a firm grip on the fan base since he was drafted. He's lost the fan base. Even after 2 really good games, he's being criticized for every incomplete pass, over/under throw, any sack, etc. The fans are doing their best to run another QB out of town.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2017, 01:18 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I don't blame Blandy Dalton...

I blame Marvin Blewits

LOL.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 06:00 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: His last 2 games, Dalton has completed 80.7% of his passes (46/57), thrown 6 TDs, and 0 INTs. He posted a 121 passer rating in Week 3 and a 146 in Week 4. Fans are still calling for McCarron. He never had a firm grip on the fan base since he was drafted. He's lost the fan base. Even after 2 really good games, he's being criticized for every incomplete pass, over/under throw, any sack, etc. The fans are doing their best to run another QB out of town.

1-3

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 06:00 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: His last 2 games, Dalton has completed 80.7% of his passes (46/57), thrown 6 TDs, and 0 INTs. He posted a 121 passer rating in Week 3 and a 146 in Week 4. Fans are still calling for McCarron. He never had a firm grip on the fan base since he was drafted. He's lost the fan base. Even after 2 really good games, he's being criticized for every incomplete pass, over/under throw, anTXy sack, etc. The fans are doing their best to run another QB out of town.

Yep 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 06:00 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: His last 2 games, Dalton has completed 80.7% of his passes (46/57), thrown 6 TDs, and 0 INTs. He posted a 121 passer rating in Week 3 and a 146 in Week 4. Fans are still calling for McCarron. He never had a firm grip on the fan base since he was drafted. He's lost the fan base. Even after 2 really good games, he's being criticized for every incomplete pass, over/under throw, any sack, etc. The fans are doing their best to run another QB out of town.

To be fair one of those games was against a Junior College, let's not get too excited here. This Sunday against the Bills will be the tell if he's really moving forward. 
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 06:35 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: To be fair one of those games was against a Junior College, let's not get too excited here. This Sunday against the Bills will be the tell if he's really moving forward. 

Right. It's the Browns, so it doesn't count. I doubt people will count the Bills either.

Yet McCarron fans sure counted Mac's 2 wins against terrible teams.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Let's keep it real. If you took part in the Dalton bash fest the last few weeks, your face is covered in egg right now.

The difference in Dalton (and the entire offense) since Lazor replaced Zampese is undeniable. Sure the o-line is still an issue, but Lazor has done a better job scheming around it. People talk like Dalton has as many bad games as good ones. Get real. It's not even close.

How about this. Next time Andy has a shitty day (which happens around once or twice a season) maybe we use some common sense and realize that good QBs have off days. You can name almost any QB and I can give you a list of bad games.
Reply/Quote
Congrats to Andy as he has done what no "QB ever in the history of the NFL" could do. He's had a couple good games behind this Oline,

All hail Dalton, the best QB in NFL history.

OK, yes Andy has looked good these last couple weeks and it proves what I have said. It's QB play not oline play.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 07:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Congrats to Andy as he has done what no "QB ever in the history of the NFL" could do. He's had a couple good games behind this Oline,

All hail Dalton, the best QB in NFL history.

OK, yes Andy has looked good these last couple weeks and it proves what I have said. It's QB play not oline play.

Just stop. It wasn't QB play that was bad the first two weeks (which he did play bad), but it is extremely obvious that the biggest thing is the play calling. Don't you think it's funny that Dalton hasn't had a sub 100 passer rating game since Lazor took over? Nah, that couldn't be it at all. It wasn't like the players wanted him gone or anything.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 07:09 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Just stop. It wasn't QB play that was bad the first two weeks (which he did play bad), but it is extremely obvious that the biggest thing is the play calling. Don't you think it's funny that Dalton hasn't had a sub 100 passer rating game since Lazor took over? Nah, that couldn't be it at all. It wasn't like the players wanted him gone or anything.

Not only just Dalton's performance, but the fact that we've now scored 7 TDs in 2 weeks with Lazor after not being able to sniff the EZ in 2 weeks with Zampese. Plus we were awful in the RZ with Zamp last year. The difference is clear, as is the reason for that difference.

I will say this though, we still can't run block for shit and they probably just need to fully abandon the Og experiment. Keep Andre out there.
Reply/Quote