Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New OL coach Pollack looking for guys with a nasty streak
Hobson just posted an article where Pollack talks about what he's looking for in OL.
The main takeaway is he likes guys with a nasty streak.
He also likes scheme versatility. The ability to play power or zone.
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Down-the-line/b242d055-9da4-4fc3-949e-0108c14d8098

I know Jake Fisher had a mean streak coming out of Oregon. Ogbuehi did not. Bodine I think (kinda?) had that but may have been influenced by Alexander's more passive approach.
I'll be singling out OL prospects in the draft that have "mean streaks" as likely candidates to be drafted by the Bengals.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Pretty much boiler plate stuff.. I would be rather shocked to say the least if he said, 'I'm looking for wilting flowers with absolutely no ability '.. or 'we're looking for the scrubs nobody else wants.' I think that nobody should have to tell us that they want the biggest badest meanest guys who can do it all.. That sort of goes without saying I should think.. Maybe I'm wrong. Perhaps it's some revelation that has never been thought of before..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Well I know guards Quentin Nelson and Will Hernandez have mean streaks. I did read that Lazor and Austin are at the senior bowl and were locked onto Hernandez yesterday.

Also, check out tackle Alex Cappa out of Humboldt State. He's from a D2 school but he was tossing dudes around at the senior bowl.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 11:57 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Hobson just posted an article where Pollack talks about what he's looking for in OL.
The main takeaway is he likes guys with a nasty streak.
He also likes scheme versatility. The ability to play power or zone.
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Down-the-line/b242d055-9da4-4fc3-949e-0108c14d8098

I know Jake Fisher had a mean streak coming out of Oregon. Ogbuehi did not. Bodine I think (kinda?) had that but may have been influenced by Alexander's more passive approach.
I'll be singling out OL prospects in the draft that have "mean streaks" as likely candidates to be drafted by the Bengals.

Hell yes.  Buncha big, mean sunsa bitches.   Eat DLinemen for lunch.   Block like their asses are on fire and DT's are guarding the water.  Turn the glaring weakness into a dominating strength. 
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 12:29 PM)MentalRage Wrote: Well I know guards Quentin Nelson and Will Hernandez have mean streaks. I did read that Lazor and Austin are at the senior bowl and were locked onto Hernandez yesterday.

Also, check out tackle Alex Cappa out of Humboldt State. He's from a D2 school but he was tossing dudes around at the senior bowl.

Hell yeah.  Gimme dudes that toss dudes around.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 12:29 PM)grampahol Wrote: Pretty much boiler plate stuff.. I would be rather shocked to say the least if he said,  'I'm looking for wilting flowers with absolutely no ability '.. or 'we're looking for the scrubs nobody else wants.'  I think that nobody should have to tell us that they want the biggest badest meanest guys who can do it all.. That sort of goes without saying I should think.. Maybe I'm wrong. Perhaps it's some revelation that has never been thought of before..

I don't recall Alexander ever openly stating he wants guys with a mean streak...? He favored athleticism among everything else.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 12:31 PM)McC Wrote: Hell yeah.  Gimme dudes that toss dudes around.

you always have loved a good dude tossin
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 12:34 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: you always have loved a good dude tossin

I have.  I always have.  Long as no one's tossin' dudes at me.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 12:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't recall Alexander ever openly stating he wants guys with a mean streak...? He favored athleticism among everything else.

Except for "Nasty Nate"
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
The line where the article says “ they also think it’s a nice fit with center Russell Bodine , who’s Bengals career is in limbo and that Pollack liked him coming out of the draft “ made me vomit in my mouth a little. Looks like they might be bringing back that loser to play center again. Marvin and possibly Bodine back ! We would be one step closer to the Super Bowl sounds like a lot of changes are coming to this team !
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 12:43 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Except for "Nasty Nate"

I do remember that now, but I still find it kind of amusing given Evan Mathis actually did have a nasty streak but Alexander preferred Livings.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 12:31 PM)McC Wrote: Hell yeah.  Gimme dudes that toss dudes around.

well all miss Jason shirley
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 12:42 PM)McC Wrote: I have.  I always have.  Long as no one's tossin' dudes at me.

better watch it.  goin to get too deep in that dude tossin game one day and find yer feets in the air headed in a perpendicular direction.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 12:48 PM)lone bengal Wrote: The line where the article says “ they also think it’s a nice fit with center Russell Bodine , who’s Bengals career is in limbo and that Pollack liked him coming out of the draft “ made me vomit in my mouth a little. Looks like they might be bringing back this loser to play center again.

if we think OL coaching was the problem before why wouldn't we believe in the new proven OL coach coming in?
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 12:48 PM)lone bengal Wrote: The line where the article says “ they also think it’s a nice fit with center Russell Bodine , who’s Bengals career is in limbo and that Pollack liked him coming out of the draft “ made me vomit in my mouth a little. Looks like they might be bringing back this loser to play center again.
If I remember correctly, a lot teams had liked Bodine. The scouting reports were, country strong, good at the second level. This might have been a case of square peg in a round hole. 
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 12:51 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: better watch it.  goin to get too deep in that dude tossin game one day and find yer feets in the air headed in a perpendicular direction.

I've been both the tosser and the tossee.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 11:57 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The main takeaway is he likes guys with a nasty streak.

Based on this picture of his underwear it looks like Ogbuehi still has a chance to play under Pollack.

[Image: skid-mark-pants.jpg]
Reply/Quote
That must mean most are getting cut.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 12:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't recall Alexander ever openly stating he wants guys with a mean streak...? He favored athleticism among everything else.

LOL..like I've said before even little girls in Olympic gymnastics are pretty damn athletic..and as an added bonus make us all feel like old perverts watching them on TV..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Actually glad to hear and hopefully the message is received.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote