Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New PS and Active roster rules for this season
Keep these in mind when thinking about who to cut, who to keep and who is active on game days:

“Plus, the back of the roster figures to be more in flux than the past because of the expanded practice squad of 16, the ability to protect four practice squad players each week from getting plucked by other teams and the new active roster size of 55 that allows them to promote two practice squad players each week.”

This quote doesn’t mention one more aspect. Six spots can be veterans with no limitations from past playing time.
Reply/Quote
Do they still cut to 53 and sign the P.S. guys or does the rule allow them to just cut to 55?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2020, 04:10 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Do they still cut to 53 and sign the P.S. guys or does the rule allow them to just cut to 55?

The NFL calendar still says the cutdown is to 53

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2020, 04:10 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Do they still cut to 53 and sign the P.S. guys or does the rule allow them to just cut to 55?

My understanding is yes, still cut to 53. The other two have to go back to PS each week.
Reply/Quote
Our back of the roster is going to be in flux a lot this year. Remember we get 1st dibs on the waiver wire, if I remember correctly.
Reply/Quote
This is good for us Bengal fans....
Reply/Quote
Pretty sure another change the OP didn't mention is 6 PS players can be vets.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Another tidbit I had not heard before:

“Of the 16-person practice squad, up to six of the spots may go to players with unlimited NFL experience. Thus, a veteran (who doesn’t have to go through waivers) can be offered a spot on the practice squad, at whatever amount the team wants to pay him.”

So, we might be able to keep a guy like Erickson on the PS at his current salary.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 11:39 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Another tidbit I had not heard before:

“Of the 16-person practice squad, up to six of the spots may go to players with unlimited NFL experience. Thus, a veteran (who doesn’t have to go through waivers) can be offered a spot on the practice squad, at whatever amount the team wants to pay him.”

So, we might be able to keep a guy like Erickson on the PS at his current salary.

I like it. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 11:39 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Another tidbit I had not heard before:

All you had to do was look one post up.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Ok but active roster isn't game day roster right? They can't dress 55? Or can they? If not I don't get the point.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 04:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: All you had to do was look one post up.

Talking about the salary part.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 04:58 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Talking about the salary part.

I appreciated it. Mellow
Reply/Quote