Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Pair Of Jeans, Same Fit
Seems like I'm late to the party here and everyone had a seamless transition here from the old boards! I know alot of people are upset about the old boards closing but change isn't such a bad thing. The way I look at it is we will get to have more heated debates pro vs con on our favorite Bengal topics and new ones as they come up.

Now on to the most important question of the day. How many Dalton threads have I missed? LOL
Reply/Quote
I kinda like how these jeans fit:

[Image: 994fd42bac4a4d685d1d445b12e61802.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2015, 02:14 PM)GodFather Wrote: Now on to the most important question of the day. How many Dalton threads have I missed? LOL

None you haven't read 17 times before in a thousand other places. That's what makes those threads great. Sorta.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2015, 08:06 PM)Beaker Wrote: I kinda like how these jeans fit:

Damn, Beaker. I never knew.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2015, 02:14 PM)GodFather Wrote: Seems like I'm late to the party here and everyone had a seamless transition here from the old boards! I know alot of people are upset about the old boards closing but change isn't such a bad thing. The way I look at it is we will get to have more heated debates pro vs con on our favorite Bengal topics and new ones as they come up.

Now on to the most important question of the day. How many Dalton threads have I missed? LOL

Welcome.  There's been several Andy threads already.  I'm going to guess 5 but that's probably low.  Do the ones that aren't supposed to be Andy threads but turn into Andy threads count?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 09:15 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Welcome.  There's been several Andy threads already.  I'm going to guess 5 but that's probably low.  Do the ones that aren't supposed to be Andy threads but turn into Andy threads count?

I don't read any of them.  They're drivel. 
Reply/Quote
Here's hoping we can stop or at least minimize the Andy spamming (both ways) that effectively ruined our old home. It really got old after awhile and there are many other Bengals topics to talk about.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 10:33 AM)Joelist Wrote: Here's hoping we can stop or at least minimize the Andy spamming (both ways) that effectively ruined our old home. It really got old after awhile and there are many other Bengals topics to talk about.

I agree, and as was mentioned on the old board, we may consider a Dalton sub-forum if it starts getting bad again.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 10:36 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I agree, and as was mentioned on the old board, we may consider a Dalton sub-forum if it starts getting bad again.

That way the same 4-8 people who want to talk about nothing but AD, can just all orgy together in the same place?  I like it.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2015, 08:06 PM)Beaker Wrote: I kinda like how these jeans fit:

That thigh gap tho.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 10:33 AM)Joelist Wrote: Here's hoping we can stop or at least minimize the Andy spamming (both ways) that effectively ruined our old home. It really got old after awhile and there are many other Bengals topics to talk about.

Once the season starts and Andy goes back to his old shenanigans (and at some point he will) it will be a tidal wave of Dalton threads! 
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 11:04 AM)GodFather Wrote: Once the season starts and Andy goes back to his old shenanigans (and at some point he will) it will be a tidal wave of Dalton threads! 

Hopefully the mods will combine/regulate those annoying threads. That was one of the worst parts of the old board.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 11:04 AM)GodFather Wrote: Once the season starts and Andy goes back to his old shenanigans (and at some point he will) it will be a tidal wave of Dalton threads! 

And so it starts even here. The whole assumption of "shenanigans" is part of the problem.
Reply/Quote

Ya, just wait until Week 1 vs the Raiders (who we've never beat in Oakland).  I wonder if this board will be able to handle all the traffic when it explodes?  Hopefully, Hill can carry us past them in Week 1.  If not, might as well give Dalton his own Sub-Forum within Jungle Noise.   Some people just really need to get it out and the wife usually doesn't want to listen to my bitching for more than a minute or two.   :snark:
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 11:38 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Ya, just wait until Week 1 vs the Raiders (who we've never beat in Oakland).  I wonder if this board will be able to handle all the traffic when it explodes?  Hopefully, Hill can carry us past them in Week 1.  If not, might as well give Dalton his own Sub-Forum within Jungle Noise.   Some people just really need to get it out and the wife usually doesn't want to listen to my bitching for more than a minute or two.   :snark:

The Dalton Sub-forum is genius.   Big Grin

Also a sub-forum for "over the hill under-performer was dropper should we pick him up?"

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 11:31 AM)Joelist Wrote: And so it starts even here. The whole assumption of "shenanigans" is part of the problem.

Well the actual problem is there ARE shenanigans. If you don't think so look at Andy's whole career. To think he's going to come out as a different player this year is a fairy tale. He's going to be his average inconsistent self. 
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 12:29 PM)GodFather Wrote: Well the actual problem is there ARE shenanigans. If you don't think so look at Andy's whole career. To think he's going to come out as a different player this year is a fairy tale. He's going to be his average inconsistent self. 

Unfortunately, I have to agree.

The truth be told is that only Dalton can end those threads by consistently playing better and keeping his head in the game in clutch situations. He's done the opposite enough that it's going to take a whole season of improvement to show people that he's actually improved. No more Cleveland games, no more entire halfs with 3 first downs, no more high INTs per pass attempt seasons. Sad, but that's really the boat he's in with many fans right now.

Possibly we could have one official Dalton thread per week that starts after the game and is closed before the next week's game. Call it the "Dump on or Praise Dalton" thread. It's the place for all Dalton comments for the week.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 11:21 AM)Beaker Wrote: Hopefully the mods will combine/regulate those annoying threads. That was one of the worst parts of the old board.

One advantage to getting older is loss of memory, I don't know of this " old board " you speak of.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 08:12 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: One advantage to getting older is loss of memory, I don't know of this " old board " you speak of.

One thing that won't take long to jog your memory is articles like this. We're not even at the beginning of the 2015 season and you see these comments:

12. Cincinnati (10-5-1). The running game, and the offensive line, should be enough to make up for Andy Dalton if he struggles. But I don’t think a team can be great unless its quarterback is close to great.

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/06/01/nfl-power-rankings-peter-king-daughter-wedding/
Reply/Quote