Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New RB Coach
(01-07-2021, 10:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: What if we gave him RB coach/assistant HC title?

Lord knows Zac could use experienced help.

Taking the title would probably piss off Simmons. I believe they'll keep Zac on a short leash for the 21 season. If Zac falters out of the gate, then they get rid of him and give Simmons a shot at showing he'd be the guy for 2022.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Taylor should be afraid of a former HC being on his staff. It might give the front office ideas when the team is 3-8 and the season all but lost next year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 06:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Personally, I would love to see the Bengals put Taylor in a position where they had his heir apparent already on the staff.  Some might say "Sunset, that is so cruel.  Why would you wish that?".  To which I would respond;  Because it's going to force one of two things to happen.  Either Zac is pressured into fielding a winning product, or he crumbles under the pressure and slinks away with his tail between his legs.

So do you think ZT is not working hard enough?
Reply/Quote
I think they will bring in whoever they think they need, past be damned.

Also to answer the q about pay.

If they are cut the pay is guaranteed whether they have a new job or not. It's one of mikey's favs to hire coaches already being paid by someone else
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 12:25 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Taking the title would probably piss off Simmons. I believe they'll keep Zac on a short leash for the 21 season. If Zac falters out of the gate, then they get rid of him and give Simmons a shot at showing he'd be the guy for 2022.

I could see this happening, say, if Zac goes 0-4 out the gate.  But don’t worry, that ain’t gonna happen.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 03:21 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: So do you think ZT is not working hard enough?

I'm not saying that he isn't trying hard.  I just think that with a little pressure for performance, he might be a little more concerned with things like getting the OL right.  He allowed Turner to continue rolling Mike Jordan out there week after week, until Burrow and Mixon were beaten to death and injured for the year.  

Would this season have turned out any differently had there been some heat under Zac's seat, I don't know.  However putting a little fire under his ass would at least let me know that the front office isn't just sitting on their hands as he allows star players continue to get killed.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 03:21 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: So do you think ZT is not working hard enough?

you can work hard and still fail....  We need backup options. since we decided to continue with ZT
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 09:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, since they already announced that Lou was coming back next year, I feel like our only hope on that front might be in the way of a position coach with prior HC experience.

Just stupid to not even look at other coaches after Lou's D just gave up the most rushing yards in a game in like forever.

I know, I know, the injuries, still he be bad man and I don't mean a bad man, he just bad.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 06:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just stupid to not even look at other coaches after Lou's D just gave up the most rushing yards in a game in like forever.

I know, I know, the injuries, still he be bad man and I don't mean a bad man, he just bad.

Agreed, but we still have to pull for the team and staff that we're dealt, not the one we wish we had.  Sucks, but it is what it is.  Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote