Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Rule
Celebration penalties can now be enforced on the extra point try. Which means 15 more yards for an extra point kick or 2 point try. Says something about the NFL that a celebration penalty could be more impactful than an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2019, 06:25 PM)pally Wrote: Celebration penalties can now be enforced on the extra point try.  Which means 15 more yards for an extra point kick or 2 point try.  Says something about the NFL that a celebration penalty could be more impactful than an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty

ummm if you got an unsportsmanlike instead of a TD celebration penalty.. You move back 15 yards with no TD...  no sure how that's a lesser punishment?
Reply/Quote
Good. These planned celebrations are lame.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Seriously?

What is the deal with the NFL and celebrations? We have multiple issues with officiating effecting the outcome of a game and they are hung up on td celebrations which have zero impact on the outcome of the game.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2019, 06:29 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: ummm if you got an unsportsmanlike instead of a TD celebration penalty.. You move back 15 yards with no TD...  no sure how that's a lesser punishment?

I was thinking of an unsportsmanlike in general not one in a scoring situation where ANY penalty negates a score

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2019, 06:29 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: ummm if you got an unsportsmanlike instead of a TD celebration penalty.. You move back 15 yards with no TD...  no sure how that's a lesser punishment?

(03-26-2019, 06:48 PM)pally Wrote: I was thinking of an unsportsmanlike in general not one in a scoring situation where ANY penalty negates a score

Isn't unsportsmanlike one of the fouls that if you get two of during the course of one game, you get suspended for the next game?  Personally, if they are going back to flagging celebrations, it should be a simple 5 yards, for delaying the continuation of the game.  With the extra point now being where it is, that extra 5 yards will make a difference, particularly in outdoor stadiums.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2019, 06:25 PM)pally Wrote: Celebration penalties can now be enforced on the extra point try.  Which means 15 more yards for an extra point kick or 2 point try.  Says something about the NFL that a celebration penalty could be more impactful than an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty

The NFL has a lot of issues, mainly with poor refs so their answer is to over react and take a fun element out of the game. I don't get it.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2019, 07:12 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The NFL has a lot of issues, mainly with poor refs so their answer is to over react and take a fun element out of the game. I don't get it.

I hear all running plays will now have to be walking plays and all passes thrown underhand slow pitch. Getting tackled will be voluntary with no hitting. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
So when Chad was here, it was a distraction and penalty mayhem because Bengals of course, then the NFL takes a hit with the Kaepernick fiasco and they bring back the celebrations which were worse than Chads original and fun. Now back to penalizing again. Just leave the game alone ffs. Really makes you wish Pete Rozelle was around.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2019, 06:31 PM)jason Wrote: Good. These planned celebrations are lame.

It's the product of our society where we now have 40 year olds with the responsibility level of a immoral, never-had-a-job teen.

From some of these celebrations, if they can actually be called that, make me think the player has never scored a TD in their lives before.

Reply/Quote
Another new rule is PI can be reviewed now. Could make for a longer game.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26367953/pass-interference-now-reviewable-officials
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2019, 09:34 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Another new rule is PI can be reviewed now. Could make for a longer game.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26367953/pass-interference-now-reviewable-officials

How do you figure?

There isn't a change to the number of challenges.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2019, 09:32 PM)BengalChris Wrote: It's the product of our society where we now have 40 year olds with the responsibility level of a immoral, never-had-a-job teen.

From some of these celebrations, if they can actually be called that, make me think the player has never scored a TD in their lives before.

Post td celebrations are "immoral"?

Fans in the stadium go crazy when their team scores a TD but the guys who work and train like animals to play that game are "immoral" teenagers if they celebrate?

Its a GAME for gods sake.  Get that big stick out of your ass.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2019, 09:43 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: How do you figure?

There isn't a change to the number of challenges.

Most of the time you don't see both teams use all challenges in the same game. There's a much better chance of that happening plus a better chance for more booth reviews in the last 2 minutes.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2019, 09:32 PM)BengalChris Wrote: It's the product of our society where we now have 40 year olds with the responsibility level of a immoral, never-had-a-job teen.

"Old man mad because people are having fun playing a sport"
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

I must confess that there are times I allow myself to celebrate a bit when my favorite sporting teams do well.  I'm my defense though, I've never scored a TD before. 
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2019, 07:12 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The NFL has a lot of issues, mainly with poor refs so their answer is to over react and take a fun element out of the game. I don't get it.

Neither do the people in charge of this god forsaken league Whatever

The NFL is run by incompetent nitwits who can’t get out of their own way.
Reply/Quote
It's weird...the NFL used to let players dance and celebrate...then they took that away. Then they allowed more of it. Then they took it away. Then they allowed it. Now they pass this rule.

Seems they should have bigger fish to fry...
Reply/Quote
When they kept saying this rule passed, that actually 31 teams voted in favor with only 1 against you just knew? The stubborn old man in the corner Brown himself. Shocker.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2019, 12:03 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's weird...the NFL used to let players dance and celebrate...then they took that away. Then they allowed more of it. Then they took it away. Then they allowed it. Now they pass this rule.

Seems they should have bigger fish to fry...

This is what i was thinking. Sure is looking more and more like these guys running the NFL don't know what they are doing.

Wondering about the reviewing PI rule now even if the Saints got screwed, it might slow the game down which i do not like. Goodell is terrible and he is getting paid tons of money for doing a bad job. I didn't mind the celebrations either, personally i wouldn't do it but it is a game.

I would rather act like i have been in the End Zone before rather than act like a kid but it is a game, have fun.
Reply/Quote