Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smashing Pumpkins
Anytime I hear these guys on the radio it totally takes me back to the 90s. For some reason it reminds me of riding in the car with my parents back then. Amazing how a song or band take you back to what you were doing or where you were at that time. I remember a trip up to Marquette Michigan and swimming in Lake Superior listening to these guys, Toad the Wet Sprocket and Oasis on the radio as we were pulling up to the beach. Is anyone a Pumpkins fan? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKYY8DxVZHE
Reply/Quote
Love the Pumpkins!  Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness and Siamese Dream is two of the best cds to come out of the 90s.  1979 is one of my all time favorite songs. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 01:31 AM)packerbacker Wrote: Anytime I hear these guys on the radio it totally takes me back to the 90s. For some reason it reminds me of riding in the car with my parents back then. Amazing how a song or band take you back to what you were doing or where you were at that time. I remember a trip up to Marquette Michigan and swimming in Lake Superior listening to these guys, Toad the Wet Sprocket and Oasis on the radio as we were pulling up to the beach. Is anyone a Pumpkins fan? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKYY8DxVZHE

Just caught them on a beautiful night in late July or August.

As for Smashing Pumpkins, love the music.  Caught them live at William and Marry in the early '90s and they pulled the plug on the show 45 minutes in because someone threw something onto the stage.  I ran into a buddy from high school as we were exiting the venue and he stated it was the third time he had seen them and also the longest show as Corgan always threw a hissy fit and walked off stage.  I was stunned to hear that it was a regular thing, but even more shocked that this guy would keep spending money to see them for less than 45 minutes each time!
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 01:17 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Love the Pumpkins!  Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness and Siamese Dream is two of the best cds to come out of the 90s.  1979 is one of my all time favorite songs. 
I really liked Gish back in the day. Probably haven't listened to it in over 20 years.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
It's "THE" Smashing Pumpkins. Smashing is an adjective, not a verb. 

/pedantic rant

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Tonight Tonight, Mayonaise and Spaceboy are some of my favorite songs of all time.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 01:31 AM)packerbacker Wrote: Anytime I hear these guys on the radio it totally takes me back to the 90s. For some reason it reminds me of riding in the car with my parents back then. Amazing how a song or band take you back to what you were doing or where you were at that time. I remember a trip up to Marquette Michigan and swimming in Lake Superior listening to these guys, Toad the Wet Sprocket and Oasis on the radio as we were pulling up to the beach. Is anyone a Pumpkins fan? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKYY8DxVZHE

You have great taste in music man, always have been a fan of the Pumpkins.

Disarm, 1979, Bullet with Butterfly Wings, Zero, Tonight tonight (mostly like Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness) lol

But Siamese Dream and Gish were good and the new CD is not bad either, really like Drummer and the Fife.

Billy Corgan has great lyrics and a one of a kind voice..

Hot babe bassist too. Cool
Reply/Quote