Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star Trek: Discovery
There will be a new Star Trek tv series coming next year called Discovery on CBS. Only problem is that it's only going to be on the CBS Service and not on regular tv. The service costs $5.99 per month for limited commercials or $9.99 per month for commercial free programming.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/star-trek-discovery/

As for networks going this route with having a paid service, it's crap! Show the shows on regular tv with commercials like always and stop gouging people for extra money with limited commercials. Seriously, they are making money off individuals AND off advertisements with the $5.99 per month deal.

EDIT: Also, I already pay extra per month on my DirecTV for local channels, this just isn't right, lol.
Reply/Quote
Not worried about its even more of a prequel than Enterprise was... I love star trek but tired of them going the wrong way on the time line.
Reply/Quote
I don't like the original Star Trek, I don't know why, I just don't. I'm watching Star Trek: Voyager now on Netflix and like it although Star Trek: The Next Generation is my favorite. I tried to watch Star Trek: Enterprise but just couldn't get into it and the same went with Star Trek: Deep Space Nine which I despised.

I want to watch this new show coming next year but just can't see spending money on a subscription to watch it.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 03:53 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I don't like the original Star Trek, I don't know why, I just don't. I'm watching Star Trek: Voyager now on Netflix and like it although Star Trek: The Next Generation is my favorite. I tried to watch Star Trek: Enterprise but just couldn't get into it and the same went with Star Trek: Deep Space Nine which I despised.

I want to watch this new show coming next year but just can't see spending money on a subscription to watch it.

I've liked the original series, Next Gen, Voyager, and even Enterprise, but I could just never get into DS9.  I know it's the critic's darling among the many series, but it just never resonated with me.  I remember watching the pilot and thinking "Ok, it's Star Trek, but they never go anywhere?"  I know some love it, but not my cup of tea.

I was excited when they announced a new series, until I learned about the subscription bullshit.  Chuck Lorre, producer of The Big Bang Theory, summed it up well in a vanity card on said show:

Quote:CHUCK LORRE PRODUCTIONS, #509

R.I.P.

Network Television

1948 - 2015

CBS recently announced that it was bringing back the series Star Trek, but not for the CBS network, for a streaming video on demand system called CBS All Access. In lieu of flowers, CBS has requested that mourners send them six bucks a month.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote