Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Sub Forum Ideas?
We're looking to add new sub forums to generate interest in different parts of the boards. We seem to get plenty of traffic to Jungle Noise and PnR, but some parts of the boards are a ghost town. Holic is making a science and discovery thread, but we're also looking for input from you guys. The best and most popular ideas will be used to form a list, then we will make a poll and let you guys vote on at least 1 new sub forum.

We also want to clear out some sub forums that aren't getting any traffic. So lets hear your ideas. ThumbsUp
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Some folks have mentioned sub-forums about History and Science. I'll offer those two up as initial considerations. ThumbsUp
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
I'll throw a few out:

Jeeps/Off-Roading
Automotive
Musicians
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I'm a car guy, love watching those shows on Discovery and Velocity, Diesel Brothers is my favorite show, those guys are nuts. But I know that an Automotive or Car sub-forum wont generate that much interest or traffic.

The two big ones that I think everyone will enjoy and go to would be a History or a Science sub-forum.

I know you only want to add one but maybe consider adding both. I love both subjects with History being above Science.

So if you can only add one my vote would be History.
Reply/Quote
Science and Discovery

History, and all things forgotten

News of the weird (paranormal, UFOs, aliens, and other Sci-Fi that may or may not be an actuality)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Home Improvement
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Comedy - post funny videos, stories, and jokes
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2017, 02:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: News of the weird  (paranormal, UFOs, aliens, and other Sci-Fi that may or may not be an actuality)

I second this one.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2017, 04:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Home Improvement

Many ideas here.  Some could be DIY.. 
Reply/Quote
Clothing-optional forum.

[Image: giphy.gif]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2017, 06:39 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Clothing-optional forum.

[Image: giphy.gif]

I hope you mean a NSFW style forum...and not an 'au naturel' forum for members, and their members?!

[Image: mtEztJg.gif]

LOL
Reply/Quote
1.Grilling.
2.Man Made easy dinners for the family.
3.Home Improvement (mentioned above).
4.How to keep your woman happy so you don't end up working on football Sundays.
5.Landscaping ideas.

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2017, 05:26 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Many ideas here.  Some could be DIY.. 

No doubt. I'm a big DIY'r and some things are great and some are not. 

For instance I will say the most important thing a DIY'r can buy himself is a good set of vice clamps. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
An Iowa Hawkeyes sub forum. All Hawkeyes, all the time.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 12:03 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: An Iowa Hawkeyes sub forum.  All Hawkeyes, all the time.

[Image: tenor.gif]
Reply/Quote
As I mentioned in the post on Friday, a sub-forum on the "Unknown" that would include ufos, paranormal universe, as well as conspiracy theories (without politics involved).
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 12:17 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif]

Ok I'm still laughing at that one! I spit coffee out my nose this morning.

Kirk Ferentz
Hayden Fry
Dan Gable
Dr. Tom Davis
Fran McCafferty
BJ Armstrong
Acie Earl
Bob Sanders
Chuck Long
Robert Gallery
Chad Greenway
Dallas Clark
Alex Karras
Mark Ironside

Jeez Louise, I can go on and on and on.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2017, 01:54 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I'm a car guy, love watching those shows on Discovery and Velocity, Diesel Brothers is my favorite show, those guys are nuts. But I know that an Automotive or Car sub-forum wont generate that much interest or traffic.

The two big ones that I think everyone will enjoy and go to would be a History or a Science sub-forum.

I know you only want to add one but maybe consider adding both. I love both subjects with History being above Science.

So if you can only add one my vote would be History.

Unfortunately, I agree with you.  I would love to see one, but it'd probably be you and I and maybe a couple others in there.....lol.  It would be helpful to bounce ideas off one another, as I do most of my own wrenching as well, but it would most likely be a ghost town.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Travel.

Nature.

Manscaping.

Those are my best suggestions.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Based on your suggestions in this thread, as well as others previously, 4 new subforums have been added to Klotsch: Space, Science & Discovery  -  Do It Yourself  -  Historical Topics  -  The Unknown.

There's a chance that we'll eventually add 1-2 more as well.

Hope y'all enjoy.
Reply/Quote