Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Truck and I love it so far
Over the last few years and doing stuff around the house I realized how often I need something to haul things around.  So I decided to trade in my car and get a truck.  I saved money planning to buy a truck and when I met that goal recently found the truck I wanted.  2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew.  

It has power folding mirrors which is good because I have a single car garage.  It fits with the mirrors out but folding the mirrors in makes it easier to park in the garage.  I was pleasantly surprised at how quiet it is when driving for a truck. It has all the neat stuff like collision detection and blind spot detection as well as Apple Carplay and Android Auto.  So I can plug my iPhone in to the USB push a button on the steering wheel and say something like, "Take me to 1111 Drive, Drive Street, city name, state name," and the GPS pulls it up with voice prompts for directions.  I can even say something like, "Take me to closest Home Depot" and it will do the same.   It is the most advanced vehicle I have ever owned as far as technology.   Overall I really love it so far.  I'm having a Line-X spray in bed liner installed next week as part of the deal.

I'm still learning how to park it as this is the largest vehicle I have had.  The rear view camera helps when backing up but after driving smaller cars over the last 25 years or so it takes some getting used to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I've had a truck like last 25 years and I don't know how I'd be able to get along without one ?
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2020, 03:40 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've had a truck like last 25 years and I don't know how I'd be able to get along without one ?

Yeah I think I'm going to be a truck owner for a long time now.  It is going to be helpful for doing things around the house.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2020, 03:01 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Over the last few years and doing stuff around the house I realized how often I need something to haul things around.  So I decided to trade in my car and get a truck.  I saved money planning to buy a truck and when I met that goal recently found the truck I wanted.  2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew.  

It has power folding mirrors which is good because I have a single car garage.  It fits with the mirrors out but folding the mirrors in makes it easier to park in the garage.  I was pleasantly surprised at how quiet it is when driving for a truck. It has all the neat stuff like collision detection and blind spot detection as well as Apple Carplay and Android Auto.  So I can plug my iPhone in to the USB push a button on the steering wheel and say something like, "Take me to 1111 Drive, Drive Street, city name, state name," and the GPS pulls it up with voice prompts for directions.  I can even say something like, "Take me to closest Home Depot" and it will do the same.   It is the most advanced vehicle I have ever owned as far as technology.   Overall I really love it so far.  I'm having a Line-X spray in bed liner installed next week as part of the deal.

I'm still learning how to park it as this is the largest vehicle I have had.  The rear view camera helps when backing up but after driving smaller cars over the last 25 years or so it takes some getting used to.

[Image: tmODuni.jpg]

[Image: M2bHaGx.jpg]
Super Nice!! I plan on selling everything I own in about 2 years, moving to Wyoming and the Ranger has really caught my eye. The only downside I see is, you can get an F150 at the same price and the mileage isn't much different. Very nice truck George!
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2020, 03:50 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Super Nice!! I plan on selling everything I own in about 2 years, moving to Wyoming and the Ranger has really caught my eye. The only downside I see is, you can get an F150 at the same price and the mileage isn't much different. Very nice truck George!

Thanks!  I had to take my garage into consideration since I didn't want to park it outside.  The same year F150 I think with mirrors folded is 83.5 inches from what I looked up.  My garage door width with trim is 91 inches wide so that would leave me with only a few inches on each side.  My Ranger with power mirrors folded in is 77.8 inches so it works better for me as far as putting it in the garage and not having to worry about catching a mirror on the door. During the test drive I took it home to make sure it fit okay.

But I can see where if garage width isn't an issue the F150 is probably a decent option.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2020, 03:40 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've had a truck like last 25 years and I don't know how I'd be able to get along without one ?

Same here, all but my first pickup have been 4wd.  Though I could never get by with a Ranger, not just for my physical size, but when I tow or haul stuff. 

George, nice purchase, she looks great!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

I was in a borrowed car for a few weeks after I totalled my last truck a while back... Awful! Luckily I'm back in a Silverado Z71 again.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Now George, as a lifelong truck owner, I have to tell ya something.  Once the truck fever get's into your blood, it's there for life.  Sooner or later, the urge will hit you to dress up your truck with any of the wide variety of accessories that are out there. (and there are plenty..)

But, I feel like I can speak on behalf of the community of life long truck owners when I offer this advice.  Whatever you do, do not allow anyone to talk you into putting a "Carolina slouch" package on your fine machine, it's just plain stupid.  Mellow

Not sure what a "Carolina slouch" package is?  Okay, it's when someone has a lift kit installed on only the front axle, and leaves the rear one at factory height.  Never seen it?  Google is there for you..  LOL

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2020, 08:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Now George, as a lifelong truck owner, I have to tell ya something.  Once the truck fever get's into your blood, it's there for life.  Sooner or later, the urge will hit you to dress up your truck with any of the wide variety of accessories that are out there. (and there are plenty..)

But, I feel like I can speak on behalf of the community of life long truck owners when I offer this advice.  Whatever you do, do not allow anyone to talk you into putting a "Carolina slouch" package on your fine machine, it's just plain stupid.  Mellow

Not sure what a "Carolina slouch" package is?  Okay, it's when someone has a lift kit installed on only the front axle, and leaves the rear one at factory height.  Never seen it?  Google is there for you..  LOL

Haha, you caught me  I have already been looking at Tonneau covers, fender flairs, as well as door sill protectors.  No worries, I won't be doing the "Carolina slouch".  I have certainly been looking at accessories but have no plan to lift anything.  I have an 80 pound dog and he is getting older.   So I have been looking at options to make it easier for him to get in the cab.  I tossed together some steps out of some wood I had laying around that works for now but found some folding steps on Amazon that should arrive by the end of the week.   He is a yellow lab and sheds a lot so I already bought a back seat cover and floor liner from Weathertech to keep the hair off the upholstery. 

I have been kind of on the fence about adding dark Ranger lettering to the tailgate like this: 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S4CRB52/

But think I like it as it is.

So yeah I already have the urge to dress things up and add accessories.  Big Grin

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2020, 08:53 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Haha, you caught me  I have already been looking at Tonneau covers, fender flairs, as well as door sill protectors.  No worries, I won't be doing the "Carolina slouch".  I have certainly been looking at accessories but have no plan to lift anything.  I have an 80 pound dog and he is getting older.   So I have been looking at options to make it easier for him to get in the cab.  I tossed together some steps out of some wood I had laying around that works for now but found some folding steps on Amazon that should arrive by the end of the week.   He is a yellow lab and sheds a lot so I already bought a back seat cover and floor liner from Weathertech to keep the hair off the upholstery. 

I have been kind of on the fence about adding dark Ranger lettering to the tailgate like this: 

[color=#000e0][Image: VIF4yK6.jpg][/color]

So yeah I already have the urge to dress things up and add accessories.  Big Grin

Personally, I like the style of the embossed lettering.  If you color it, it sort of defeats the purpose of having it embossed.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2020, 08:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Now George, as a lifelong truck owner, I have to tell ya something.  Once the truck fever get's into your blood, it's there for life.  Sooner or later, the urge will hit you to dress up your truck with any of the wide variety of accessories that are out there. (and there are plenty..)

Yeah... Just put a nutsack on the back, and some longhorn horns on the front.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Nice truck George.

Reply/Quote
I always insisted on having Navigation in my vehicle (it's the Scout in me) until I learned about Android Audio. The only down side is if you lost cell signal.

You must get nerf bars
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Nice truck
Reply/Quote

Here on the west coast, we call that a "California Lift".... Agree dumbest thing I've ever seen.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2020, 08:53 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Haha, you caught me  I have already been looking at Tonneau covers, fender flairs, as well as door sill protectors.  No worries, I won't be doing the "Carolina slouch".  I have certainly been looking at accessories but have no plan to lift anything.  I have an 80 pound dog and he is getting older.   So I have been looking at options to make it easier for him to get in the cab.  I tossed together some steps out of some wood I had laying around that works for now but found some folding steps on Amazon that should arrive by the end of the week.   He is a yellow lab and sheds a lot so I already bought a back seat cover and floor liner from Weathertech to keep the hair off the upholstery. 

[Image: VIF4yK6.jpg]

Fender flairs, you will need bigger tires. If you stay with stock tires and add fender flairs, you will look like a city slicker that doesn't know what he's doing.  Hilarious   Then if you get bigger tires, you'll need to add a leveling kit so the tires fit in front. We can easily get your truck up to around 50K!!   Tongue
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2020, 04:55 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Fender flairs, you will need bigger tires. If you stay with stock tires and add fender flairs, you will look like a city slicker that doesn't know what he's doing.  Hilarious   Then if you get bigger tires, you'll need to add a leveling kit so the tires fit in front. We can easily get your truck up to around 50K!!   Tongue

Oh I despise the look when guys have tires/wheels sticking out like a foot outside the fenders.  :paul:
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2020, 05:12 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Oh I despise the look when guys have tires/wheels sticking out like a foot outside the fenders.  :paul:

I agree with that! I know some states have laws limiting that, or you get mud flaps. Just do it 
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2020, 05:12 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Oh I despise the look when guys have tires/wheels sticking out like a foot outside the fenders.  :paul:

I like my trucks to be low-key badass.  For example, the '06 F-150 that I had for 12 years, had a hyper chip installed.  It maximized torque and shift points, etc., and also gave me better mileage when I kept my foot off the gas.  Man, that chipped out 5.4L would get down..  Anyway, I had no "visual" upgrades installed to hint it was anything other than just another work truck.  It always amused me, when some young dude in a stupid looking slouched truck, loud exhaust, obligatory stupid looking decals on the back window would give me "the look" at a stop light, and then look so agitated when I would just leave them in their own exhaust fumes.

Good times..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2020, 08:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I like my trucks to be low-key badass.  For example, the '06 F-150 that I had for 12 years, had a hyper chip installed.  It maximized torque and shift points, etc., and also gave me better mileage when I kept my foot off the gas.  Man, that chipped out 5.4L would get down..  Anyway, I had no "visual" upgrades installed to hint it was anything other than just another work truck.  It always amused me, when some young dude in a stupid looking slouched truck, loud exhaust, obligatory stupid looking decals on the back window would give me "the look" at a stop light, and then look so agitated when I would just leave them in their own exhaust fumes.

Good times..

Can't stand that either ! You've got a great looking truck or hot rod and you cover it in 5 cent decals you need whupped. 
Reply/Quote