Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
New Uniforms
(01-12-2019, 10:18 AM)SnakeEyez925 Wrote: Please ditch the striped "B" though... it's just a horrible way for the Brown family to sneak their initial on to my Bengals' gear.

Never going to happen. That "B" stands for Brown, as in Paul Brown.... they'll never get rid of it as long as the Brown's own the team.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 11:05 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Never going to happen. That "B" stands for Brown, as in Paul Brown.... they'll never get rid of it as long as the Brown's own the team.

Keep the helmet the same. Change away uniform to the white color rush and change the home black uniforms.

For the color rush, they can change the helmet to a white helmet with black stripes.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 11:18 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Keep the helmet the same.  Change away uniform to the white color rush and change the home black uniforms.  

For the color rush, they can change the helmet to a white helmet with black stripes.

This idea I love.  Why not have two helmets?  And I don't think they will change the helmet design for a long time as it is emblazoned on every seat at PBS.  
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 09:21 AM)treee Wrote: [Image: cincinnati-bengals-riddell.jpg]

I think this would look better with metallic orange on matte black helmet.  Perhaps make the face mask black too.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 11:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This idea I love.  Why not have two helmets?  And I don't think they will change the helmet design for a long time as it is emblazoned on every seat at PBS.  

I absolutely love the color rush uniform, and wish the helmet was black and white. I wonder if they kept it the same color due to the fact the QB is used to looking for that helmet going down the field? 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 11:26 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I think this would look better with metallic orange on matte black helmet.  Perhaps make the face mask black too.

There was a better picture of it circulating on the old boards of it on Marv's desk and it looked sharp as hell. Maybe one of you guys can dig it up somehow.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 11:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I absolutely love the color rush uniform, and wish the helmet was black and white. I wonder if they kept it the same color due to the fact the QB is used to looking for that helmet going down the field? 

It's actually an NFL rule that you can't have alternate helmets. Something to do with player safety.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 11:41 AM)treee Wrote: It's actually an NFL rule that you can't have alternate helmets. Something to do with player safety.

That's great.  The Bengals' helmet is the best headgear in all of sport.  
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 11:41 AM)treee Wrote: It's actually an NFL rule that you can't have alternate helmets. Something to do with player safety.

This. You can have alternate decal designs, but the shell has to be the same. So, a white helmet and an orange hemlet = No. A Orange helmet w/stripes and an orange helmet w/something other than stripes = Yes, but no...keep the stripes.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 11:48 AM)Ravage Wrote: This. You can have alternate decal designs, but the shell has to be the same. So, a white helmet and an orange hemlet = No. A Orange helmet w/stripes and an orange helmet w/something other than stripes = Yes, but no...keep the stripes.

Theoretically you could cover the entire helmet in a white sticker and then apply black stripe stickers, it would just be very painstaking. 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 02:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hilarious btw one of my favorite shows
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'm one of the rare guys who prefer the striped B over the leaping tiger. I always thought the leaping tiger appeared too "thin".
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 11:57 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I'm one of the rare guys who prefer the striped B over the leaping tiger. I always thought the leaping tiger appeared too "thin".

The tiger head logo is even better than that leaping one.

Looks like some elementary school embroidered thing.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 11:48 AM)Ravage Wrote: This. You can have alternate decal designs, but the shell has to be the same. So, a white helmet and an orange hemlet = No. A Orange helmet w/stripes and an orange helmet w/something other than stripes = Yes, but no...keep the stripes.

If it’s such a safety concern, then why do most college teams seem to have an infinite amount of helmets? Hmm
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 11:57 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I'm one of the rare guys who prefer the striped B over the leaping tiger. I always thought the leaping tiger appeared too "thin".

I’m with you. The stripes B is a nice, sharp, clean, logo. The leaping tiger reminds me of something a high school would use.

Reply/Quote
I've always liked this helmet with the switched colors.  Match with black jerset and black pants.  
Away uniform all white color rush with either white helmet black stripes or black helmet with white stripes.  Aren't white tigers Bengal tigers?   
Reply/Quote

This works for me
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 12:32 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: If it’s such a safety concern, then why do most college teams seem to have an infinite amount of helmets? Hmm

They do it for recruiting purposes. We all know Oregon started it. Phil Knight realized that a school that had no tradition had to turn to something else as a selling point. So Nike designed all of these stupid uniforms with 600 different combinations to impress stupid kids. It worked like a charm... The NBA is doing it too. Each team has 97 unis, and they even change the court itself.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 01:40 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: So now that we have "cleaned house" of  Marvin and his coaches and getting new ones and the beginning of a new era, should the Bengals also get a new uniform & helmet make over? Don't get me wrong, I like our current helmet and uniform but if we're going to change them, now would be a good time to do so. Doesn't mean they can't always go back to the stripped helmets. 

What do you guys think?
 If yes, take out your crayons and water colors and submit your designs.  :andy:

New uniform? Sure, why not. New helmets? Absolutely freaking not! 
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 12:32 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: If it’s such a safety concern, then why do most college teams seem to have an infinite amount of helmets? Hmm

I don't know, I don't work for the NFL. I just know it's a rule. However, assuming the NCAA gives a damn about their student-athletes well being is a hilariously bad assumption to make.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/an-nfl-safety-rule-is-limiting-the-full-potential-of-new-uniform-designs-091616

https://uni-watch.com/an-faq-for-the-nfls-helmet-rule/

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/03/eagles-throwbacks-kelly-green-nfl-helmet-rule-patriots-rams
Reply/Quote