Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New York Police Officers Rally in Support of Colin Kaepernick
Meanwhile we're ignoring a group of current officers who sided with him because they are in the minority.

It's almost as if some people think that other people can't be right because it disagrees with what they "know" to be true.

Heck this might be the start of more and more police coming out and calling out their fellow officers for their wrong doings.

We've already seen more football players supporting their fellow athletes who choose to sit for the anthem.  That took a year.

Time will tell.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-21-2017, 09:29 AM)GMDino Wrote: Meanwhile we're ignoring a group of current officers who sided with him because they are in the minority.

It's almost as if some people think that other people can't be right because it disagrees with what they "know" to be true.

I don't think they "can't" be right, I don't think they are.  Why is this a hard concept for you to grasp?

Quote:Heck this might be the start of more and more police coming out and calling out their fellow officers for their wrong doings.

Yes!  Even in a thread in which you use LEO's to make your point you can't help getting a dig in.  

Quote:We've already seen more football players supporting their fellow athletes who choose to sit for the anthem.  That took a year.

Sure, and your point is what?

Quote:Time will tell.

Time will tell what?  Do speak in specifics instead of vague generalities when trying to make a point.  
(08-21-2017, 11:16 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't think they "can't" be right, I don't think they are.  Why is this a hard concept for you to grasp?

Probably because of the response to the OP about "who gives a crap" since they are a minority at this point? But there isn't only one person poo-pooing the story and the people in it.

(08-21-2017, 11:16 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yes!  Even in a thread in which you use LEO's to make your point you can't help getting a dig in.

Well there *are* bad cops. And very rarely are they called out by their own. It is a positive sign in my book. Just like elected officials standing up to people in their own party it is a sign that right is right and wrong is wrong and some are good enough to say it no matter what the personal price.

(08-21-2017, 11:16 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Sure, and your point is what?

That over the course of a year more and more people are willing to side with Kaepernick and what he was trying to draw attention too. Football players and police officers now. Perhaps it is a swing in that direction.

(08-21-2017, 11:16 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Time will tell what?  Do speak in specifics instead of vague generalities when trying to make a point.  

I thought it was clear that the two sentences made a clear point, but I'll rephrase since it seems it was not understood:

Time will tell if the swing toward siding with Kaepernick continues or peters out and if the issues he wants attention on get more attention or get swept under the rug because of HOW he drew attention rather than WHAT he is drawing attention too.

Specifically police treatment and mistreatment of minorities. Something that I am glad to see officers speaking out against now...even if it is only a handful for now. Because even if this only happening to a minority of citizens it needs to be looked at and dealt with as a serious issue. And if it is shown to be more widespread that people would like us to believe (or talk about) then that needs addressed too, obviously.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.