Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New baby boy names
(09-16-2021, 08:41 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Many new parents always seem to want to get cute with their first kid's names, and fail to take into consideration that kid has to wear that moniker the rest of his life. I say stay with simple names that are common. That way when they are growing up and you go to places like Disney, etc, and the kid wants a keychain, mug, or whatever with his name on it, it will be there. Otherwise, there's sorting through the racks then disappointed kids. And then there's school. Case in point, my neighbor just named her son "Maverick." I can tell you right now that kids getting stuffed in a locker every day when he gets to school.

I have kind of a different opinion. I have one of the most common names, James. I get tired of being one of three guys who goes to pick up his food when they call for "James". Also the more common your name is the harder it is for people to remember. I found that many of my friends ended up calling me by my last name.

But while I like less common names I don't like completely made up names. And the absolute worst thing a parent can do is give a child a common name with an unusual spelling. That is just cruel.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2021, 11:19 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I have kind of a different opinion. I have one of the most common names, James. I get tired of being one of three guys who goes to pick up his food when they call for "James". Also the more common your name is the harder it is for people to remember. I found that many of my friends ended up calling me by my last name.

But while I like less common names I don't like completely made up names. And the absolute worst thing a parent can do is give a child a common name with an unusual spelling. That is just cruel.

Or, like in my situation give you the same name as the father:

"Can I speak with Maurice?"

Big Maurice or little Maurice"?

I took that to create a new "tradition"

All the males in my immediate family has the same initials
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Marty Farty and Farty Marty.. Both have served me well and though there is no actual fart in my name it does rhyme well.. Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Kenneth & Anderson

Hope more for the moniker Kenny than Andy...
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2021, 11:19 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I have kind of a different opinion. I have one of the most common names, James. I get tired of being one of three guys who goes to pick up his food when they call for "James". Also the more common your name is the harder it is for people to remember. I found that many of my friends ended up calling me by my last name.

Well in my family, there is a tradition of giving the male baby the father's name as a middle name. So I continued that, let my wife pick his first name, he got my name as a middle name. Had I had another son instead of a daughter, he would have been given my brother's first name as a middle name. It may be stupid, but it's a family tradition, and there are no weird names until you get back into the 1800's.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2021, 03:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Big Maurice or little Maurice"?

Good thing your dad's name was not "Dick".
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2021, 12:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Good thing your dad's name was not "Dick".

I mean, seriously, some kids must grow up wanting to kick their parent's arses for hanging certain monikers on them....
Dick Trickle is probably the worst.
Richard Head- you know where that's going, and I actually know 2 of them.

Parents should think before naming their kids.
Reply/Quote
You could always go with the tried & true "Pete & Re-Pete"

Congratulations on the twins Brownshoe.
Reply/Quote
Mt wife's maiden name is Long, so we could just give one of them the name Peter and have his mothers maiden name
Reply/Quote
Bryson and Tyson just popped in my head immediately.

You could call them Bry and Ty for short. Or BryTy when their together. LOL
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2021, 03:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Or, like in my situation give you the same name as the father:

"Can I speak with Maurice?"

Big Maurice or little Maurice"?

I took that to create a new "tradition"

All the males in my immediate family has the same initials

Your name is Maurice? Do you speak of the pompetous of love?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2021, 11:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Your name is Maurice? Do you speak of the pompetous of love?

[Image: th?id=OIP.ydRXdRcTZZDq-J2ZOyeZ6gAAAA&pid...=236&h=162]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I've always wanted to name a kid Bullregard..Maybe Percival just to be mean to him..

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Perfect names for twin boys....Stelmo and Gideon.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 08:02 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Perfect names for twin boys....Stelmo and Gideon.

i always liked Kodo and Podo...
Reply/Quote
My twin boys were born earlier today. We decided to name them Ronan and Weston. Now I can always tell them the day they were born that the Bengals blew out the Steelers. What a great day
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 03:36 AM)grampahol Wrote: I've always wanted to name a kid Bullregard..Maybe Percival just to be mean to him..

Sounds like D&D character names lol
Reply/Quote
Congratulations on the twin boys! Ronan and Weston are fine names. I do think that you missed a great opportunity to take gramps’ advice and name them “Marty Farty” and “Farty Marty”, but whatevs.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
What? No Joe and Joes? You missed a grand opportunity to name one Puddintain..ask me again I'll tell ya the same.. lol

Congratulations.. It's all down hill from now on. They'll grow up some day and want to kick your ass for telling em to go clean up their rooms..and then want to get paid to do it.. lol

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 05:38 PM)grampahol Wrote: What? No Joe and Joes? You missed a grand opportunity to name one Puddintain..ask me again I'll tell ya the same.. lol

Congratulations.. It's all down hill from now on. They'll grow up some day and want to kick your ass for telling em to go clean up their rooms..and then want to get paid to do it.. lol

I kinda' like Grampahol...but I'm biased.  Lol
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote