Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New coach + a few new castoff scrubs from other teams = worse results
It sure is a New Dey in Bengal land. Team, with healthy starters (save for Green and Glenn) is playing more like the injury riddled team in the second half of last season. Sure we are getting more yards, but that doesn't mean crap when it all adds up to losses.

Marvin Lewis, the know-nothing coach according to some, sure had a higher scoring team to start and two wins at this point last season against two 10-6 playoff bound teams. He also knew how to have a team that could run the ball.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I honestly think we win in Seattle under Marvin and possibly are 2-0, but atleast 1-1.

We could atleast run under his regime.
Reply/Quote
We’re all ticked, but we’re not actually pining for Merv, are we? Seriously?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 08:19 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: We’re all ticked, but we’re not actually pining for Merv, are we? Seriously?
Reply/Quote
Lol now everyone is acting like Marvin was Lombardi?
Look last season we had Boiling and Glenn out there and our rush offense was a lot better. Jordan Smith< Boiling Glenn.
Also while our run Defense was better the first two weeks last season it did get killed in week 3 against Panthers.
Not to expect a dud or two from a young coaching staff/team is a bit silly isn't? Also in Marvins first season the Bengals started 0-3 and got blown out in his first home game.
Let's relax on the pitchforks and Torches for a while.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 08:00 PM)BengalChris Wrote: It sure is a New Dey in Bengal land. Team, with healthy starters (save for Green and Glenn) is playing more like the injury riddled team in the second half of last season. Sure we are getting more yards, but that doesn't mean crap when it all adds up to losses.

Marvin Lewis, the know-nothing coach according to some, sure had a higher scoring team to start and two wins at this point last season against two 10-6 playoff bound teams. He also knew how to have a team that could run the ball.

I liked Marvin more than most in this forum. As I say to those that try to say how much better things are without him; I'll say it to you. Marvin Lewis is no longer the Head Coach of the NFL team from Cincinnati. Let it go. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 08:19 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: We’re all ticked, but we’re not actually pining for Merv, are we? Seriously?

No, we aren't pining for Marv. I thought it was time for Marv go. But I also haven't bought into the New Dey PR Campaign either or that somehow the Front Office has/had no part in the failures of this franchise.

(09-15-2019, 08:28 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Lol now everyone is acting like Marvin was Lombardi? Look last season we had Boiling and Glenn out there and our rush offense was a lot better. Jordan Smith< Boiling Glenn. Also while our run Defense was better the first two weeks last season it did get killed in week 3 against Panthers. Not to expect a dud or two from a young coaching staff/team is a bit silly isn't? Also in Marvins first season the Bengals started 0-3 and got blown out in his first home game. Let's relax on the pitchforks and Torches for a while.

Who's saying that? Exaggerate much?

(09-15-2019, 09:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I liked Marvin more than most in this forum. As I say to those that try to say how much better things are without him; I'll say it to you. Marvin Lewis is no longer the Head Coach of the NFL team from Cincinnati. Let it go. 

I'm really not commenting about Marv, but more the continued ineptitude that is our Front Office. ZT may be a very good coach, but no one is ever going to find that out in Cincinnati.

Reply/Quote
I do think we're atleast 1-1 under Marvin and maybe we have a better draft and free agency period.
Reply/Quote
We wanted Marv gone, but we wanted a good coach to replace him. And a coach that cares joe get decent coaches under him. Christ, at least Miami has a plan.

Preston Brown needs to be released. Play Pratt.

Find a guard on the waiver wire somewhere. Price got in a little and looked bad. Johnson needs a couple years. Put the two scrub tackles out there to cover their end and I realize they might need the TE to help out. Hart is horrible as well.

Let Darrius Phillips replace Dre.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 10:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I do think we're atleast 1-1 under Marvin and maybe we have a better draft and free agency period.

We would already been 0-3 under Merv. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote