Poll: Which coaching change are you most excited/intrigued about?
Lazor - permanent OC
Bicknell - WR
Pollack - OL
Livingstone - DB
Austin - DC
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New coach you're most excited about?
(01-12-2018, 07:55 AM)sonofstat Wrote: Looks like the coaching changes are pretty much done and dusted....so who are you most excited about?    or if excitement is too strong a word at least most intrigued about!?

Without out a question Frank Pollack, we have been needing a guy like this for our O-line since McNally.

He even has McNally lineage with Callahan pretty much being his mentor. Looking for major improvement on the O-line
which in turn helps out the entire team as a whole more than anything else. Wouldn't matter if Lazor is a great OC if the
QB has no time and the OL opens up no holes for the RB's.

(01-12-2018, 07:59 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I voted Austin for 1 reason. Not because I'm sold on him, but from what I am hearing, he's a disciplinarian. We lack discipline in this organization and I feel that is something we need to target in coaches. We've got talent bursting at the seems. However the lack of discipline kills all that.

Thanks for making me feel better about Austin Harley even if the dude is pretty much from the armpitt.

Definately need more discipline on this entire team which is why i like the Pollack grab so much.

He is a big, mean looking sumbitch. He will get respect from his players. Exact opposite of that fat turd pianist.
Reply/Quote
Pollock..... the oline is the single biggest problem on this team. Hopefully, he will fix it.
Reply/Quote
I went with Pollack but also think it goes hand in hand with Lazor.

The fact that he identified the problems and then pushed to implement change is huge.

The coach I'm least excited about is Marvin.

The SSDG(same shit different game)coaching makes me want to toss a brick at my TV.

Hopefully this season we see a well disciplined/prepared team that executes.

Coaches who don't just sit on their hands and quote in pressers that it is "not their job" to motivate professional players.

If that is the case.  Why even stand on the sidelines?  Why not just coach from their home office? LOL

We can dream that one of the OCs/DCs says to our HC "No Marv.  Second half adjustments are not a myth!!"
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 08:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pollack. The oline has been holding this team back for 2 years. I’m excited to see if he can fix it.

More than 2 years  but you are correct.  :andy:
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I am excited about Van Pelt. Not only did he coach Rodgers, but look at the QB ratings of the other QBs he coached with and without Van Pelt. There were marked improvements for every single one....and they were not a list of star QBs either.

As for Pollack, I am a little more reserved (still excited) on him. He spent 2 years in DAL, and had a group consisting of very good players who were very high draft picks already in place for him. I think he will do well, but I really dont know how well he develops younger guys like the Bengals like.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 01:41 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I went with Pollack but also think it goes hand in hand with Lazor.

The fact that he identified the problems and then pushed to implement change is huge.

The coach I'm least excited about is Marvin.

The SSDG(same shit different game)coaching makes me want to toss a brick at my TV.

Hopefully this season we see a well disciplined/prepared team that executes.

Coaches who don't just sit on their hands and quote in pressers that it is "not their job" to motivate professional players.

If that is the case.  Why even stand on the sidelines?  Why not just coach from their home office? LOL

We can dream that one of the OCs/DCs says to our HC "No Marv.  Second half adjustments are not a myth!!"

Great points
Reply/Quote
Since our O Line was the worst compared to all other positions, I also went with Pollack. Our defense was decent enough to win games. If our O line plays well, the quarterback and rest of offensive will take care of itself. Dalton is a guy that needs time, unlike other guys (Big Ben, Rodgers, Russell Willson) that can scramble or buy time.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 01:46 PM)Beaker Wrote: I am excited about Van Pelt. Not only did he coach Rodgers, but look at the QB ratings of the other QBs he coached with and without  Van Pelt. There were marked improvements for every single one....and they were not a list of star QBs either.

As for Pollack, I am a little more reserved (still excited) on him. He spent 2 years in DAL, and had a group consisting of very good players who were very high draft picks already in place for him. I think he will do well, but I really dont know how well he develops younger guys like the Bengals like.

So we got Van Pelt as the QB coach eh? Thanks Beaker, i didn't know he coached Rodgers, another nice hire. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 01:46 PM)Beaker Wrote: I am excited about Van Pelt. Not only did he coach Rodgers, but look at the QB ratings of the other QBs he coached with and without  Van Pelt. There were marked improvements for every single one....and they were not a list of star QBs either.

Yeah, I'm a little more reserved than most on Pollack too. He took over Callahan's squad which had 3 extremely talented #1's on it. I'm in and wait and see mode with him. Hopefully, he comes in here and proves he's a really good coach that can evaluate, teach and develop talent. 

I'm also looking forward to seeing what Austin does with the defensive unit. 
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 03:10 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, I'm a little more reserved than most on Pollack too. He took over Callahan's squad which had 3 extremely talented #1's on it. I'm in and wait and see mode with him. Hopefully, he comes in here and proves he's a really good coach that can evaluate, teach and develop talent. 

I'm also looking forward to seeing what Austin does with the defensive unit. 

now that browns spy and  stepson alexander is gone..offensicve line with pollack should be much better

2 offensive linemen..another linebacker to help Burfict..bengals should be fine
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 12:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I predict Pollack will win in a landslide and not so much for who he is, but rather for who he replaced.

True story 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Agree 

but with all the changes going on with MB seemingly giving up some power to Marvin. 

Just maybe Pollack is aloud to buy a nice puzzle piece for OL in FA.  

Please Lord let it be a Center, lol

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I voted Pollack for many of the same reasons, but consider how they signed him. They put together a plan to look at multiple coaches and then QUICKLY signed him within hours of his release.

Some would call it knee jerk for a big name, but when's the last time they were accused of doing that and not being stuck in theit ways? That's the kind of thing that could signal signing a vet OL for above market value to fill a gaping need. Just a glimmer of change is worth it to me.
Reply/Quote
The new coach that has me most excited is not listed in poll...the QB Van Pelt. I am also hopeful that Pollack will be a gem here as the Cowboys seemed to have top Offensive Line production.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Pollack AND VanPelt.. The offense is probably going to look far different than it has over the past several seasons. 
To be honest I don't necessarily expect a lot of early success because it may take awhile for everyone to get on the same page, but once they do I hope they can light things up and we'll as usual have some new faces playing, some already on the team, but rookies and perhaps even a few free agents besides the same old same old type FAs.. 
I'm thinking we'll drop a few games early on, but nothing like this past one..
Something else we might see is players everyone hates suddenly playing the way they're expected to play instead of playing the way nobody liked them playing.. You know it is possible that our worse offensive line guys were just not being taught properly ..We weren't all complaining about PA just for shitz and giggles.. Oh wait..we were..giggles and..well..you know who..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 03:57 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The new coach that has me most excited is not listed in poll...the QB Van Pelt.  I am also hopeful that Pollack will be a gem here as the Cowboys seemed to have top Offensive Line production.

yeah sorry ...went a bit early on this poll as I thought they were done!

I know some wanted Marv gone to really drive change but to be fair with all these new hires now on both sides of the ball we have probably got the best chance of genuine coaching, scheme and attitude change since forever
Reply/Quote
I chose Pollack, OL. But it's really the fact that Alexander is not coaching OL. Or anywhere else on the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 03:06 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I chose Pollack, OL.  But it's really the fact that Alexander is not coaching OL.  Or anywhere else on the Bengals.

Many feel the same way.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I went with Bill Lazor because it's looking like he will be a HUGE peice of the Bengals immediate future.

Edit: 2018 will be the first season Marvin Lewis will have had his own staff in place lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
i want to vote for new marv
Reply/Quote