Poll: Which coaching change are you most excited/intrigued about?
Lazor - permanent OC
Bicknell - WR
Pollack - OL
Livingstone - DB
Austin - DC
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New coach you're most excited about?
Gotta say Pollack. It's time to see if the high draft picks at tackle were wasted picks or it was a coach not reaching them. I think Ced and Fisher have the talent, but the scheme and coaching didn't fit their strengths. Maybe a new voice and new direction gets this line clicking and helps the running game which helps the entire team. Less pressure on Andy and less time on the field for the defense.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I voted Lazor.  The fact we were playing with a playbook cobbled together from 3 different offenses and the uptick in blocking at the end of the season (largely credited to Lazor), have me intrigued to see what will happen with a full off-season to implement his system.

Overall, I like most of the hires this offseason.  I didn't want Marv back, but hopefully we'll see if it was he or MB holding us back...I'm very willing to eat crow (and happy to eat crow) if we can get deep into the playoffs the next couple years.
Reply/Quote
Austin because he demands order and discipline, which Marvin hasn’t done that yet in his career, and this team needs that. I’m also excited for him because he’ll be aggressive.

That’s who I’m most EXCITED about, but I’m HAPPIEST with Pollack because our line has been shit and we have the skill position players to be good.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 07:20 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Austin because he demands order and discipline, which Marvin hasn’t done that yet in his career, and this team needs that. I’m also excited for him because he’ll be aggressive.

That’s who I’m most EXCITED about, but I’m HAPPIEST with Poklack because our line has been shit and we have the skill position players to be good.

Poklack? Lol

Reply/Quote
Pollck and it's not even close. He obviously realizes the importance of the interior line. He (or someone) convinced Jerry to pass on his lovechild, Johnny Football, and choose a boring OG. He also made the "reach" with Frederick in the first round. I'm excited to see a guy that should have some strong opinions about how the line in Dallas was built - and it wasn't with 6th and 7th round projects.
Reply/Quote
Pollack.. a change was needed.. we talk about giving him good players to work with.. a good coach also coaches players up.. so lets see what he can do with what we have, what we draft and what we sign in FA.. but he seems to be on a roll as a coach and lets hope it keeps going with us.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 11:29 PM)bonesaw Wrote: i want to vote for new marv

First we'll have to see if such a person exists.  History screams not.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I just wish we had a new HC.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 09:53 PM)Wyche Wrote: I just wish we had a new HC.

My feelings as well. It's hard for me to get excited about a position coach when Marvin is still standing tall. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I voted Austin, because I think we have the pieces there to be a top 15 defense now. I think he will bring more intensity and discipline to this unit and he will hold players more accountable. I truly believe we will cut Adam Jones this offseason as we saw in 2017 he wasn't needed and we save @ 6 million in cap money!! I also believe Austin will bring in some outside guys to fill valuable roles for us, and he will find a way to make Lawson a beast in 2018!!
Reply/Quote
I am not excited by any coach move. It is a players league if we can sign a couple of impact players we will be fine. As long as our coaches coach to our players strengths they will be fine.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 04:35 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Pollck and it's not even close. He obviously realizes the importance of the interior line. He (or someone) convinced Jerry to pass on his lovechild, Johnny Football, and choose a boring OG. He also made the "reach" with Frederick in the first round. I'm excited to see a guy that should have some strong opinions about how the line in Dallas was built - and it wasn't with 6th and 7th round projects.
Pretty sure it was Jerry’s son that was against drafting Manziel.
(01-16-2018, 02:46 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I am not excited by any coach move. It is a players league if we can sign a couple of impact players we will be fine. As long as our coaches coach to our players strengths they will be fine.
Nope. That would be the NBA. I’d argue the NFL is the league where coaching is the MOST important.

Reply/Quote
Pollack. Maybe wishful thinking, but I just want somebody who doesn't fall in love with guys who can't play, and think they can make them act different.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 02:46 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I am not excited by any coach move. It is a players league if we can sign a couple of impact players we will be fine. As long as our coaches coach to our players strengths they will be fine.

I think the excitement lies in the fact that we might actually have real coaches in place that can identify the strengths of current and future players to use them properly and display the natural talents that got them to the NFL in the first place?

Reply/Quote