Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New field for 2024 approved
Hamilton County Commission today approved new field turf for Paycor prior to the start of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
That’s good news as long as I ignore paying the way for a multi-billion dollar business. Which I will.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Here's a link with the story.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2024/2/22/24080363/bengals-fieldturf-paycor-stadium-2024-season?fbclid=IwAR3JKzw4q7opjlAnwSJZXaFkfdcJwmj4TuybR4B0KCXWcySPNZOBkWFaHAU
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
New midfield logo please
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2024, 08:36 PM)QueenCity Wrote: New midfield logo please

not happening with Joey B here

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2024, 08:37 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: not happening with Joey B here

What does our QB have to do with changing the mid-field logo lol
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2024, 08:36 PM)QueenCity Wrote: New midfield logo please

I agree, the "B" is overdue for an update.  Hopefully something with the profile of a Bengal Tiger head, or paw with claws about to rip.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This is not a huge expense for them. The grading and drainage is already done. It is just changing out turf. I am in the process of putting the same in at one of our high schools and had to do the entire package of drainage, base, and all for under a million. Maumee Bay Turf aka Turf Nation is also doing my field with the exact same material. He told me months ago he was doing Paycor Field so I choose the same Turf. I would guess 500000- 550000 for their new turf.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2024, 08:57 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: This is not a huge expense for them. The grading and drainage is already done. It is just changing out turf. I am in the process of putting the same in at one of our high schools and had to do the entire package of drainage, base, and all for under a million. Maumee Bay Turf aka Turf Nation is also doing my field with the exact same material. He told me months ago he was doing Paycor Field so I choose the same Turf. I would guess 500000- 550000 for their new turf.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bengals-announce-new-turf-is-coming-to-paycor-stadium-ahead-of-2024-season/ar-BB1iJ9Pr
"Hamilton County Commissioners unanimously voted Thursday to purchase new turf for Paycor Stadium, which will cost taxpayers $981,461."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2023/07/11/nfl-national-revenue-was-almost-12-billion-in-2022/?sh=7e4bed732d74
That's $12b in just national revenue, so not counting local. Kind of absurd regardless of how much the expense is.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2024, 08:44 PM)QueenCity Wrote: What does our QB have to do with changing the mid-field logo lol

it unintentionally doubles as the first letter of Joe's last name

so the B is working 2 levels

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2024, 05:13 PM)michaelsean Wrote: That’s good news as long as I ignore paying the way for a multi-billion dollar business. Which I will.

It's the way the NFL works.   If you want a team, the tax payers have to support it, otherwise you end up like Oakland.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2024, 09:44 PM)Stewy Wrote: It's the way the NFL works.   If you want a team, the tax payers have to support it, otherwise you end up like Oakland.

Oh I know.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2024, 09:44 PM)Stewy Wrote: It's the way the NFL works.   If you want a team, the tax payers have to support it, otherwise you end up like Oakland.

Only if you keep allowing it.

Panthers
Texans
Patriots
Giants/Jets
Dolphins
Rams/Chargers

That's 1/4th of the NFL that aren't playing in taxpayer funded stadiums.

When it comes time that the NFL decides that our stadium isn't new enough for their tastes, I can't see how $1.5b+ is worth 8-10 ever-increasingly-unaffordable games a year. What are they going to do? If they keep moving a lot of teams, it's going to kill their brand as it gets detached from cities and becomes more mercenary. Besides, there's only so many viable markets.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2024, 10:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Only if you keep allowing it.

Panthers
Texans
Patriots
Giants/Jets
Dolphins
Rams/Chargers

When it comes time that the NFL decides that our stadium isn't new enough for their tastes, I can't see how $1.5b+ is worth 8-10 ever-increasingly-unaffordable games a year. What are they going to do? If they keep moving a lot of teams, it's going to kill their brand as it gets detached from cities and becomes more mercenary. Besides, there's only so many viable markets.

Cleveland rumor has it that Jimmy Haslam wants to build his own domed stadium out in the burbs for the Browns so he can control everything.  Others think it is just a negotiating play for Cleveland and Cuyahoga County to pony up lots of dollars to keep the stadium in the city

Reply/Quote

Panthers
Texans
Patriots
Giants/Jets
Dolphins
Rams/Chargers

Hopefully you aren't really this naive.  Name every city associated with those teams, secondly name the city where the Bengals are from......lastly what do those cities have in common that is completely lacking in the city where the Bengals play?

The answer is right there, why you're argument has no merit.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2024, 09:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bengals-announce-new-turf-is-coming-to-paycor-stadium-ahead-of-2024-season/ar-BB1iJ9Pr
"Hamilton County Commissioners unanimously voted Thursday to purchase new turf for Paycor Stadium, which will cost taxpayers $981,461."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2023/07/11/nfl-national-revenue-was-almost-12-billion-in-2022/?sh=7e4bed732d74
That's $12b in just national revenue, so not counting local. Kind of absurd regardless of how much the expense is.
They must be doing a complete tearout. Almost the exact price we are paying for the complete install.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2024, 12:25 AM)WhodeyRay Wrote: They must be doing a complete tearout. Almost the exact price we are paying for the complete install.

and who really knows what requirements the NFL has in place that may up the price.  The higher price might also be impacted by how quickly it needs to be completed

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2024, 05:13 PM)michaelsean Wrote: That’s good news as long as I ignore paying the way for a multi-billion dollar business. Which I will.

They agreed to the contract.  
Reply/Quote

Panthers
Texans
Patriots
Giants/Jets
Dolphins
Rams/Chargers

Bengals and Browns could both relocate to Columbus and share a stadium there!
Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote