Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New final best mock.
I have us trading up with one of our 5th round comp picks in the 3rd to grab shaqueem griffin with our second 3rd rounder. I feel like this draft has got cinci written all over it.

1. Da’Ron Payne DTACKLE Alabama- Geno Atkins and Da’Ron Payne....just think about that for a second. Yea run defense solved. Top 5 D.
2. Frank Ragnow Center Arkansas- mauler upfront who can handle the afc north DTackles, his pass pro is on pace as well.
3. Rasheem Green DE USC- Dunlap insurance and amazing peice to our rotation off the edge.
3. Shaqueem Griffin Linebacker UCF- can’t help it but he’s a sav and all over the field. He’s a steal here.
4. Deshon Elliot Safety Texas- we need a ballhawk and he lead the country in INT’s. Fits the bill.
5. Alex Cappa OT Humbolt State- small school prospect with day 1 potential on our right side.
5. Wyatt Teller OG Virginia Tech- looks like incognito and hell when he blocks his shadowing doesn’t detour. Mauler!!
6. Bo Scarborough RB Alabama- anything happens to mixon or Gio insert Bo
7. Kyle Allen QB Houston- All the makings of our future.
Reply/Quote
Love the DeShon Elliot pick, I would take LB sooner though.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
I like it. Would prefer Jewell as a 3rd round LB over the others, and think that both a WR and TE will be taken at some point, but this looks like a good haul. 
Reply/Quote
I really like Rds 2-4. Some personal favorites in there.

I'm not a fan of a run-stuffing DT in Rd 1 personally, but I get why some would want a run stuffer in the 1st after last year..
Billings was touted as being an elite run stuffer too just two years ago, has only played one season, and is just 23 years old. There should still be optimism he can become something special.
People seem to have already written him off because of his first year actually playing (which he was coming back from a big injury).
I fully believe the Bengals got Baker as a stopgap for Billings to be groomed. I'd honestly be shocked at this point if they go after a 1st rd NT.

In terms of the late-rd picks (Rds 5-7), you have the picks slotted wrong.
There is no 6th round pick. It was traded to BUF for their 5th. So the Bengals actually have three 5th rounders and no 6th rounders.
And the Bengals have two 7th round comp picks, which you don't have listed.

Last, while I like Cappa, I don't see the Bengals going after a guy with under 33" arm length to play RT. He might find a home at RG though, which would also play to his strength in the run game.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2018, 07:43 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I like it. Would prefer Jewell as a 3rd round LB over the others, and think that both a WR and TE will be taken at some point, but this looks like a good haul. 

Jewell is another role player like vigil Evans and rey. Provides nothing on day 1 and will probably be a back up his entire career. Griffin is a late first early second if he has two hands and if ur a technician at ur game u don’t need hands, so jewell, No thanks. And although wr and te may be addressed I don’t find them bigger needs when thinking about this season. Re sign Eifert or Kroft next year and draft one.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2018, 09:57 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I really like Rds 2-4. Some personal favorites in there.

I'm not a fan of a run-stuffing DT in Rd 1 personally, but I get why some would want a run stuffer in the 1st after last year..
Billings was touted as being an elite run stuffer too just two years ago, has only played one season, and is just 23 years old. There should still be optimism he can become something special.
People seem to have already written him off because of his first year actually playing (which he was coming back from a big injury).
I fully believe the Bengals got Baker as a stopgap for Billings to be groomed. I'd honestly be shocked at this point if they go after a 1st rd NT.

In terms of the late-rd picks (Rds 5-7), you have the picks slotted wrong.
There is no 6th round pick. It was traded to BUF for their 5th. So the Bengals actually have three 5th rounders and no 6th rounders.
And the Bengals have two 7th round comp picks, which you don't have listed.

Last, while I like Cappa, I don't see the Bengals going after a guy with under 33" arm length to play RT. He might find a home at RG though, which would also play to his strength in the run game.
Reply/Quote

Whoops...so take bo in the seventh. I prefer my other mock over this one but just wanted to see what could be done if we went DTACKLE in the first and how it may shape our approach later in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2018, 06:41 AM)Takedown Wrote: Love the DeShon Elliot pick, I would take LB sooner though.

#metoo. My other mock which I prefer I have us going Rashaan Evans in 1. The rest of the draft just falls in our lap so take a look at that one too
Reply/Quote
I'd like this draft a lot really.   It addresses most of our pressing needs very nicely.  Payne should be a heck of a player, Ragnow is one of my favorites.   Love the Elliot, Griffin, Cappa and Teller picks if they make it that far.   I would be very satisfied with this draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like it a lot, although i agree with Ocho about Billings, think it is way too soon to write the guy off this is not messing around.

We fix the run game on both sides of the ball with this Draft. Rock On
Reply/Quote