Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New found respect for Marvin
(01-07-2016, 12:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, it was so simple that every other team in the league won that way....oh wait, nevermind.  No other team was able to do this.

Yeah, I remember that strategy all too well..  We "threw" the game against the Jets in regular season, only to get housed by them in the playoffs..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 01:35 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, I remember that strategy all too well..  We "threw" the game against the Jets in regular season, only to get housed by them in the playoffs..

By this guy, for crying out loud...

[Image: Mark-Sanchez-butt-fumble.gif]

(Who's butt fumble will never stop being funny.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 11:19 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Mike Zimmer was a good coordinator in Dallas before he ever came to Cincinnati. In '00-'06 with Dallas, he had a top-5 defense twice (#1 in 2003). Mike Zimmer then made Paul Guenther and handed him the extremely impressive defense he had built up for years.

Jay Gruden wasn't created by Lewis either. Pretty sure he got coached up by his Super Bowl winning HC brother in Tampa Bay. (He was an offensive assistant there for 7 years.)

Ray Horton wasn't a Bengals coach when Lewis was. While Lewis was HC, he was a Steelers coach mostly.

I'll give Lewis credit for Hue, though. Hue will probably go and be a pretty impressive HC somewhere. (Heck, the dude made Oakland have a non-losing season twice in a row. Basically a miracle already. Lol)
- - - - - - -

All that aside, it doesn't change the fact the guy hasn't won a postseason game in 12 years/3 completely different teams. Before Coughlin quit after Week 17, the three longest tenured HC at their current jobs were Belichick, Lewis, and Coughlin.

Belichick: 4 SB Wins, 2 more SB appearances
Lewis: 0 Playoff Wins
Coughlin: 2 SB Wins

One isn't like the others. Dude needs to win this year, or he needs to go. Already wasted enough of a lot of great players careers and all of their rookie pay years. Want to know something crazy? Next season AJ Green will be 28, Dalton will be almost 29, Atkins will be 28, Michael Johnson will be 29. NFL careers don't last long.
Don't worry.  We have all of these A+ guys just waiting to step in and replace them. Ninja
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Mike Zimmer, Katie Blackburn and Duke Tobin. These are the people behind the Bengals resurgence in the last 5 years, not Lewis.

The HC position in the NFL is WAAAY overrated. It's all about having a good GM, making good draft picks, and talented co-ordinators. I would like to see a new HC in Cincy, but I also like the model the Bengals have at the moment, HC and backroom continuity with a steady turnover of talented co-ordinators.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 02:52 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: By this guy, for crying out loud...

[Image: Mark-Sanchez-butt-fumble.gif]

(Who's butt fumble will never stop being funny.)

That guy had playoff games against the Pats and Steelers where he posted a passer rating over 120.

Plus in '09 he had both the #1 running game and the #1 defense in the league while the Bengals limped into that game playing on fumes.
Reply/Quote