Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New locker room too
The NFLPA player survey last season gave the Bengals poor locker room scores. Looks like they are fixing that

<

Quote:When the Bengals play their 25th season in Paycor Stadium this year, they'll be running onto a new field from a locker room that has been substantially upgraded.

The massive locker room renovation is designed to leave a space that won't be recognizable to the team that packed up after beating the Browns last month in the final game of the season. The project has already begun and involves overhauling ceilings, flooring, restrooms, and showers, as well as installing state-of-the-art lockers.

The target completion date is Week 1 and until then players are using two adjoining locker rooms about 50 yards from the main one.

Bengals Director of Operations Jeff Brickner and equipment manager Adam Knollman, along with representatives of ownership, researched the latest locker-room models in both the college and NFL.

"We view it as the players' office, where they go to work every day, and we believe this meets their every need now and, in the future," Brickner says. "Until then, no one is going to miss a beat. Locker rooms B and C allow us to operate like we have. You only have one chance to make a first impression and we're going to make sure it's completed before we make that first impression."

The locker room renovation and field installation are just two of several offseason projects underway in the building, according to stadium managing director Steve Johnson.

New club seats, updated concessions equipment and an upgraded stadium TV system are among the major gameday enhancements, as well as the plaza expansion outside of Gate D by Elm Street, which aims to open up the stadium to fans more easily and drive more connectivity with The Banks.

"Because of the changes in the dynamic of the city with the entertainment district down the road, we're basically tripling the size of the entrance," Johnson says. "It allows fans much easier passage in and out of the stadium."

The continued investment into Paycor Stadium with these projects, along with the enhancements into the stadium last year, aim to keep the building a best-in-class stadium for fans and players alike. All projects are set to be completed by the start of the 2024 season.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Cool
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The video I have seen made the old one look alright. I am wondering what was the cause of the poor scores.

Glad they are upgrading in any case.

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2024, 04:54 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: The video I have seen made the old one look alright. I am wondering what was the cause of the poor scores.

Glad they are upgrading in any case.

The NFLPA's record card gave the Bengals' locker room a "D" with the following summary: "94% of players feel like they have enough space, but players feel that the locker room desperately needs to be renovated.
  • Many showers and toilets do not work
  • Lockers do not have outlets for players to charge devices"

The summary also noted: "they are the only team that does not have outlets in their lockers to charge devices."
https://nflpa.com/cincinnati-bengals-report-card
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2024, 05:07 PM)Nepa Wrote: The NFLPA's record card gave the Bengals' locker room a "D" with the following summary: "94% of players feel like they have enough space, but players feel that the locker room desperately needs to be renovated.

The summary also noted: "they are the only team that does not have outlets in their lockers to charge devices."

Sounds like they need to bring in some Plumbers and Electricians...

That is a pretty major deal, would have to rip out the walls and everything, put in the proper plumbing and electrical and refinish it all.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2024, 05:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sounds like they need to bring in some Plumbers and Electricians...

That is a pretty major deal, would have to rip out the walls and everything, put in the proper plumbing and electrical and refinish it all.

Honestly, look at some of the college football locker rooms, and the Bengals one is definitely a major downgrade. However, some NFL teams are trying to catch up. Check out the Jags new locker room for what teams are going to nowadays. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2024, 03:18 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Honestly, look at some of the college football locker rooms, and the Bengals one is definitely a major downgrade. However, some NFL teams are trying to catch up. Check out the Jags new locker room for what teams are going to nowadays. 

The new LSU women's basketball lockerroom is pretty crazy too.  They even have a style salon so they can do their hair and make up.

The chairs in front of the Jags' lockers are a big upgrade from the Bengals' folding chairs.

Hopefully, they will have a special locker section for JoeyB's microwave and perpetual chess game board

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2024, 11:21 AM)pally Wrote: The new LSU women's basketball lockerroom is pretty crazy too.  They even have a style salon so they can do their hair and make up.

The chairs in front of the Jags' lockers are a big upgrade from the Bengals' folding chairs.

Hopefully, they will have a special locker section for JoeyB's microwave and perpetual chess game board

and a mirror so he can see his outfits before he goes out in public with them 
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2024, 05:07 PM)Nepa Wrote: The NFLPA's record card gave the Bengals' locker room a "D" with the following summary: "94% of players feel like they have enough space, but players feel that the locker room desperately needs to be renovated.

Ah that makes sense. You don't learn about the parts that aren't working from the pictures. 

Reply/Quote
Want to see the new locker rooms if I lived closer. Need a new locker room these days in all sports teams.
Ready for May Day and Spring Fever!
Reply/Quote

For real? An NFL lockerroom that has shitters clogged//
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Once the Hamilton Co tax payers felt they were getting the shaft back in the day, they opted to just stop maintaining them, with the thought "well...the river IS right there..."
Which I guess was fine for then, but this is 2024 and taking a constitutional in public is SEVERELY frowned upon in both the courts of law AND the court of public opinion.
Reply/Quote
I thought we were over these days......

I also thought they redid the locker when Zac was hired (along with the offices).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2024, 01:23 AM)bfine32 Wrote: For real? An NFL lockerroom that has shitters clogged//

The shitter was full!!!
Reply/Quote
Are they still recycling jock straps?

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2024, 01:23 AM)bfine32 Wrote: For real? An NFL lockerroom that has shitters clogged//

What do expect,  you have 70 or so very large men eating thousands of calories a day taking massive dumps in there. Maybe the players need to exercise the "courtesy flush" every time they drop a loaf. 
As for not being able to charge their phone at their locker...... spoiled much? 
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2024, 10:29 AM)jj22 Wrote: I thought we were over these days......

I also thought they redid the locker when Zac was hired (along with the offices).

I did too, along with the gym and the lighting.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2024, 04:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: What do expect,  you have 70 or so very large men eating thousands of calories a day taking massive dumps in there. Maybe the players need to exercise the "courtesy flush" every time they drop a loaf. 
As for not being able to charge their phone at their locker...... spoiled much? 

Wouldn't want to be the septic dude lol

It seems everybody is spoiled but us from what I am hearing.

(02-26-2024, 04:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I did too, along with the gym and the lighting.

They definitely did a renovation last year or the year before, I remember the pictures. But redoing the Plumbing and Electrical is a big deal.
Reply/Quote
They redid the training room before last season not the actual locker room and lounge area.

The players no longer have playbooks...they have electronic tablets that need charging which they can't do at their lockers right now because there are no plugs

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2024, 05:50 PM)pally Wrote: They redid the training room before last season not the actual locker room and lounge area.  

The players no longer have playbooks...they have electronic tablets that need charging which they can't do at their lockers right now because there are no plugs

Ah, cool, thanks for clearing that up Pally. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote