Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New locker room too
(02-29-2024, 12:03 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I feel like I have seen you complain about this for several years in a row now. It's always been like this, though. Elite companies in various industries have always provided top notch amenities and the state of the nation is irrelevant to that, frankly. Google employees, on top of their very healthy salaries, have nap pods and free lunches provided to them daily for example. Hell, the company that I work for allows us to work fully remote and takes us on two vacations per year - a fishing trip in Arkansas and somewhere international (usually Canada, Mexico or somewhere tropical). If I were to leave and go somewhere else, these perks would undoubtedly be gone. If I was tasked with giving a report card, I would also probably rate that new company low in those categories.

This is also another thing. Do we know that they are actually whining? You keep saying that but from everything I have read, you are just making an assumption. The players have voiced their desire for these things, but that doesn't mean they are actually complaining. There's a big difference between...

"Yeah, it'd be cool if the Bengals offered all three meals every day. I'd like to see that at some point. I know most other teams do that."

Versus

"I think it's ridiculous that the Bengals don't offer us every meal, every day, man. I don't know what they are doing, but it is ridiculous that this one of the only teams that doesn't."

Keep in mind, they are being prompted by a survey to provide their thoughts. They aren't just going out and voicing them. 

This reminds me of the scene in Money Ball where David Justice (traded from the Yankees to the As) tries to use the soda vending machine in the As clubhouse. He can't figure out how to get it to work and then realizes he actually has to pay for the soda. 

He really wasn't upset; it was more so just eye opening to him. He mentioned it to Billy Beane (As GM) and when Billy Beane is negotiating a trade later in the movie regarding one of his players, he wants the other team to throw in "stocking his soda machine for a year" with the player hes trading away. 

Always found that funny and it actually reminds me of stories from the 90s Bengals players - how they had to bring their own towels for the showers, own gatorade, etc. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 12:03 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I feel like I have seen you complain about this for several years in a row now. It's always been like this, though. Elite companies in various industries have always provided top notch amenities and the state of the nation is irrelevant to that, frankly. Google employees, on top of their very healthy salaries, have nap pods and free lunches provided to them daily for example. Hell, the company that I work for allows us to work fully remote and takes us on two vacations per year - a fishing trip in Arkansas and somewhere international (usually Canada, Mexico or somewhere tropical). If I were to leave and go somewhere else, these perks would undoubtedly be gone. If I was tasked with giving a report card, I would also probably rate that new company low in those categories.

This is also another thing. Do we know that they are actually whining? You keep saying that but from everything I have read, you are just making an assumption. The players have voiced their desire for these things, but that doesn't mean they are actually complaining. There's a big difference between...

"Yeah, it'd be cool if the Bengals offered all three meals every day. I'd like to see that at some point. I know most other teams do that."

Versus

"I think it's ridiculous that the Bengals don't offer us every meal, every day, man. I don't know what they are doing, but it is ridiculous that this one of the only teams that doesn't."

Keep in mind, they are being prompted by a survey to provide their thoughts. They aren't just going out and voicing them. 

I hate you Rant
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 01:46 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I hate you Rant

Ohhhh, now I'll known to send you photos of all the rainbow and brown trout we catch. 
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 01:57 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Ohhhh, now I'll known to send you photos of all the rainbow and brown trout we catch. 

I'll just say this amd then leave it alone. Players would do well to listen to what MJ said when he came back from 1 year at Tampa Bay.
Reply/Quote