New mock
1. Corey coleman wr baylor
2. Sterling shepard wr ok
3. Jaylon smith lb nd
4. Hassan ridgeway dt tex
5. Rashard robinson cb lsu
6. Isaac seumalo c og st
7. Aaron green rb tcu

I would have liked to get a pass rusher somewhere but that will have to come next year. If coleman and treadwell are gone when we pick in the 1st I really hope we go dline or corner depending on who is left.
Reply/Quote
I like some picks, but I'm not sold on taking WR's in 1-2, especially when its a weak class, and we only need a #2 Wideout. With that in mind here's my mock:

1) Emmanuel Ogbah-DE (Oregon St) - 6'4 275, has the size to be able to rotate on the edge and make a dominate pass rush with Dunlap and MJ.

2) Charon Peake-WR (Clemson) -6'2 210, he's solid value here, and gives us a good tall Wideout to groom behind Lafell for a year.

3) Justin Simmons-FS (BC) -6'2 205, solid leader, gives us depth at a position of need allowing us to shore up the back end of the secondary with nelson's departure.

4) Keyarris Garratt-WR (Tulsa)- 6'3 220, huge target, would shore up wideouts here and replenish the depth chart

5) Evan Boehm- C (Missouri)- 6'2 310, 4yr starter at Mizzou, provides solid insurance at both C/G spots in case we let Zeitler walk.

6) Keith Marshall-RB (Georgia)- 6'0 220, we always seem to draft UGA, so we get a guy with loads of potential, great size in a punishing AFC North. we usually carry 4 backs, but Burkhead could bump a WR out.

7) Melvin Lewis-DT (Kentucky) -6'4 335. huge massive body in the middle could take pressure off atkins and be Peko's/Sims replacement.

just my ideas.
Reply/Quote
The two wr's would probably be bpa in that situation. Peake has a lot of potential but would be a major reach in the 2nd round, especially if a polished wr like Shepherd is still there. As far as only needing a #2 wr, I disagree. We have literally no depth behind aj green at this point. We have lafell for 1 year at this point and a bunch of nobodies as our 3-6 recievers. We need at least 2 wr's in this draft. We dont have to take them in the first 2 rounds like in my mock but im starting to like the idea of getting the best talent at our biggest need in the early rounds. I doubt coleman will be there at 24 anyway so I could definitely see us taking a dt or an edge rusher at 24. If we do im hoping for kevin dodd as the de or rankins as the dt. This draft is so deep at dt id rather wait and get ridgeway or jones later in the draft. Id be happy with corey coleman/ chris jones / charon peake or kevin dodd/sterling shepard/ hassan ridgeway.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 08:24 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: 1. Corey coleman wr baylor
2. Sterling shepard wr ok
3. Jaylon smith lb nd
4. Hassan ridgeway dt tex
5. Rashard robinson cb lsu
6. Isaac seumalo c og st
7. Aaron green rb tcu

I would have liked to get a pass rusher somewhere but that will have to come next year.  If coleman and treadwell are gone when we pick in the 1st I really hope we go dline or corner depending on who is left.

I would love to have Coleman stretching things outside and Shepard working underneath, but we can't wait until 2017 to address defensive needs before the 4th round (assuming Smith sits this year)... 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote