• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New off season/Draft Mock
Hard Truths:
Tag Tee
Let Boyd walk.
C.Jones is gonna have to step up.
Cut Nick Scott
Cut Joe Mixon
Must re-sign Chido (Turner needs another year)
Re-sign Hudson
Re-sign Sample
Re-sign Reader.

Free Agent Signings:
DT Javon Kinlaw
WR Jalen Reagor
CB Eli Apple
FS Teshaun Gipson

NFL Draft:
I used the NFL draft buzz mock simulator.
At 18 the Texans offered me dalton Shultz and their 23 overall picked to move up 5 spots. Seemed like a no brainer.

1(23) NT T. Sweat Texas
2 OT Kingsley Suamataia BYU
3 DT Leonard Taylor Miami
4 RB Braelen Allen Wisconsin
5 WR Javon Baker UCF
5 LG Javion Cohen Miami
6 OC Andrew Raym Oklahoma
7 P Austin McNamara Texas Tech
7 RB Jase McClellan Alabama

Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
Trading for Schultz is an absolutely horrible idea.

Your free agents are guys that I would be pissed that we signed. Kinlaw isn't bad, but Reagor was absolutely horrible with a couple teams and Eli Apple is past his day.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 04:34 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Trading for Schultz is an absolutely horrible idea.

Your free agents are guys that I would be pissed that we signed. Kinlaw isn't bad, but Reagor was absolutely horrible with a couple teams and Eli Apple is past his day.

Try to follow the bouncing ball on this one…. We were offered a tight end way better than ours… and all people do in here is complain we need a better tight end. We upgraded the position by moving back 5 spots.
Reagor is a former first round pick who has flamed out a couple places yes but is still young has potential he’s a returner too and would be our 4th receiver or 5th. Reagor is not a bad option for that spot. We missed apple a lot last year as our corners were constantly banged up a solid vet who can make plays who knows our system is a no brainer.

Also where is your mock? Or do you just cowardly troll?
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 12:57 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Try to follow the bouncing ball on this one…. We were offered a tight end way better than ours… and all people do in here is complain we need a better tight end.  We upgraded the position by moving back 5 spots.  
Reagor is a former first round pick who has flamed out a couple places yes but is still young has potential he’s a returner too and would be our 4th receiver or 5th.  Reagor is not a bad option for that spot.  We missed apple a lot last year as our corners were constantly banged up a solid vet who can make plays who knows our system is a no brainer.

The trade for Shultz and the draft itself are fine, but those free agent selections... Yikes!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 01:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The trade for Shultz and the draft itself are fine, but those free agent selections... Yikes!

Besides the obvious... Dalton Schultz is a free agent lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 01:05 PM)Synric Wrote: Besides the obvious... Dalton Schultz is a free agent lol.

Lol, that one slid right by me in real time.  What an amazing world it would be if teams could trade quitclaims for expired contracts for actual draft capital.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 01:05 PM)Synric Wrote: Besides the obvious... Dalton Schultz is a free agent lol.

I was glad someone realized that before I had to explain it.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 12:57 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Try to follow the bouncing ball on this one…. We were offered a tight end way better than ours… and all people do in here is complain we need a better tight end.  We upgraded the position by moving back 5 spots.  
Reagor is a former first round pick who has flamed out a couple places yes but is still young has potential he’s a returner too and would be our 4th receiver or 5th.  Reagor is not a bad option for that spot.  We missed apple a lot last year as our corners were constantly banged up a solid vet who can make plays who knows our system is a no brainer.

Also where is your mock?  Or do you just cowardly troll?

Try to follow the bouncing ball - he's a free agent.  The Texans can't trade him.  
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 04:14 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Try to follow the bouncing ball - he's a free agent.  The Texans can't trade him.  

Lol fair enough but y’all still trying to come at the mock like it was my idea to trade for dalton when he was offered. I don’t ask questions when someone offers me gold
Reply/Quote
I like who you brought back in Tee for a year, Chido, Reader, Hudson, Sample. Wouldn't mind Kinlaw in FA, just put Schultz there
to get these guys off your back lol

The Draft is good, seems a bit early for Sweat though, think he will be there when we pick in the 2nd round. Getting Leonard Taylor
and Braelon Allen would make my day for sure. Good job.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2024, 05:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like who you brought back in Tee for a year, Chido, Reader, Hudson, Sample. Wouldn't mind Kinlaw in FA, just put Schultz there
to get these guys off your back lol

The Draft is good, seems a bit early for Sweat though, think he will be there when we pick in the 2nd round. Getting Leonard Taylor
and Braelon Allen would make my day for sure. Good job.

Ur prolly right lol just trying to get these dudes to understand I’m sitting in my truck at work doing a mock and it’s my pick and I chuckle cuz Houston wanna give me Shultz just to move back 5 spots.

Sweat I don’t think makes it out of the first round after his workouts and senior bowl. Reader was a monster for us we can’t be without him for the first 6 weeks.. not sure we can afford to lose bates and bell last year and then reader and chido this year. We don’t draft THAT well. Having sweat at the beginning and the reader coming back with Leonard Taylor in the mix with Hubbard and Murphy our Dline is monstrous. Then u put Allen in our backfield with Mixon and Brown.
Outwide u got Chase Tee Charlie Jones, yoshi, Reagor, Irwin. Not a huge reagor fan but I’m just trying to think like the bengals do. Former first rounder who’s still young…fizzled out a couple places will probably be cheap but has shown flashes at times and has return ability. If u got jones sliding into the slot u don’t need him taking returns. Just made sense to me.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 04:03 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Ur prolly right lol just trying to get these dudes to understand I’m sitting in my truck at work doing a mock and it’s my pick and I chuckle cuz Houston wanna give me Shultz just to move back 5 spots.

Sweat I don’t think makes it out of the first round after his workouts and senior bowl.  Reader was a monster for us we can’t be without him for the first 6 weeks.. not sure we can afford to lose bates and bell last year and then reader and chido this year.  We don’t draft THAT well.  Having sweat at the beginning and the reader coming back with Leonard Taylor in the mix with Hubbard and Murphy our Dline is monstrous.  Then u put Allen in our backfield with Mixon and Brown.  
Outwide u got Chase Tee Charlie Jones, yoshi, Reagor, Irwin.  Not a huge reagor fan but I’m just trying to think like the bengals do.  Former first rounder who’s still young…fizzled out a couple places will probably be cheap but has shown flashes at times and has return ability.  If u got jones sliding into the slot u don’t need him taking returns.  Just made sense to me.

Yeah, you got a lot of flack, but we would definitely be in a better place all across the board if this happened and we got the players you 
say here. Bringing back Chido is something that not many are saying is going to happen but it certainly could and I think it would be a good
move, he was coming off a terrible injury last year and clearly wasn't 100% for much of the season. Given another year he should be much 
better.

Sweat is a big boy, I don't know how he will look at workouts. I don't see him lighting up the combine. He is just a monster run stopping NT
that would fit us good, he offers next to nothing rushing the passer unlike Reader who can do both. This is why I think he falls to the 2nd.

Reagor has done nothing in the NFL but that doesn't mean he couldn't surprise and show some of that 1st round talent with us. I definitely 
liked him in college, dude was fast and a playmaker.

Overall I like your plan and would love to have all these players this year.
Reply/Quote