Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New offense under Taylor, whats it look like ?
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/1/17/18179634/film-room-what-zac-taylors-offense-in-cincinnati-could-look-like-in-2019

I'm just so pumped about finally getting a breath of fresh air in the offense ! We have been so stale and boring these last couple seasons. Funny how they talk in this article about actually using Ross like he should be and Neglecting Mixon in the pass game. Same stuff we complain about on here.

I just can't wait to see how it all unfolds ! Wonder what Andy is thinking ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wide Receivers have to block in the Rams system. 96% out of the 11 personnel sets is crazy...I know the ran it 80% in 2017 and I though that was crazy high lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 11:53 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/1/17/18179634/film-room-what-zac-taylors-offense-in-cincinnati-could-look-like-in-2019

I'm just so pumped about finally getting a breath of fresh air in the offense ! We have been so stale and boring these last couple seasons. Funny how they talk in this article about actually using Ross like he should be and Neglecting Mixon in the pass game. Same stuff we complain about on here.

I just can't wait to see how it all unfolds ! Wonder what Andy is thinking ?

I totally agree! Was getting so tired of hearing how they changed the offense and was going to do this or that, only to have what looked like the same offense we had seen for quite a time...

I would think all QBs would be excited to run what the Rams do. You actually see WRs seperate from DBs.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 12:01 PM)Synric Wrote: Wide Receivers have to block in the Rams system. 96% out of the 11 personnel sets is crazy...I know the ran it 80% in 2017 and I though that was crazy high lol.

If it ain't broke don't fix it

(01-17-2019, 12:08 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I totally agree! Was getting so tired of hearing how they changed the offense and was going to do this or that, only to have what looked like the same offense we had seen for quite a time...

I would think all QBs would be excited to run what the Rams do. You actually see WRs seperate from DBs.

Oh yeah

There were just a couple games this season and perhaps a couple the previous season ? Other than that watching our O was like watching paint dry.
Reply/Quote
From what I gather in the interview process, he favors McVay's offense with a few wrinkles.  That tells me a healthy dose of Joe Mixon, and playaction off of that.  It really helped Goff, and I believe it would do wonders for Andy.  When teams MUST respect the run, it helps your receivers get open, and the playaction leads to guys breaking wide open when the coverage bites on the play fake.  

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Fuk. Ross can’t even run a straight line without ***** up or getting injured. How is he supposed to remember a complicated offense. N have you seen him attempt to block. My god it’s gonna be ugly
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 12:22 PM)Wyche Wrote: From what I gather in the interview process, he favors McVay's offense with a few wrinkles.  That tells me a healthy dose of Joe Mixon, and playaction off of that.  It really helped Goff, and I believe it would do wonders for Andy.  When teams MUST respect the run, it helps your receivers get open, and the playaction leads to guys breaking wide open when the coverage bites on the play fake.  

I've always thought a good run game and the play action off of it is the key to Andy's success. And a modified hurry up.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 12:23 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Fuk. Ross can’t even run a straight line without ***** up or getting injured.  How is he supposed to remember a complicated offense.   N have you seen him attempt to block.   My god it’s gonna be ugly

You have a good point, but isn't the Rams offense pretty simple with a lot of window dressing?  Seems I read that during this barrage of information we've been sifting through during the coaching carousel.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 12:23 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Fuk. Ross can’t even run a straight line without ***** up or getting injured.  How is he supposed to remember a complicated offense.   N have you seen him attempt to block.   My god it’s gonna be ugly

Coaching changes everything 
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 12:26 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've always thought a good run game and the play action off of it is the key to Andy's success. And a modified hurry up.

Protection is the key with Dalton.  People say it's weapons, but 2014 says that's not necessarily the case.  When everyone was dinged up, we still won 10 games.  He was still protected well.  Play action helps your line too.  I also like the hurry up with him, I seem to recall Hue letting him do that at times and we had good success.  A lot of presnap movement helped that offense too.

Reply/Quote
Watch - we don't get Taylor as HC. He either stays on his current team or is attracted away from us by a better offer.

Everyone counting chickens before they hatch.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 12:34 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Watch - we don't get Taylor as HC. He either stays on his current team or is attracted away from us by a better offer.

Okay.  Thanks, sunshine.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 12:34 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Watch - we don't get Taylor as HC. He either stays on his current team or is attracted away from us by a better offer.

well with our two top options on the board and only 2 teams still looking for HC  its safe to say we don't have much competition  Dolphins are looking at NE's LB Coach
Reply/Quote
And I agree with the article to on Kroft and Uzomah, they may well be "Taylor made" for his style offense ?
Reply/Quote

So what? He should primarily be doing two things on the field:
1) Running in a straight line down the field as fast as he can.
2) Catching screen passes and running reverses to get him in space.

Our coaching staff basically didn't let him do either all year, and IMO #2 is the most glaring of the two.

IMO if the Bengals have things go the way they want he is just their 4th receiving option anyways (behind Green, Boyd, and Eifert). He'll be bang or bust from game to game through his whole career but I still think there's a place for him here.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 01:09 PM)NKURyan Wrote: So what? He should primarily be doing two things on the field:
1) Running in a straight line down the field as fast as he can.
2) Catching screen passes and running reverses to get him in space.

Our coaching staff basically didn't let him do either all year, and IMO #2 is the most glaring of the two.

IMO if the Bengals have things go the way they want he is just their 4th receiving option anyways (behind Green, Boyd, and Eifert). He'll be bang or bust from game to game through his whole career but I still think there's a place for him here.

Yup,

Do I think Ross is gonna be a household name next season rewriting the record books ? no

But I do think there's a lot more there than we've seen thus far.
Reply/Quote

If he were an OC I could see him staying in LA or looking elsewhere. Right now it seems like we are a safe bet to land him because we are willing to invest early on him.  From QB coach to HC is a pretty big promotion and we wouldn't get him if we didn't offer him practically everything before anyone else does.

I'm all for the change around here, but I also realize we are going way overboard to make our coaching staff the antithesis of what it was before.  Could be a wise investment where we get in on the bottom floor and it could be as bad as making a QB coach ad HC overnight.  Time will tell 
Reply/Quote
Just have to see it play out.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 01:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If he were an OC I could see him staying in LA or looking elsewhere. Right now it seems like we are a safe bet to land him because we are willing to invest early on him.  From QB coach to HC is a pretty big promotion and we wouldn't get him if we didn't offer him practically everything before anyone else does.

I'm all for the change around here, but I also realize we are going way overboard to make our coaching staff the antithesis of what it was before.  Could be a wise investment where we get in on the bottom floor and it could be as bad as making a QB coach ad HC overnight.  Time will tell 

Once he is officially made a Bengal, then hey, I'll be on board 1000%. But until that happens, I am optimistically cautious.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 12:26 PM)Wyche Wrote: You have a good point, but isn't the Rams offense pretty simple with a lot of window dressing?  Seems I read that during this barrage of information we've been sifting through during the coaching carousel.

Yeah I read that somewhere also. Basically they ran the same 11 plays on offense, but ran them out of different formations.
Reply/Quote