Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New standard deduction
I had heard that it was raised, but I didn't realize it doubled. I don't know about the rest of the tax deductions, but this one is great. Last year our itemized deductions barely nosed out our standard deduction, and now that it's at $24,400 it won't even be close. So that's an additional $12,200 we get to take off our income, and I don't have to save and keep track of all the itemized stuff anymore.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I am interested to see if I notice anything different because of the tax law.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(01-17-2019, 02:40 PM)jj22 Wrote: I am interested to see if I notice anything different because of the tax law.

Unless you are pretty well off and can hit $25,000 in itemized deductions or are on the other end don't make enough to pay any taxes then the doubling of the standard deduction will make a difference.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall